The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The "What Episode was That From?" Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35318)

marsh 03-28-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobo (Post 1077001)
You left that part out.

I actually didn't leave it out-

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsh (Post 1076436)
To this day my strongest memory of the 87 series is one of the turtles (I suppose Raphael?) shouting angrily at the other turtles to not trust the Shredder, because "he was the one who turned Splinter into a rat!" (And then running off? I can't remember properly anymore)

-but nevermind. :trazz: I've watched all of the first season and Splinter No More and Michelangelo's Birthday and Cowabunga Shredhead and even the clip show episode, but no go on that specific quote. The closest I've gotten was in A Thing About Rats, when the turtles blow off steam at the very beginning by saying what they'd like to do to Shredder.

I'm beginning to think I made up that quote myself during a game with some friends on the playground. Weird, because I can remember the exact tone of the turtle voice actor in my head- I must've just taken what I knew at the time and upped the angst.

Ah well. Thanks anyway for all the help!

Type 97 Chi-ha 04-04-2013 05:31 PM

I think that there was more than one epsiode where Shredder tells Rocksteady and Bebop, "Oh, shut up, you two before I sell you to a freak show!" Anyone know which?

pat 04-18-2013 05:05 PM

Do you remember this episode?

There was an episode (in the early years) in which Kraang was holding a man hostage at a TV station. Every time the hostage tried to get away, Kraang would use a special ray gun to throw the man to the ground. Exasperated after his third attempted escape, the man replied, "If this keeps up I'm going to have to go see my chiropractor."

If you might remember this episode, could you please give me any information that might help me find it? Thanks!

CyberCubed 04-18-2013 05:28 PM

The man sounds like Vernon, but I'm not sure what ep that was.

gobo 04-18-2013 05:59 PM

You sure it was Krang? O_o I think you might be thinking of Baxter The Fly in "Son of Return of The Fly II".

Icebot 04-18-2013 06:02 PM

If it was Krang I'm guessing Turtles On Trial.

pat 04-18-2013 06:40 PM

Thanks for the leads! I'll check them out. Let me know if you have any other ideas...

pat 04-18-2013 06:51 PM

Found it! It was Son of Return of the Fly II ! Thank you so much!

Zetathetatke 04-23-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Type 97 Chi-ha (Post 1079773)
I think that there was more than one epsiode where Shredder tells Rocksteady and Bebop, "Oh, shut up, you two before I sell you to a freak show!" Anyone know which?

wanna say that he said that in 'turtle tracks" and "Teenagers from dimension X" but i'm just going off of childhood memory

Barry the Nomad 05-06-2013 06:53 AM

Hey all! New user, first post, long time Turtle fan. Was big into the 80's series and toys, loved the first two movies, and am about to check out the latest series. Anyway, I have a question/challenge for you all. Way back in the day when you could buy TMNT animation cels at Target, I picked up the cel seen below. It's a pretty good one, given that it has all four turtles. I want to know, though, can anybody pinpoint which episode it is from? It is something that has always bugged me, and it would be awesome to know!

http://i.imgur.com/dcNX2Bx.jpg

gobo 05-06-2013 12:36 PM

"From Season 1" is all I can say right off the top of my head.

oldmanwinters 05-07-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobo (Post 1093434)
"From Season 1" is all I can say right off the top of my head.

I was actually thinking Season 2, maybe Mean Machines?

turtletoons81 05-07-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry the Nomad (Post 1093308)
Hey all! New user, first post, long time Turtle fan. Was big into the 80's series and toys, loved the first two movies, and am about to check out the latest series. Anyway, I have a question/challenge for you all. Way back in the day when you could buy TMNT animation cels at Target, I picked up the cel seen below. It's a pretty good one, given that it has all four turtles. I want to know, though, can anybody pinpoint which episode it is from? It is something that has always bugged me, and it would be awesome to know!

michelangelo looks so high man :tlol:

Shreddhead 05-07-2013 05:44 PM

Can anyone tell me what ot episode had a dimension x alien that looked like krang's android body?

tone-master21 05-07-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreddhead (Post 1094270)
Can anyone tell me what ot episode had a dimension x alien that looked like krang's android body?

The episode is "Divide and Conquer" from season 10

Barry the Nomad 05-08-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtletoons81 (Post 1094229)
michelangelo looks so high man :tlol:

You wanna see high? Check out Tails in this Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cel I own:

http://i.imgur.com/sBGQ1rE.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1094187)
I was actually thinking Season 2, maybe Mean Machines?

