The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The "What Episode was That From?" Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35318)

CyberCubed 12-04-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1027804)
Anything is possible in the OT... if you believe in something strongly enough, that is!

Man, "Michelangleo's Birthday" was one messed-up episode...

http://oldmanwinters.deviantart.com/...olor-253697256

I'm surprised you consider it one of the worst episodes, I thought the whole actual episode was pretty funny until the ending. I also love it when Shredder goes with the Turtles in the Turtle Van, and Raphael says, "We'll put up with you Shredder but not Bebop and Rocksteady."

And Shredder says, "You win a few, and you lose a few." :lol:

oldmanwinters 12-04-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1028755)
I'm surprised you consider it one of the worst episodes, I thought the whole actual episode was pretty funny until the ending. I also love it when Shredder goes with the Turtles in the Turtle Van, and Raphael says, "We'll put up with you Shredder but not Bebop and Rocksteady."

And Shredder says, "You win a few, and you lose a few." :lol:

Oh, don't get me wrong! I love most of that episode. The Flush-o-matic and the true deviousness of Shredder is great. Bebop and Rocksteady are really funny on their tricycles.

I just think people ought to have been permanently banned from the writing profession for that plot resolution. It's inexcusable even for the Fred Wolf series. And it's Example A I point to when people criticize the mutant bananas and pizzas as "too weird" for the OT. Nothing will ever get weirder than the moth ball resolution.

Also... that Channel 6 subplot just kinda disappears, if I remember. Vernon was gonna go try to do something and he has this discussion with April about it, but I think the episode just forgot about the whole storyline.

CyberCubed 12-06-2012 10:34 PM

Does Don Turtelli ever reappear after Season 3? He's in, "Case of the Hot Kimono," and, "The Great Boldini" but I don't think we ever see him after that.

It seems like he was replaced by Big Louie and Pinky Mcfingers during Season 4. It actually surprised me when I realize Big Louie didn't appear till Season 4...I always assumed we saw him earlier.

Icebot 12-07-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1029476)
Does Don Turtelli ever reappear after Season 3? He's in, "Case of the Hot Kimono," and, "The Great Boldini" but I don't think we ever see him after that.

Don Turtelli was only in season 3. He got captured in The Great Boldini and after that, he was never seen again. There was an older version of him in Burne's Blues.

Refractive Reflections 12-11-2012 03:01 AM

When was the very first episode in the OT that the Turtles first enter and explore Dimension X? (I know it wasn't seasons 1-3 based on the plots.)

After watching so many episodes, I can't seem to narrow down the precise episode because it seems by the later seasons the Turtles find the dimension so familiar. Were they shocked though upon first arriving there (or at least Donatello being scientifically curious) or was that a plot hole of sorts when the Turtles seemingly know where everything is in Dimension X with their initial encounter?

Icebot 12-11-2012 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLS (Post 1030789)
When was the very first episode in the OT that the Turtles first enter and explore Dimension X? (I know it wasn't seasons 1-3 based on the plots.)

After watching so many episodes, I can't seem to narrow down the precise episode because it seems by the later seasons the Turtles find the dimension so familiar. Were they shocked though upon first arriving there (or at least Donatello being scientifically curious) or was that a plot hole of sorts when the Turtles seemingly know where everything is in Dimension X with their initial encounter?

That was Shredder's Mother and they pretty much knew a lot about Dimension X by then. I remember in The Big Blowout when they said the other side of the portal looks like Dimension X so they pretty much somehow knew what it looked like already.

pannoni1 12-11-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icebot (Post 1030798)
That was Shredder's Mother and they pretty much knew a lot about Dimension X by then. I remember in The Big Blowout when they said the other side of the portal looks like Dimension X so they pretty much somehow knew what it looked like already.

Ever since "Hot Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X" when the Turtles saw the portal open during the battle along with encountering Traag, the Turtles seemed to know what/where Dimension X is, and probably in between episodes Michelangelo could have asked Donatello to show where the Neutrinos live.

Refractive Reflections 12-11-2012 10:45 AM

Thanks Icebot and pannoni1,

I knew the Turtles were obviously familiar with Dimension X WAY before actually entering it (ever since "Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X"), but I thought maybe there would have been a phrase or small discussion among them first entering it ("Shredder's Mom" then according to Icebot). Similar to how people know a lot about New York City, Los Angeles or Disney World but when they first arrive its still a fascinating experience.

