The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Northampton Arc vs Space Arc (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57445)

FredWolfLeonardo 02-26-2017 12:40 AM

Northampton Arc vs Space Arc

Title says all. Which one do you prefer from this show?

Autbot_Benz 02-26-2017 01:12 AM

Space Arc. Northampton Arc was like watching Paint Dry

ssjup81 02-26-2017 01:42 AM

I liked stuff about both. I liked the creepiness of the North Hampton arc (Dream Beavers ep I will forever love), but I enjoyed the exploration of the Space arc...

Man, we need a third option...neutral. I think I like both about the same.

CyberCubed 02-26-2017 01:58 AM

Space arc was much better overall obviously. I did still like a number of the Northampton eps aside from the Bigfoot one.

MrTMNT2012 02-26-2017 02:28 AM

Northampton had one decent episode.

Space arc had none.

So.

Yeah.

The Turtle Terminator 02-26-2017 02:58 AM

Northampton bored me, Space Arc was decent (also I am an nutter for space battles and astronomy/astrophysics) so I voted Space Arc

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 02-26-2017 03:39 AM

Outer space

Outer space

GoldMutant 02-26-2017 07:11 AM

I honestly don't like either. Both are excessive in length and get mundane after a while personally. However, the concepts were there, just the execution wasn't up to snub.

In terms of "fun" as well as episodes, I much prefer Northampton. I'm more of a horror guy than I am a sci-fi fan. The guest voices were solid as well, especially getting Robert Englund for In Dreams. At the same time, I also didn't like Northampton due to its story placement. With the exception of Vision Quest, none fully impacted the overarching narrative, even if Within the Woods and A Foot Too Big contributed to future episodes such as Creepweed for the former and the Donatello and April "relationship." I think it could've been condensed or better set up though, just a bit excessive with all the horror tributes almost being back to back.

As for the space arc... man, it got boring. Amazing animation, introductions to old school favorites like Dregg, Armaggon, and even Wyrm, and has the occasional funny moment. Otherwise, I don't like most of the episodes; they weren't as noteworthy as some of the later entries in season 4. It could've been so much more, just feels like it was missing something entirely.

ObiWanFan4life 02-26-2017 07:40 AM

Although both story arcs dragged and overstayed their welcome, I say that the Northampton arc is "better" if only for the weird Horror themed episodes and the fact that it dragged less.

The Space arc brought us some unique looking worlds and started with some sense of uregency, but devoting almost half of Season 4 to the arc led to it loose steam quickly.

ObiWanFan4life 02-26-2017 07:44 AM

Moreover, Northampton only makes up 1/3rd of Season 3, whereas the first half of Season 4 is devoted to the Space Arc.

ToTheNines 02-26-2017 10:05 AM

I liked several Northampton episodes, but they totally bungled it as an arc. I know it's not fair to compare this show to Mirage, but their exile isn't supposed to be about 80's horror homages. And the biggest whiff was the campfire scene. I get teared up during that scene in 1990 movie every time. The Nick take basically just has Splinter giving them a halfhearted pep talk.

The space arc went on too long, but I LOVED Tennant as Fugitoid. They also ditched the boring ass Federation and some of the alien planets were truly beautiful.

So I'd say Northampton had 3 good episodes out if 8, and the Space arc had 8 good episodes out of 14.

CyberCubed 02-26-2017 11:22 AM

All the space eps were good except for the one they delved into Mikey's mind which was just meh.

Utrommaniac 02-26-2017 11:39 AM

Space arch. It gave them something other to do than hide. Sometimes in Northhampton, it just seemed like they had gone on vacation, after Leonardo recovered from his injuries. The Bigfoot story was cringey, and the horror elements didn't really do it for me - considering that I can't even stand to watch horror films as a whole.

Granted, its sense of time travel was half-baked, especially while they had THE DOCTOR with them. Someone who should have lifted a finger and said "Um...no."

Obviously, the biggest thing for me was that it finally established that Utroms were a thing and "the Kraang" were just a mind-controlled majority group. And gave us two females in one episode - some thing I don't think any TMNT story has done.

CyberCubed 02-26-2017 11:43 AM

Hm, also forgot how Seth Green's Leo sounded a bit off in the Northampton episodes, which is understandable as it was the first time he was voicing the character.

Really shows how much Seth improved.

ToTheNines 02-26-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1663090)
All the space eps were good except for the one they delved into Mikey's mind which was just meh.

Beyond the Known Universe, Wyrm, Riddle of the Aeons, Revenge of the Triceratons and Evil of Dregg are all complete ass.

CyberCubed 02-26-2017 11:49 AM

Wyrm was alright, just a fun silly episode.

Riddle of the Aeons dealing with those bat aliens, I don't remember that one being too bad. I don't even remember what Revenge of the Triceratons was.

neatoman 02-26-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1663098)
Hm, also forgot how Seth Green's Leo sounded a bit off in the Northampton episodes, which is understandable as it was the first time he was voicing the character.

Really shows how much Seth improved.

Well technically speaking, didn't he voice Leo in Robot Chicken parodies?

ssjup81 02-26-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1663090)

In your opinion. I felt the ep revealed quite a bit about Mikey that was interesting to me. The biggest part of his personality was rage/anger, but unlike Raph, he has really good control over it because he hates how it makes him feel. Due to his concentrating on controlling that, he doesn't have as much control over the other parts.

Aaronardo 02-26-2017 06:03 PM

Northampton was super boring with one, maybe two good episodes.

The Space Arc was consistently hilariously bad and almost makes me laugh how much it makes me cringe now that it's over.

The Space Arc has my vote simply for that entertainment value.

picassotheninjaturtle 02-26-2017 07:13 PM

Northampton was boring, wasted, and only had one episode relevant to the plot. It reverted to the"monster of the week" episodes again. Trash. The Space Arc was better, I've always been a sucker for sci-fi adventures, but also had poorly used episodes and cheesy, predictable outcomes.