The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Live Action Lion King in the Works (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56545)

Vicky82 09-28-2016 09:07 AM

Live Action Lion King in the Works

Quote:

Hakuna matata, the new 'Lion King' is coming

Can you feel the excitement today? Disney officially announced Wednesday that a live-action version of the animated classic The Lion King is in the works, directed by The Jungle Book’s Jon Favreau.

The beloved 1994 children’s movie starring Simba, Mufasa, and various animal kingdom friends (and enemies) is one of Disney’s most long-lasting and lucrative hits, raking in nearly $969 million over its lifetime, according to Disney’s announcement. (When you add in its wildly successful stage adaptations, The Lion King has grossed more globally than any other film, Broadway show, or entertainment title “in box office history,” the company contends.) This new take on the musical cartoon follows in the footsteps of other entries in Disney’s animated library that have been transformed into live-action masterpieces: the upcoming Beauty and the Beast starring Emma Watson, last year’s Jungle Book, and previously, the fairy tales of Cinderella and Maleficent, and Pete’s Dragon.

Favreau, who is uniquely prepared for this franchise given his experience with the animal-centric Jungle Book remake, has been behind blockbusters like Iron Man and the ever-popular holiday movie Elf, too. No release date or further details on casting have yet been announced.
http://time.com/4511368/disney-lion-...alflow_twitter

I'm actually looking forward to this, The Lion King is my favorite Disney Movie .

Now Disney can we have a live action Gargoyles Movie please.

TurtleTitan97 09-28-2016 09:51 AM

This has to be, without hyperbole, the dumbest idea for a remake by far.

Lion King doesn't even have humans, WHY WOULD YOU MAKE IT LIVE ACTION, DISNEY?!?!? :mad:

This better turn out well like The Jungle Book, cause I'm mad as heck right now.

TigerClaw 09-28-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1628033)
http://time.com/4511368/disney-lion-...alflow_twitter

I'm actually looking forward to this, The Lion King is my favorite Disney Movie .

Now Disney can we have a live action Gargoyles Movie please.

Live Action? The movie will be mostly CGI because there are no humans in the Lion King, The Jungle Book had Live Action cause it had an actual person surrounded by CGI animals, It'll be interesting to see how they will do this, cause the Lions would have to look photo real like the animals in the Jungle Book.

Andrew NDB 09-28-2016 10:18 AM

I want live-action "Treasure Planet."

ToTheNines 09-28-2016 10:24 AM

Live action Brave Little Toaster.

Jephael 09-28-2016 10:34 AM

Live Action Who Framed Roger Rabbit- wait a sec...

Utrommaniac 09-28-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1628044)
I want live-action "Treasure Planet."

God, f***ing PREACH.
I'd be happy with the TV show that got canned. I would have loved to explore that universe a bit more. Though, it would take away the awesomeness of Silver being half 2D animated and half 3D animated - a feat that as far as I know, hasn't been achieved since. And an awesome feat at that.

I'm all for a live action Gargoyles as well. That was my TMNT as a kid...in the early 2000s? So was Treasure Planet.

A live action Lion King doesn't really make sense. Unless they're doing it like Dinosaur was done. Live action environments with CG characters.

Autbot_Benz 09-28-2016 10:51 AM

The only good thing that can come from this is maybe Disney will get there heads out of their asses and re release the original Lion King on Blu Ray and DVD again for those who missed out on earlier releases.

Commenter 42 09-28-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1628045)
Live action Brave Little Toaster.

You're GD right you do.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-28-2016 11:07 AM

Well, if it's by Jon Favreau who absolutely NAILED live action Jungle Book this year...

Still skeptical, but not outright hostile.

plastroncafe 09-28-2016 11:51 AM

Jungle Book was much better than I expected it to be, though rewording the song to add gigantopithicus was a bit...much. I honestly think the King Louie song was the weakest point of the movie.

Spike Spiegel 09-28-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1628057)
The only good thing that can come from this is maybe Disney will get there heads out of their asses and re release the original Lion King on Blu Ray and DVD again for those who missed out on earlier releases.

QFT

Does the Vault still exist with that "Disney Movies Anywhere" app?

TheSkeletonMan939 09-28-2016 12:45 PM

How far will they go?
Will we see Winnie the Pooh... in LIVE-ACTION!
How about Lilo & Stitch... in LIVE-ACTION!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-28-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 (Post 1628085)
How far will they go?
Will we see Winnie the Pooh... in LIVE-ACTION!
How about Lilo & Stitch... in LIVE-ACTION!

We already ARE getting a live-action Winnie-the-Pooh with a grown-up Christopher Robin.

As for Lilo and Stitch... could be fun. <shrug>

plastroncafe 09-28-2016 12:51 PM

It would depend on who was doing the character design for Stitch.
My vote is del Toro!

Utrommaniac 09-28-2016 12:51 PM

You know what? Yes to Live-Action Lilo and Stitch as well.

Especially with Moana coming out.

I've said before that Treasure Planet and Lilo and Stitch are my Disney Double Features. I would enjoy live actions big time.

No need to worry about live action 101 Dalmations, unless you want to count the Cruella de Ville backstory. I'm not sure how you can justify "I only wished to make a coat out of puppies".

drgon78 09-28-2016 01:27 PM

A "live action" Lion King sounds like a horrible idea.

TheSkeletonMan939 09-28-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1628086)
We already ARE getting a live-action Winnie-the-Pooh with a grown-up Christopher Robin

http://lordheath.com/web_images/jame...g_business.jpg

plastroncafe 09-28-2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1628090)
You know what? Yes to Live-Action Lilo and Stitch as well.

Especially with Moana coming out.

I've said before that Treasure Planet and Lilo and Stitch are my Disney Double Features. I would enjoy live actions big time.

No need to worry about live action 101 Dalmations, unless you want to count the Cruella de Ville backstory. I'm not sure how you can justify "I only wished to make a coat out of puppies".

She's one of my favorite villains because of that.
Everyone else wanted power or revenge...she's just the twisto who wanted to wear a dog coat.

MsMarvelDuckie 09-28-2016 02:26 PM

Disey already DID a live action 101 Dalmations. Glenn Close played Cruella. It was technically their first animated-to-live translation remake.