:lol: I guess I'm just looking too deep into this cartoon. LOL :roll:

CyberCubed 12-12-2012 10:27 PM

Dimension X also has breathable atmosphere, which I find strange given the Technodrome is literally on a floating asteroid.

Jephael 12-13-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1031649)
Dimension X also has breathable atmosphere, which I find strange given the Technodrome is literally on a floating asteroid.

It's an alien world in a different galaxy, dude. Physics don't work the same way.

CyberCubed 12-13-2012 08:33 PM

Anyone notice there was a Mr. Ogg statue in the wax museum in, "Turtlemaniac?"

I believe that was the only time the character was ever referenced again.

cammy85 12-15-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1031943)
Anyone notice there was a Mr. Ogg statue in the wax museum in, "Turtlemaniac?"

I believe that was the only time the character was ever referenced again.

Yup!! Though I would like to know the stories behind the Two Headed Biker and the Sumerian Slug. :(

oldmanwinters 12-19-2012 10:47 AM

Something I can't remember...

What episode did Baxter Stockman's computer friend first appear and did the computer guy have a name?

cammy85 12-19-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1033665)
Something I can't remember...

What episode did Baxter Stockman's computer friend first appear and did the computer guy have a name?

Baxter's computer first appeared as an onboard computer of a spaceship that was confused as a temple by local archaeologists. The ship fell apart at the end of the episode and Baxter was left to die.

Due to inconsistencies between the syndicated and Saturday series, the next time we see Baxter, his computer WAS a physical computer and he had escaped from the spiderweb to fly through a Dimension X like limbo. Much like how the Technodrome landed upside down on a circular asteroid and the next time we see it it's right side up on an asteroid trapped in a small volcano. :p

oldmanwinters 12-19-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cammy85 (Post 1033671)
Baxter's computer first appeared as an onboard computer of a spaceship that was confused as a temple by local archaeologists. The ship fell apart at the end of the episode and Baxter was left to die.

Due to inconsistencies between the syndicated and Saturday series, the next time we see Baxter, his computer WAS a physical computer and he had escaped from the spiderweb to fly through a Dimension X like limbo. Much like how the Technodrome landed upside down on a circular asteroid and the next time we see it it's right side up on an asteroid trapped in a small volcano. :p

So was that the episode "Bye, Bye, Fly" ?

CyberCubed 12-19-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1033672)
So was that the episode "Bye, Bye, Fly" ?

The computer had the same voice of that alien spaceship in Bye Bye Fly at the end of Season 3.

In Season 4's Son of the Fly we see the same computer as an actual computer.

cammy85 12-20-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1033672)
So was that the episode "Bye, Bye, Fly" ?

I forgot to include the title!! :O Yes, it was. :)

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-02-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cammy85 (Post 1033671)
Baxter's computer first appeared as an onboard computer of a spaceship that was confused as a temple by local archaeologists. The ship fell apart at the end of the episode and Baxter was left to die.

Due to inconsistencies between the syndicated and Saturday series, the next time we see Baxter, his computer WAS a physical computer and he had escaped from the spiderweb to fly through a Dimension X like limbo. :p

What's the problem with that? The small AI-computer was probably part of the spacecraft, controlling all of the other computers inside that spacecraft. Remember it could control the ship kitchen's robot cooks to make Turtle Soap as today's meal. We didn't see everything inside that spacecraft.

Pterobat 03-02-2013 09:29 PM

Eh, I consider the transition between "Bye, Bye Fly" and "Son of Return of the Fly II" to be a big old continuity error. We just see the ship falling apart, and we don't get an explanation as to how Baxter got out of that alien spider's web.

It doesn't really bother me, though.

As for the computer's name, I've seen the name "Z" or "Zee" used on TVTropes.org and the TMNTWiki, and I've adopted it for personal use (as a Canadian, I read "Z" as "Zed", though). But I can't find any source for the name, which bothers me. Is it just fanon?

gobo 03-02-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pterobat (Post 1066937)
Is it just fanon?

I'm pretty sure, yes. But, I won't be surprised if someone who knows better than me says I'm wrong. I suppose it might be something straight from production. I'm just fairly sure the character was never called by name. The closest I recall is Baxter referriong to him numerous times in the CBS eps as "my friend".

