The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bill and Ted: Face The Music (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59929)

Autbot_Benz 05-04-2020 03:14 PM

Ed Solomon
@ed_solomon
·
1m
I know I've been pretty quiet on the Bill & Ted front, but I'm happy to report a bit of good news:

I'm told we'll have a teaser in just a few weeks. AND...

I've been given permission to announce a super fun way for fans to be a *part* of Face the Music.

Details tomorrow!

Hamato Yoshi 05-05-2020 01:37 AM

"Unreal"

Not really , Hwood has been out of ideas for yrs so it makes sense to revive previously successes

Leo656 05-18-2020 06:13 PM

Most likely not getting a theatrical release, because of course not.

https://screenrant.com/bill-ted-3-mo...s-possibility/

I guess we should be grateful that it's coming out at all, it's just... man. After everything it took to get this far, to have such an anticlimactic finish.

Still looking forward to it, but was really, really looking forward to going to see it in theaters. Although I pretty much knew back in March that this was gonna be the case. I'll be shocked if theaters open again at all in 2020 no matter what anyone is humming about.

Andrew NDB 05-18-2020 06:14 PM

Putting it out on demand makes a lot of sense. It probably would have done OK at the box office... but Bill & Ted 3 was never going to break any records or anything and we all knew that.

Leo656 05-18-2020 06:25 PM

Regardless, it's a bit ironic and unsatisfactory that the entire premise of Bill & Ted is about unity, community, and bringing people together... and it's Magnum Opus/Grand Finale is doomed to be experienced by people who are isolated and sheltering in place.

I mean, yeah, there's a bunch of metaphorical stuff one could pull, and the whole idea of "We need this now more than ever", and whatnot... but still. I care very little for box office records even though I follow the information. It never means a movie was good or bad and it wouldn't have mattered for this one, either. What we would have gotten regardless is a bunch of super-excited fans who've been waiting far too long for this experience, high-fiving and playing air guitar in the theater lobby while reminiscing fondly about how the original films changed their lives for the better.

That experience and shared feeling of camaraderie was taken from us, and that's the shame. Nobody who'd actually see this movie ever expected it to make a fortune, that was never the point of the exercise. It's just not going to feel the same, no matter how good the movie is.

I do sincerely hope that it's really good. Still very much looking forward to it. It's just not going to feel the same.

Andrew NDB 05-18-2020 10:53 PM

I suspect even these movies that see VOD-type of releases will still see some kind of limited theatrical releases when theaters open back up. They kind of have to. Because what else are they going to release for like a year? Nothing is being made right now.

Autbot_Benz 05-19-2020 02:49 PM

Alex Winter
@Winter
·
12m
Hey, thanks for asking. Everything is great in BT3 land. The cut is almost done and looks fantastic. Teasers and trailers are ready to go. Like every movie slated for this summer we had to stop and reorganize due to Covid. Teaser coming in a few weeks, news on release soon!

Leo656 05-19-2020 02:56 PM

Ultimately, I'm just glad it's real and it's finally (almost) here.

This is one of those things I gave up on a long time ago. I mean, it pretty much had everything working against it. The originals didn't make a ton of money and they're both more or less the epitome of "cult classics". Someone must have been in an extremely generous mood to even greenlight this project, let alone with all the original creatives involved.

I'm sad it won't get a theatrical release but anything is better than nothing. Just wish it'd get here already.

Autbot_Benz 06-09-2020 01:02 AM

Official Movie Poster

https://i.imgur.com/TSrEU1J.jpg

Andrew NDB 06-09-2020 01:53 AM

That poster got a little squished horizontally there somehow. But it's a good poster.

Sounds like more to come all day. Including the trailer. It kind of has to, if the poster they just released cements Summer and here we are in the middle of June.

ZariusTwo 06-09-2020 07:05 AM

newfan 06-09-2020 07:15 AM

Still has the same feel to it, from what I remember, been years since I've seen the other two movies. They pull off around 30 years later quite well too.

Autbot_Benz 06-09-2020 10:04 AM

Can't wait for an actual Trailer. teaser was good

Andrew NDB 06-09-2020 03:11 PM

I wasn't expecting that they'd still be talking like their 16 year-old selves. That's odd. Or maybe they kind of snap back into that after reuniting and all.

drgon78 06-09-2020 04:50 PM

Looks good to me.

Coola Yagami 06-09-2020 06:56 PM

Looks good to me, though Bill looks like he hasn't changed a day, and Ted looks and sounds older. It's funny but like Bill looks more young at heart while Ted looks like 'why hello fellow kids'.

MsMarvelDuckie 06-10-2020 07:05 AM

Hmmm, I dunno. The teaser just felt kind of "meh to me. They both really look their age, like aging has-been rockers who just can't seem to realize that they have gotten old and are no longer "cool". Kind of like G&R or some other 80's bands that haven't aged well. I might see it, but so far, doesn't look like anything special.

Andrew NDB 06-10-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1847901)
Can't wait for an actual Trailer. teaser was good

You sure there will even be one? The movie comes out in like a month.

Autbot_Benz 06-10-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1848041)
You sure there will even be one? The movie comes out in like a month.

ya Movie's release date isn't until August 21st unless its changed. If we don't no worries less stuff to be spoiled.

Leo656 06-10-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1847993)
Hmmm, I dunno. The teaser just felt kind of "meh to me. They both really look their age, like aging has-been rockers who just can't seem to realize that they have gotten old and are no longer "cool". Kind of like G&R or some other 80's bands that haven't aged well. I might see it, but so far, doesn't look like anything special.

You've completely missed the entire point of the exercise, apparently...