The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ask a Question: IDW's TMNT Editor Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54235)

Bobby Curnow 08-05-2019 09:57 AM

I would put her in her early 20's. 23, 24? Loose guess, might as well keep it flexible if an exact age is needed for story later on.

daggio 08-09-2019 01:57 PM

I hate to be this guy to ask this....when Zodi appeared with Null and Krisa a few issues ago when the Mutanimals invaded the Null Group building, my first thought was "wait a minute, didn't she get taken into EPF custody in that Universe short?" Now I understand this is probably not the biggest plot point in TMNT right now and I understand that you can't/won't reveal spoilers, but is there gonna a little backstory to that or can we reasonably assume that she easily escaped EPF custody off panel and made her way back to Null?

Sharman 08-13-2019 10:13 AM

I know that Bobby Curnow is not involved with the IDW reprints, but I thought I'd ask anyway:
why are IDW obsessed with colouring everything? Aside from the "Ultimate Collections" all the Mirage reprints ('non-canon' stories, 'Tales ...' etc.) have all been coloured. Even the Mirage volume 2 has been re-coloured - despite being published in colour the first time around. (The last might have fallen to the same fate as the Mirage volume of Usagi Yojimbo where the film containing the colour separations were lost - though that's just a guess).
Oh, to have B&W reprints of the entire Mirage lot!

Bobby Curnow 08-13-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggio (Post 1815598)
I hate to be this guy to ask this....when Zodi appeared with Null and Krisa a few issues ago when the Mutanimals invaded the Null Group building, my first thought was "wait a minute, didn't she get taken into EPF custody in that Universe short?" Now I understand this is probably not the biggest plot point in TMNT right now and I understand that you can't/won't reveal spoilers, but is there gonna a little backstory to that or can we reasonably assume that she easily escaped EPF custody off panel and made her way back to Null?

No problem-- I think this was asked a few pages back. The truthful answer is that it's not something I remembered or thought important enough to reference (can't remember which). For story's sake, let's say that the remaining guard in that scene was just like "forget this!" and ran away, leaving Zodi to eventually wake up and leave herself.

Bobby Curnow 08-13-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharman (Post 1815793)
I know that Bobby Curnow is not involved with the IDW reprints, but I thought I'd ask anyway:
why are IDW obsessed with colouring everything? Aside from the "Ultimate Collections" all the Mirage reprints ('non-canon' stories, 'Tales ...' etc.) have all been coloured. Even the Mirage volume 2 has been re-coloured - despite being published in colour the first time around. (The last might have fallen to the same fate as the Mirage volume of Usagi Yojimbo where the film containing the colour separations were lost - though that's just a guess).
Oh, to have B&W reprints of the entire Mirage lot!

Something to make it different, I suppose. But I don't know, your guess is as good as mine.

daggio 08-13-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1815794)
No problem-- I think this was asked a few pages back. The truthful answer is that it's not something I remembered or thought important enough to reference (can't remember which). For story's sake, let's say that the remaining guard in that scene was just like "forget this!" and ran away, leaving Zodi to eventually wake up and leave herself.

Sounds good to me :tthumbsu:

ChosenOne 08-13-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1815794)
For story's sake, let's say that the remaining guard in that scene was just like "forget this!" and ran away, leaving Zodi to eventually wake up and leave herself.

Exact wording of sentence uttered by guard left alone with a giant mutated scorpion may vary. :D :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-13-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1815801)
Exact wording of sentence uttered by guard left alone with a giant mutated scorpion may vary. :D :lol:

Pretty sure I would have said something similar, but with a different "f" word. :trazz:

martinitolove 08-15-2019 12:36 PM

Hi Bobby,

will the Viacom-SBC merger have any impact on the TMNT license / IDW comic series?

Bobby Curnow 08-15-2019 12:40 PM

Zero clue, this is the first i'm hearing of it! But I doubt it?

Maelxich 08-21-2019 06:27 PM

I was just wondering with how many Christmas issues we had, how old are the turtles by this point. I know its a minor thing but I was just thinking about it.