MikeandRaph87 03-02-2013 10:13 PM

Z is the name of the alien computer controling the centuries abandoned alien spaceship in "Bye. Bye Fly". It appears as a computer chip turned desktop with a virtual body in "Son Of Return of The Fly". Z is absent for no known reason in "Landlord of The Flies". Like said above it is a hiccup continuity-wise. unfortunately there are other error like Krang's bubble walker in Get Shredder instead of te andriod body he was left with. Production staff should be able to catch these errors when reading the script. :tgrumble: Anyway, Z makes his third and final appearance in Revenge of The Fly seen in the form a communicator.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-03-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pterobat (Post 1066937)
Eh, I consider the transition between "Bye, Bye Fly" and "Son of Return of the Fly II" to be a big old continuity error. We just see the ship falling apart, and we don't get an explanation as to how Baxter got out of that alien spider's web.

It doesn't really bother me, though.

As for the computer's name, I've seen the name "Z" or "Zee" used on TVTropes.org and the TMNTWiki, and I've adopted it for personal use (as a Canadian, I read "Z" as "Zed", though). But I can't find any source for the name, which bothers me. Is it just fanon?

I recall one theory how parts of the crashing spacecraft destroys the spider-web, allowing Baxter Stockman to fly away while the spider falls down to that planet's ground.

Pterobat 03-03-2013 03:51 PM

Yeah, but it's just a fan theory. Fan theories are fun to make up, and I like doing it, too, but it's not a substitute for canon.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 03-03-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pterobat (Post 1067195)
Yeah, but it's just a fan theory. Fan theories are fun to make up, and I like doing it, too, but it's not a substitute for canon.

Actually, I think that planet he crashes on is a reference to two things:

1. "The Spider and the Fly"
2. Baxter Stockman "being all bark and no bite". All he does in that episode ("Bye, Bye Fly") is acting tough, first scaring away the scientists who believe it's a temple, plan revenge on Shredder and Krang, try to fight off the turtles, but when everything comes around, he's just a "small little fly in the big Universe"

oldmanwinters 03-17-2013 02:54 PM

What episode is this screencap from? April is hanging over some kind of vat and the wooden beam to which her robe is tied is slowly cracking.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56...psfe2548aa.jpg

CyberCubed 03-17-2013 03:05 PM

I think that's from one of the Euro vacation episodes where she's hanging over a cheese vat. It's the one with the two jewel thieves in Venice.

oldmanwinters 03-17-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1072815)
I think that's from one of the Euro vacation episodes where she's hanging over a cheese vat. It's the one with the two jewel thieves in Venice.

Hmm... all those European episodes really do run together in my memories. What a strange batch of shows!

gobo 03-17-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1072815)
It's the one with the two jewel thieves in Holland.

Fixed that for you! :twink: I remember it was Holland, because I had to look up what it means to get in Dutch. What a stupid phrase... >_<

oldmanwinters 03-17-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobo (Post 1072836)
Fixed that for you! :twink: I remember it was Holland, because I had to look up what it means to get in Dutch. What a stupid phrase... >_<

Thanks, gobo! Yeah, I've never quite understood the "get in the Dutch" phrase myself.

gobo 03-17-2013 06:15 PM

Whoops... :sweatdro: I screwed up that hyperlink. Fixed now. :embarass:

CyberCubed 03-17-2013 08:57 PM

The only Euro eps that were really memorable was the Viking one, the Oriental express, and the first one or two in France.

Refractive Reflections 03-17-2013 10:51 PM

I'm trying to remember the episode (pretty sure its within the Red Sky Episodes), where Donatello tells the other Turtles to head to the restrooms. Of course Raphael makes a quip about telling Donatello that he should have done that before leaving, but Donatello says it's useful because they can use the mirrors to deflect the lasers of the enemies they are currently fighting.

Do you guys remember which episode it was?

CyberCubed 03-17-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLS (Post 1072981)
I'm trying to remember the episode (pretty sure its within the Red Sky Episodes), where Donatello tells the other Turtles to head to the restrooms. Of course Raphael makes a quip about telling Donatello that he should have done that before leaving, but Donatello says it's useful because they can use the mirrors to deflect the lasers of the enemies they are currently fighting.

