The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Worst Moment Within The Show (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=46812)

Papenbrook 03-27-2014 09:44 AM

Worst Moment Within The Show

I want you to name one of the worst moments within the series based on your own opinion. You must have an explanation that relates to why you chose that moment as the worst moment.

Good luck!

TurtleTitan97 03-27-2014 09:49 AM

Don't we already have enough of this negative threads concerning this show?

Kanon 03-27-2014 09:50 AM

My no. 1 worst moment is in season 2 episode 9,
when this "April-Clone"-Monster liked mikey.

Soooooo gross! :x

CowabungaMikey 03-27-2014 10:07 AM

Worst moment? The episode "The Kraang Conspiracy".

BabyTurtles 03-27-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowabungaMikey (Post 1236905)
Worst moment? The episode "The Kraang Conspiracy".

me too.....

but specifically when they said April was half mutant.

......(and when she gained psychic powers)

Shark_Blade 03-27-2014 11:18 AM

Mikey in Mutation Situation.

Just overall dumb to the lowest degree.

ObiWanFan4life 03-27-2014 12:40 PM

The Pulverizer's first appearance, that episode and the eponymous character piss me off. And I'm still not over the moment from the season 1 finale where Leo comes out of the water completely unharmed.

snake 03-27-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1237030)

This.

And Aprils "secret"

Candy Kappa 03-27-2014 02:36 PM

Karai revealed to be Miwa, lost potential of having on more female character.

Warhorse 03-27-2014 03:20 PM

That the Turtles don't know what pizza is or how to pronounce it (or that they lived on algae and worms for 15 years) But yet, they manage to have a TV, and Donnie has a lab, and Mikey, Raph and Leo have comic book collections, and they got video game arcades, and they even have a freaking tree growing in Splinter's room. Yeah, truly the most stupidest thing I have seen in this show.

BubblyShell22 03-27-2014 03:33 PM

^ This for me, too. Just makes no sense why they wouldn't know about pizza or live on other food either. But that's the only negative I really can think of.

Powder 03-27-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhorse (Post 1237426)
truly the most stupidest

Oh the irony. :tlol:

kolaida 03-27-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

That the Turtles don't know what pizza is or how to pronounce it (or that they lived on algae and worms for 15 years) But yet, they manage to have a TV, and Donnie has a lab, and Mikey, Raph and Leo have comic book collections, and they got video game arcades, and they even have a freaking tree growing in Splinter's room. Yeah, truly the most stupidest thing I have seen in this show.

^Yeah, agreed. It would have been nicer if they didn't have ANYTHING or it they at least knew how to PRONOUNCE it. Then they could have been like, "hey, that stuff we've been wanting to try out!" I always thought that part was a little weird and out of place. Fun, but definitely didn't flow well.

Metalwolf 03-27-2014 03:59 PM

I'd say 'Kraang Conspiracy.' I don't care for April being part Kraang. :ohwell:

Shark_Blade 03-27-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life (Post 1237158)
The Pulverizer's first appearance, that episode and the eponymous character piss me off. And I'm still not over the moment from the season 1 finale where Leo comes out of the water completely unharmed.

Anything with the Pulverizer is worst imo but I guess I removed him from my memory so much that I had completely forgotten about him. :P

BabyTurtles 03-27-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1237030)

yea this XD Can I have more than 1 worst moment?

shuriken 03-27-2014 07:05 PM

Butt Cannons

Technogeek29 03-27-2014 10:36 PM

Mutation situation still don't like that episode. Worst one in my opnion for several reasons.

Aaronardo 03-28-2014 03:21 PM

Really, Kraang Conspiracy? That was an awesome episode... :-?

Anyway, what I consider the worst moment would probably be all of Invasion of the Squirrelenoids. Yes, Mutation Situation was pretty bad, but Squirrelenoids was by far the worst thing to come out of the show. If they're handled later in the show, they better be handled much better.

Metalwolf 03-28-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Collector Guy (Post 1238384)
Really, Kraang Conspiracy? That was an awesome episode... :-?

I think it's because a lot of people didn't like the idea of April being not totally human, as it removes the 'everyperson' aspect of her and makes her come off as more Sueish. She was more fun when she was just a normal girl caught up in interesting circumstances, rather then a human/alien hybrid that has all of these hidden powers.

kolaida 03-28-2014 08:29 PM

I'm just curious why Mutation Situation is mentioned so much. I mean, I get there are things in there that people don't like and it's not my favorite episode but I wouldn't label the entire episode as worst moment. I actually just rewatched it again since it was mentioned so much.

Jeff 03-28-2014 09:16 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/991a2ce43...nvplo1_500.gif

Powder 03-28-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 1238658)

How come? It's a pretty silly & innocent thing, no?

CyberCubed 03-28-2014 10:06 PM

Didn't like that one scene where Mikey's teeth fell out in classic Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry style when they were in the Asian restaurant.

As said, that was way too cartoony for me.