Bobby Curnow 08-22-2019 10:57 AM

This is not official-- i'd like to keep that murky and flexible for if we ever need to address at some point.

But in my mind I see it as Leo at 19, Don at 18, Raph 17, Mike 16. Give or take.

Maelxich 08-22-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1816624)
This is not official-- i'd like to keep that murky and flexible for if we ever need to address at some point.

But in my mind I see it as Leo at 19, Don at 18, Raph 17, Mike 16. Give or take.

thanks for the answer even its not official! I would love for it to be eventually be addressed in some form, you can only have so many holiday issues before their ages get a little murky if that makes sense. I hope everyone at IDW keeps up the great work, looking forward to issue 100.

neatoman 08-28-2019 03:12 PM

With the revelation that Shredder had always been an Avatar of the Dragon, probably going back to incarnations before Takeshi, I have to wonder if he's always been human? Because we already know you don't always come back as a human.

So if the Dragon's Avatar ended up being a snail or something, could he still break free?

Bobby Curnow 08-28-2019 05:05 PM

I'm always wary of giving "official" answers to this sort of thing-- I think the material should allow for the reader to draw their own conclusions and there's something special about the individual interpretation. So here's my "unofficial" response...

I think so, yes. Without the issue in front of me, I think that Kitsune has always been aware of where the Dragon's soul was (how she can do that... I dunno! mystical powers!) and has been guiding to the ideal final vessel (meant to be Saki). So yeah, I wouldn't assume the dragon ever reincarnated as a snail, but it's possible it was a step on the long path to present.

phillytmnt 08-28-2019 05:20 PM

Bobby,

I have a question in regards to reincarnation and Saki. In your opinion, did Saki have Tatsuo's martial arts skills and some of his memories pass on too him? I know that the TMNT had memories of their training from their pass lives. I was curious if Saki remembered his previous incarnation's training as well?

Also, will we learn in detail in what ways Kitsune phyically and spirtually changed Saki during the process of making him the dragon warrior? I'm guessing immortality but did his overall physical abilities increase as well from the ooze?

By the way I loved both TMNT # 97 and Shredder in Hell #4! The IDW team is really adding a lot of great things to the overall TMNT universe and the current stories are making me count down the days to the next issues. Can't come soon enough!

AlessandraDC 08-28-2019 06:21 PM

What happened to the agreement that Leo and Karai had struck while in Northampton? Was it off as soon as Splinter and Karai disagreed on the kids?

CyberCubed 08-28-2019 08:12 PM

Are both issue 99 and 100 double length at 44 pages, or just issue 100? I forgot if it was both or not.

Bobby Curnow 08-29-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillytmnt (Post 1817463)
Bobby,

I have a question in regards to reincarnation and Saki. In your opinion, did Saki have Tatsuo's martial arts skills and some of his memories pass on too him? I know that the TMNT had memories of their training from their pass lives. I was curious if Saki remembered his previous incarnation's training as well?

Also, will we learn in detail in what ways Kitsune phyically and spirtually changed Saki during the process of making him the dragon warrior? I'm guessing immortality but did his overall physical abilities increase as well from the ooze?

By the way I loved both TMNT # 97 and Shredder in Hell #4! The IDW team is really adding a lot of great things to the overall TMNT universe and the current stories are making me count down the days to the next issues. Can't come soon enough!

Not a very satisfying answer, but... maybe? I don't know, it's not something I've personally put any thought into.

Bobby Curnow 08-29-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlessandraDC (Post 1817472)
What happened to the agreement that Leo and Karai had struck while in Northampton? Was it off as soon as Splinter and Karai disagreed on the kids?

That agreement is what got everyone to meet peacefully. Things went to hell when Splinter refused the gauntlet challenge... the same challenge that Splinter presented Shredder with and he accepted. That was a huge betrayal and breach of tradition... not things you want to do with Karai.

I've seen various comments not understanding Karai's turn there, but I think we've done a pretty good job of establishing how important tradition in regards to the Foot is to her. It makes sense to me at least!