Do you guys remember which episode it was?

No, that's from the Season 3 finale eps. I think its the first one when they're in the huge army installation with all those robots.

Icebot 03-18-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLS (Post 1072981)
I'm trying to remember the episode (pretty sure its within the Red Sky Episodes), where Donatello tells the other Turtles to head to the restrooms. Of course Raphael makes a quip about telling Donatello that he should have done that before leaving, but Donatello says it's useful because they can use the mirrors to deflect the lasers of the enemies they are currently fighting.

Do you guys remember which episode it was?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1072982)
No, that's from the Season 3 finale eps. I think its the first one when they're in the huge army installation with all those robots.

Yes, that was in the Big Ripoff. Something similar did happen in the episode HAVOC in the Streets, a red sky episode. When the turtles battled Synapse, the turtles also used mirrors to reflect Synapse's lasers back toward him.

Refractive Reflections 03-20-2013 07:57 PM

Thanks CyberCubed and Icebot, I'll check both of those episodes out! :)

marsh 03-27-2013 11:49 AM

I was always pretty fond of the old show when I was in preschool, but my parents banned me from watching it after an episode or two, and a year or two later the old cartoon was taken off the air. To this day my strongest memory of the 87 series is one of the turtles (I suppose Raphael?) shouting angrily at the other turtles to not trust the Shredder, because "he was the one who turned Splinter into a rat!" (And then running off? I can't remember properly anymore)

I seem to also remember some kind of computer or a crushing conveyor belt, but that may have been from a separate episode.

But I've been trying to catch up on the old 80s series, and I never see any of the turtles get angry or angsty, they just throw around puns and Shredder is usually pretty up-front about wanting to kill the Turtles, there's no deception about wanting to help them or convince them to trust him.

Any ideas which episode it came from?

Icebot 03-27-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsh (Post 1076436)
I was always pretty fond of the old show when I was in preschool, but my parents banned me from watching it after an episode or two, and a year or two later the old cartoon was taken off the air. To this day my strongest memory of the 87 series is one of the turtles (I suppose Raphael?) shouting angrily at the other turtles to not trust the Shredder, because "he was the one who turned Splinter into a rat!" (And then running off? I can't remember properly anymore)

I seem to also remember some kind of computer or a crushing conveyor belt, but that may have been from a separate episode.

But I've been trying to catch up on the old 80s series, and I never see any of the turtles get angry or angsty, they just throw around puns and Shredder is usually pretty up-front about wanting to kill the Turtles, there's no deception about wanting to help them or convince them to trust him.

Any ideas which episode it came from?

I'm guessing the one where they had the issue with trusting Shredder is Michaelangelo's Birthday. Three of the turtles allowed Shredder inside the turtle van to help them look for Michaelangelo.

oldmanwinters 03-27-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsh (Post 1076436)
I seem to also remember some kind of computer or a crushing conveyor belt, but that may have been from a separate episode.

Any ideas which episode it came from?

Leonardo and Raphael were trapped in a pizza on a conveyor belt in the episode "Cowabunga, Shredhead." That episode also featured a holographic computer that spanned a few Michelangelo clones and zapped Shredder's mind to make him think he was Michelangelo.

marsh 03-28-2013 04:00 PM

I dunno, just made it through both suggested episodes and didn't hear any angry lines about Shredder turning Splinter into a rat. There weren't any other series/made-for-tv movies about Splinter once being human before the 2000's, were there?

('Cowabunga Shredhead' made me cry tears of laughter to hear Avery trying on his surfer voice. Seriously thank you)

gobo 03-28-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsh (Post 1076981)
I dunno, just made it through both suggested episodes and didn't hear any angry lines about Shredder turning Splinter into a rat.

You left that part out. That was ep5, "Shredder & Splintered". All 20th century kids I know called it "The Shredder Is Splintered" because that was the name of the VHS volume it was on. Also, it makes more sense. :trazz:
Quote:

Originally Posted by marsh (Post 1076981)
There weren't any other series/made-for-tv movies about Splinter once being human before the 2000's, were there?

Splinter was originally human in the original 'toon. It was mentioned in each of the first 5 eps, the S2 ep "Splinter No More" and the S3 clip-show "Blast From The Past".


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.