Thanks! Took your advice and skimmed through season 2 and I found them! The cels are from one of my favorite episodes as a kid: "Enter: The Fly". The background that I have is not the one from the scene (unless they reused this bit of animation in a later episode using this background). I'm not bothered, given how boring the original background looked - just a blue sky and a few clouds. Splinter wasn't included in my cel, which explains the open space to the right. I noted that Leo and Don are from a few seconds before Mikey and Raph, and that in the cell you can see MUCH more of them. Above the belt is only seen in the episode. In my cel, Mikey and Raph are shifted to the right a bit more. Makes me wonder how much of Raph is there, and maybe I can shift them a bit more so they fill out the scene, should I ever get this framed.

http://i.imgur.com/gbjnUHE.png

http://i.imgur.com/ag6xEyU.png

oldmanwinters 05-08-2013 06:36 AM

Oh, good, I should have remembered that bit from Enter the Fly when the Turtles joke about Splinter getting a little pro-active with violence. That episode probably had the best animation of the season too, which is why the turtles could almost pass for Season 1 designs.

Barry the Nomad 05-08-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1094520)
Oh, good, I should have remembered that bit from Enter the Fly when the Turtles joke about Splinter getting a little pro-active with violence. That episode probably had the best animation of the season too, which is why the turtles could almost pass for Season 1 designs.

Makes me wonder where that background is from. Can't be red sky, given when I bought that cel it was pre-red sky episodes.

MrPliggins 05-08-2013 07:46 AM

Many of the cels sold through retail had incorrect reproduction backgrounds. I think it's just because whoever packaged them wasn't going through episodes and finding what the correct background was, which would have been extremely time consuming. They were probably just given all the cels and a bunch of backgrounds to choose from and chose whatever looked best.

It's probably also the reason why, since yours is a "double cel" they're incorrectly matched time-wise. The Splinter portion may have been packaged and sold separately. I think it's better without Splinter anyway.

Barry the Nomad 05-08-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPliggins (Post 1094548)
Many of the cels sold through retail had incorrect reproduction backgrounds. I think it's just because whoever packaged them wasn't going through episodes and finding what the correct background was, which would have been extremely time consuming. They were probably just given all the cels and a bunch of backgrounds to choose from and chose whatever looked best.

It's probably also the reason why, since yours is a "double cel" they're incorrectly matched time-wise. The Splinter portion may have been packaged and sold separately. I think it's better without Splinter anyway.

Thanks for the details, I figured that was the case. I feel sorry for the poor kid who got "Splinter in a van staring into nothingness".

Or this one... Irma all pizza'd up (not mine, spotted it on ebay today):

http://i.imgur.com/WYwFNJh.png

Shreddhead 05-08-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tone-master21 (Post 1094344)
The episode is "Divide and Conquer" from season 10

Thank you! Im glad you could tell what I was talking about from my poor description.

cammy85 05-08-2013 04:56 PM

I figured that background was from the "Turtles At The Earth's Core" episode.

Barry the Nomad 05-09-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cammy85 (Post 1094794)
I figured that background was from the "Turtles At The Earth's Core" episode.

Just checked, it isn't. That episode is mostly purple sky and volcanos.

MrPliggins 05-09-2013 10:04 AM

Looks like the bg might be from "What's Michelangelo Good For", the scene where the Turtles are captured by the robots?

Barry the Nomad 05-09-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPliggins (Post 1095132)
Looks like the bg might be from "What's Michelangelo Good For", the scene where the Turtles are captured by the robots?

Thanks for the tip! Checked the scene and it does very much look like the same location, though I can't find a match. Perhaps this background wasn't fully shown?

This is the closest I found:

http://i.imgur.com/B79rz8x.png

canaan 05-31-2013 01:27 AM

Hey guys, new here.

I recently got back to watching the original TMNT TV Series, the nostalgia is great.

But, if you can help me I would be thankful.

I have two "what ep was that" questions.
They might actually be the same episode though...IDK.

The turtles are sneaking/fighting their way in to a building, they come across an "Atlas" style statue carrying the world...but it is a TURTLE instead of Atlas. One turtle (i think Raph) says "I may not know art, but I know what I like".

Shredder and Krang are after a jewel/stone...I think. They call it compound or element 338 or some number like that. It is unstable while underground and can possibly power the dimension x portal??? IIRC, the turtles eventually use it to destroy the portal or technodrome....my memory is fuzzy.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
I would love to watch these episodes again!!!

saul 06-03-2013 01:20 PM

How many episodes featured the Turtles attending costume parties? I seem to recall it happening on more than one occasion.

MikeandRaph87 06-03-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saul (Post 1106684)
How many episodes featured the Turtles attending costume parties? I seem to recall it happening on more than one occasion.

"April Foolish" where a look a like Dutchess royal of April escapes for a night on the town and April is mistaken for her. It is during a costumed ball at the NYC embassay.

The Donald Trump parody holds a costumed party aboard his yatcht in "Raphael Meets His Match" where Raphael won a ticket and helped Mona Lisa stop the neo pirate.

That is two different episodes it happened. I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Icebot 06-03-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saul (Post 1106684)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1106688)
"April Foolish" where a look a like Dutchess royal of April escapes for a night on the town and April is mistaken for her. It is during a costumed ball at the NYC embassay.

