The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Kickstarter: TMNT Action Figure Encyclopedia (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58465)

Panther10 02-16-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1794792)
I still can't believe this damn thing isn't out yet and we haven't had any updates since October of last year.

My first time pledging to something on Kickstarter and it had to be THIS. :tcry:

If you need a good fix I highly suggest you listen to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Minute podcast from dueling genere's. It really takes the sting out of having to wait for this book

RaphaelinSTL 02-16-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther10 (Post 1794795)
If you need a good fix I highly suggest you listen to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Minute podcast from dueling genere's. It really takes the sting out of having to wait for this book

Whoa! Will do! Thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated. :)

Panther10 02-17-2019 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1794799)
Whoa! Will do! Thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated. :)

I absolutely recommend this show to everyone. It is hands down the most consistently hilarious podcast I have ever listened to. Turtles are almost besides the point in this podcast. It's just funny to listen to on its own merits.

And of course while I was listening to the show the boys decided they wanted to pose for a family photo

https://i.imgur.com/5MRx3Go.jpg?1

Raptor86 03-20-2019 09:12 AM

Sooo...We all got scammed, guys.

Lordmylar06 03-20-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor86 (Post 1799775)
Sooo...We all got scammed, guys.

Yup.
I'm just waiting for someone to file a class action I can get in on.

Shedder 03-20-2019 09:49 AM

How do we know this? Has it come out somewhere I haven't seen or is this because no one has heard anything in a lifetime

cinzel 03-20-2019 10:24 AM

I would like to know something, anything.... But unfortunately it seems we can only speculate on what went wrong

Raptor86 03-20-2019 10:37 AM

https://scontent.fams2-2.fna.fbcdn.n...06&oe=5D1E7EB2
https://scontent.fams2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...ac&oe=5D2123F2

Powder 03-20-2019 05:45 PM

Honestly, you could tell this thing was a bum job from the jump. Just sorry for all the decent turtle fans getting burned.

EddieNES 03-20-2019 06:54 PM

But I wanted you all to see my beautiful face in the backer pages.

:tsad:

Panther10 03-20-2019 10:27 PM

Yeah this is bad. A lot of us gave him our credit card numbers, our street addresses, paypal info. God knows what else....I think I speak for everyone that this is no longer about the book. It's time we got our pound of flesh. Someone has to file a lawsuit, or have Jay formally charged on behalf of the State of FL. He cannot be allowed to get away with what he has done.

I Crave Pizza No More 03-21-2019 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther10 (Post 1799925)
Yeah this is bad. A lot of us gave him our credit card numbers, our street addresses, paypal info. God knows what else....I think I speak for everyone that this is no longer about the book. It's time we got our pound of flesh. Someone has to file a lawsuit, or have Jay formally charged on behalf of the State of FL. He cannot be allowed to get away with what he has done.

I won't go so far as to say that I need a pound of flesh, but it would be helpful to get some kind of official word from Jay himself, even if it's just admission of what went wrong and why. That would be something. Anyway, if someone does decide to file a class-action suit, I'll sign my name and provide whatever other information I can, but this isn't the hill I want to die on. It's really unfortunate, especially because it does seem like Jay had the intention of making and releasing the book, and more than anything because I've been looking forward to it for quite some time.

RaphaelinSTL 03-22-2019 08:59 AM

Yeah, this is ****ing annoying. Man, it's even worse considering this was the first Kickstarter I donated to. I texted him again yesterday and once again, no reply. Hasn't replied to me since August so who the **** knows if this number is even active anymore.

I don't know the full extent of rules for Kickstarter projects falling through and what legal action/refund can be done (I constantly hear that people can just take off with your money if a project falls through) but if anything comes up ... sign me up and let's make sure we let Jay know what's up.

Would rather just have the damn book, but alas.

Miles 03-24-2019 11:54 AM

I was initially excited about this book when it was announced, but after seeing the comments section on the creator's previous Kickstarter, I wisely decided to stay far, far away. I really feel for those of you who took that 'leap of faith', however.

The Deadman 03-24-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL (Post 1800190)
Yeah, this is ****ing annoying. Man, it's even worse considering this was the first Kickstarter I donated to. I texted him again yesterday and once again, no reply. Hasn't replied to me since August so who the **** knows if this number is even active anymore.

I don't know the full extent of rules for Kickstarter projects falling through and what legal action/refund can be done (I constantly hear that people can just take off with your money if a project falls through) but if anything comes up ... sign me up and let's make sure we let Jay know what's up.

Would rather just have the damn book, but alas.

Since it was fully funded, the only way to get a refund is through the people who set it up to begin with. Since he seems to be MIA, good luck with that.

RaphaelinSTL 03-24-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Deadman (Post 1800458)
Since it was fully funded, the only way to get a refund is through the people who set it up to begin with. Since he seems to be MIA, good luck with that.

Yeah, that's why I'm feeling like any outcome legally will be dead in the water, unfortunately.

Roseangelo 03-24-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther10 (Post 1799925)

Kickstarter and Amazon have your payment info, not Jay. Yeah, he probably has access to the shipping info, but that's a big meh. And if you are familiar with how Kickstarter works, the fact that he hasn't and probably won't deliver a product isn't grounds for a lawsuit.

The situation sucks, but there really isn't anything that can be done about it.

Andrew NDB 03-24-2019 11:54 PM

This really pisses me off. Between "Odyssey" and "Origin" I work really hard to make sure what is promised in the crowdfunds gets delivered, and this stuff gives a bad name to it.

And yes, "Origin" is a little behind schedule but I give updates and can always promise that everything that can be being done, is being done.

oldmanwinters 03-25-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1800564)
this stuff gives a bad name to it.

It does, indeed.

Speaking of which, anybody remember "Dawn of the Ninja," the would-be fan-film, turned incomplete fan-comic? :tlol:

oldmanwinters 05-14-2019 09:35 AM

For anyone interested, here's a fully-funded book with a TMNT chapter just about ready to go to print and now accepting pre-orders for non-backers:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...gistered_users