The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lionsgate Announces a 'Season 3: Complete Set' (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=42467)

TheCanadiandrome 04-29-2013 02:58 PM

Lionsgate Announces a 'Season 3: Complete Set'

Previously available only as four separate single-disc titles, this July you can finally buy all 47 episodes together as a season set!

seriously, would there be anyone remotely interested? :ohwell:

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tee...#ixzz2Rt86Temp

Storm Eagle 04-29-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1090503)
Seriously, would there be anyone remotely interested? :ohwell:

I'm only interested in what the cover art might look like, and that's it.

fugitoid2.0 04-29-2013 03:14 PM

I might be. The complete series sets seem to be OOP, while you can still find season sets in stores. They're probably trying to streamline that release to entice the casual buyer.

CyberCubed 04-29-2013 03:22 PM

One interesting thing to note about this is Lionsgate is still interested in releasing Turtle DVDs though.

I wonder if eventually we'll see another re-release of a complete series set in proper order this time.

oldmanwinters 04-29-2013 03:27 PM

Good ol' Lionsgate gotta keep milking that Turtle license! :lol:

CyberCubed 04-29-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1090533)
Good ol' Lionsgate gotta keep milking that Turtle license! :lol:

I wonder if its because Nick wants to buy the rights to the original toon and Lionsgate doesn't want to give it up.

TheCanadiandrome 04-29-2013 03:29 PM

i dunno i might get this, for sh*ts and giggles. hell i've got everthing else

Storm Eagle 04-29-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugitoid2.0 (Post 1090516)
I might be. The complete series sets seem to be OOP, while you can still find season sets in stores. They're probably trying to streamline that release to entice the casual buyer.

The complete series set actually is out of print.
Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1090526)
One interesting thing to note about this is Lionsgate is still interested in releasing Turtle DVDs though.

I wonder if eventually we'll see another re-release of a complete series set in proper order this time.

I hope so too, for the sake of those who might have missed out. I doubt it'll have the episodes in proper order though. I'd also like it in better packaging.

Also, the downside to this being released is that other individual season sets are now out of print.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1090538)
I dunno. I might get this, for sh*ts and giggles. Hell I've got everthing else.

I'd get it if I hadn't already sold all of my individual sets. I've got the complete series set now.

CyberCubed 04-29-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 1090556)
The complete series set actually is out of print.

I hope so too, for the sake of those who might have missed out. I doubt it'll have the episodes in proper order though. Also, the downside to this being released is that other individual season sets are now out of print.

I'm sure they're going to re-release the Turtle Van boxset at some point too, it sold out pretty well enough.

Powder 04-29-2013 06:07 PM

I will most likely get this, even if only to conserve space by getting rid of the old ones.

CyberCubed 04-29-2013 06:10 PM

Just curious, will this still have the first episode of Season 4 on the last disc like the old Season 3 one had?

gobo 04-29-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1090650)
Just curious, will this still have the first episode of Season 4 on the last disc like the old Season 3 one had?

Dumb question is dumb, sir.

Shark_Blade 04-29-2013 06:57 PM

I have the Party Wagon set, does it include all the 47 episodes?

TheCanadiandrome 04-29-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1090687)
I have the Party Wagon set, does it include all the 47 episodes?

pretty sure it does yes. that's why it was called "The complete Collection"

pannoni1 04-30-2013 08:39 AM

Not a bad time to milk the older fans in the midst of the Nickelodeon series looking for the classics, and this should sell well given that Season 3 seems to define what people expect out of the OT the most. With plenty of episodes for a long trip, along with clearing out some shelf space, its just more good promotion to the Turtles in general. In a way its like the Season 7 complete set that sold decently, yet was released only a few months after the last of the "slices". Now, I would have preferred a complete 4kids Season 3 set first (at least I have the region 4 sets).

GodzFire 04-30-2013 06:38 PM

Go away Lionsgate we don't want anymore of your mediocre releases.

DVD 04-30-2013 06:51 PM

The van set has all of S3 spread over 4 discs (D3-D6) exactly the same content as the slices. It covers the 48 episodes of that season, and I am sure that these, like every other disc in this set are just the original Lionsgate releases encoded onto new artworked discs (well, adding disc 1 thru disc 23 !)

The new release of S3 is strange, particularly after releasing the complete set. And, if that sold out so quickly, I would have thought that a reissue, or a second printing if you like, would have been the way to go.

Anyway, it looks like some people here will be getting it.

I would still like to see a release of the 2K3 series, which I would buy, even if I do have em all tucked away nicely on a computer or two already.

CyberCubed 04-30-2013 09:06 PM

This Season 3 set should have come out back in 2006.

tone-master21 05-01-2013 03:20 PM

Box art for the complete season 3
http://tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/new...S3Complete.jpg

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage...Season-3/18393

rufus 05-01-2013 03:40 PM

Artwork looks pretty cool. Looks like one of the VHS covers was the basis.