The Donald Trump parody holds a costumed party aboard his yatcht in "Raphael Meets His Match" where Raphael won a ticket and helped Mona Lisa stop the neo pirate.

That is two different episodes it happened. I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

It also happened in Super Irma, the turtles went to a Channel 6 Halloween costume party as themselves.

gobo 06-04-2013 07:03 AM

The Four Musketurtles too.

joefsas 06-04-2013 07:30 AM

The one episode i remember watchin loads when i was a kid had the character Rex-1 in it. Think i may of had it on vhs. Iv'e also been having flashbacks of a fighting scene with bebop and rocksteady in and around a funfair with merry-go-rounds and stuff. I have no clue if they're the same episode or not. Was along time ago lol
Any ideas guys?

Edit: Oh, and any screen shots would be awsome! Would bring back so many memories :)

Icebot 06-04-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefsas (Post 1107018)
The one episode i remember watchin loads when i was a kid had the character Rex-1 in it. Think i may of had it on vhs. Iv'e also been having flashbacks of a fighting scene with bebop and rocksteady in and around a funfair with merry-go-rounds and stuff. I have no clue if they're the same episode or not. Was along time ago lol
Any ideas guys?

Edit: Oh, and any screen shots would be awsome! Would bring back so many memories :)

There were only two episodes that Rex 1 was in: New York's Shiniest and Leonardo the Renaissance Turtle. I'm guessing it might be New York's Shiniest, that had a merry go round at some carnival.

akarikamigishi 06-18-2013 11:16 PM

This may be the wrong place, but I was hit by nostalgia and I've been watching the TMNT cartoons again. I've been trying to look for the one line that has stuck in my mind for 20 years - 'Points for Leonardo!'. I can't remember if it was from the movies or the cartoon, but I re-watched the first 2 movies (skipped the 3rd) and it wasn't there.

Was it from the cartoons? And from where?

Quote:

Originally Posted by canaan (Post 1105137)
Hey guys, new here.

I recently got back to watching the original TMNT TV Series, the nostalgia is great.

But, if you can help me I would be thankful.

I have two "what ep was that" questions.
They might actually be the same episode though...IDK.

The turtles are sneaking/fighting their way in to a building, they come across an "Atlas" style statue carrying the world...but it is a TURTLE instead of Atlas. One turtle (i think Raph) says "I may not know art, but I know what I like".

Shredder and Krang are after a jewel/stone...I think. They call it compound or element 338 or some number like that. It is unstable while underground and can possibly power the dimension x portal??? IIRC, the turtles eventually use it to destroy the portal or technodrome....my memory is fuzzy.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
I would love to watch these episodes again!!!

Both of those are from S3 E11, April's Fool. The compound was Lidium 90 or something like that.

jorgovan21 06-18-2013 11:31 PM

Old school ep?

I know Bebop said "You rang, Krang?" in a Euro ep, but didn't Rocksteady say it too on a different ep? help please?

jorgovan21 06-18-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icebot (Post 1107200)
There were only two episodes that Rex 1 was in: New York's Shiniest and Leonardo the Renaissance Turtle. I'm guessing it might be New York's Shiniest, that had a merry go round at some carnival.

You are correct, sir. it was New York's Shinest.

jorgovan21 06-18-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetathetatke (Post 1088162)
wanna say that he said that in 'turtle tracks" and "Teenagers from dimension X" but i'm just going off of childhood memory

I think that was Splinter no More...

gobo 06-18-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akarikamigishi (Post 1113315)
I've been trying to look for the one line that has stuck in my mind for 20 years - 'Points for Leonardo!'.

Raph said that in the original 'toon. I can say that for certain. I don't remember off the top of my head which ep though.

akarikamigishi 06-19-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobo (Post 1113335)
Raph said that in the original 'toon. I can say that for certain. I don't remember off the top of my head which ep though.

Oh good, that's a start. I'm up to season 3 now, I hope I'll run into it eventually. I'm hoping I didn't miss it already though.

inbaly 06-19-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akarikamigishi (Post 1113315)
This may be the wrong place, but I was hit by nostalgia and I've been watching the TMNT cartoons again. I've been trying to look for the one line that has stuck in my mind for 20 years - 'Points for Leonardo!'. I can't remember if it was from the movies or the cartoon, but I re-watched the first 2 movies (skipped the 3rd) and it wasn't there.

Both of those are from S3 E11, April's Fool. The compound was Lidium 90 or something like that.

it's from the old toon season 4 the name of the episode was "Leonardo Versus Tempestra"
leonardo said that to tempestra

akarikamigishi 06-19-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inbaly (Post 1113419)
it's from the old toon season 4 the name of the episode was "Leonardo Versus Tempestra"
leonardo said that to tempestra

Score! Thanks so much!