MCLeo28 03-29-2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolaida (Post 1238631)
I'm just curious why Mutation Situation is mentioned so much. I mean, I get there are things in there that people don't like and it's not my favorite episode but I wouldn't label the entire episode as worst moment. I actually just rewatched it again since it was mentioned so much.

Yeah, I personally liked it and was anxious to see the new mutants coming out in Season 2 resulting from the mutagen, but hey, haters gonna hate.

Sighphi 03-29-2014 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1238681)
How come? It's a pretty silly & innocent thing, no?

Mike starting eating it.... that was extremely weird.
Like...kill it before you eat it, man. You have some higher brain function.
I think Mike has some serious mental problem, i dont think he is just some fun loving dude.

Aaronardo 03-29-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Don't act like that wasn't one of the best moments in the show :P

snake 03-29-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

C'mon, she was awesome!

kelligrafie 03-29-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalwolf (Post 1238628)
I think it's because a lot of people didn't like the idea of April being not totally human, as it removes the 'everyperson' aspect of her and makes her come off as more Sueish. She was more fun when she was just a normal girl caught up in interesting circumstances, rather then a human/alien hybrid that has all of these hidden powers.

I don't think it's just her gifting in general.

It's the speed at which they've handled it more than anything. It was thrown at us all of a sudden. She was quite normal for a long time, her 'heritage' hinted at, but never properly addressed, then three or four episodes in a row she's suddenly got these psychic powers where she can detect eavesdroppers and enemy spies and whatnot. It seemed very clumsy to me.

drgon78 03-29-2014 10:20 AM

They have been giving hints of April's psychic abilities and other non-human traits since season one.

I am not sure were to begin about the worst moments of the show though most of them have involved Mikey(Shell Acne, Ice Cream Kitty, naming every mutant, etc.).

Karai Samurai 03-30-2014 06:46 PM

Cockroach Terminator. Super gross and the episode was just filler.
This season, though, worst moment was the introduction of April Derp in Kraang Conspiracy. WHY?

Warhorse 03-30-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karai Samurai (Post 1240162)
Cockroach Terminator. Super gross and the episode was just filler.
This season, though, worst moment was the introduction of April Derp in Kraang Conspiracy. WHY?

Eh, I thought Cockroach Terminator was hilarious, and so on point. The tough guy having a ridiculous phobia on something so small.

kolaida 03-30-2014 08:01 PM

I could relate a little too well to The Cockroach Terminator and had trouble watching it but I did think it was funny. One of the many reasons, I loved Humungous Fungus so much, I was actually busting up laughing at something I usually cringe at and have panic attacks over. I really do not like cockroaches, lol!

Warhorse 03-30-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolaida (Post 1240214)
I could relate a little too well to The Cockroach Terminator and had trouble watching it but I did think it was funny. One of the many reasons, I loved Humungous Fungus so much, I was actually busting up laughing at something I usually cringe at and have panic attacks over. I really do not like cockroaches, lol!

I have a fear of Palmetto bugs, they are the worse, because they will crawl up a wall, then dive bomb your ass. No joke. I know they can't hurt you, I just don't like this giant flying cockroach coming after me. The way Raph acts with the little roaches is exactly how I act, it's probably why the episode was hilarious for me, it came close to home.

And this is typical of most Floridians. We want to kill the suckers, but we're too afraid to get near it!

Now, the Humungous Fungus episode, it is funny, especially when Leo is seeing the fantasia part. If someone don't laugh at that, then I don't know what to say. You got no sense of humor. But, it did it's job as a good one shot episode, and I don't feel they need to make another one.

shuriken 03-31-2014 12:13 AM

^^ Palmetto bugs are the worst:o

April Derp was hilarious. But I think April's super powers are whack and so was Shellacne. Turtle Temper was ok IMO.

electric_sheep 03-31-2014 02:35 AM

Quote:

What the **** is that thing?

Karai Samurai 03-31-2014 08:25 AM

I CANT EVEN right now. This is why I can't live in Florida.

Back on topic, though. I'm kind of shocked you guys found Cockroach Terminator funny. I haven't watched it in a while, but it seemed weirdly paced and unnecessary. Great storytelling is in its subtleties. There's was no need to build a plot and bring in a mutant for Raph's little fear. If that was the case, we would have filler episodes about how spazzy Donnie is or how Irma doesn't like gluten. Maybe the mutant for Irma's episode would be a piece of gluten bread that infects gluten-free products. And then maybe she can meet the turtles while being saved from the acne and stomach pains she gets from eating those evil products...

Shark_Blade 03-31-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhorse (Post 1240277)

:lol:

http://i.imgur.com/qQeWeJI.gif

TurFlytle 03-31-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electric_sheep (Post 1240374)
What the **** is that thing?

You obviously missed the episode "Of Rats and Men"

Sewer Sirens Podcast 04-03-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Agreed. And then when Donny says "That's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."
"Isn't that the only girl you've ever seen?"
Except they have a TV down in their lair.