The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Official Episode Discussion: S2 #7 "Slash and Destroy" (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=45468)

Machias Banshee 11-29-2013 09:53 PM

Official Episode Discussion: S2 #7 "Slash and Destroy"

Greetings, everyone!

Hopefully you've gotten over your turkey comas and now you're rested and ready to watch this week's episode. :)

We've seen previous episodes of Raphael being at odds with his brothers giving him a hard time. 'Turtle Temper' being an especially good example... he turned to the one who would understand him best. Well, at least is the best listener of the group.

We've seen Raphael chilling out with Spike countless times in the show - it seems to be what keeps Raphael on a relatively even keel. Whenever Raph's needed to get something off his chest, if his brothers are driving him crazy, or if being stuck underground is giving him cabin fever... Spike's always been there.

Well one may have considered that more of a one-sided relationship there. But now we're going to see that wasn't exactly true. And the addition of mutagen into the friendship is going to take things one step forward - could be good, could be very bad.

So, Spike is now able to communicate and convey his own thoughts about Raphael and his brothers. And if there's nothing to hold him back... who knows how critical he could get of the others' treatment of Raphael. Best buds gotta stick together, you know!

Will the addition of another mutant turtle throw the show into an imbalance?
Could Raphael ever choose between his brothers and his best-pet-friend?
And how could Spike react if he suffers a rejection?

Stay Tuned!

Machias Banshee 11-30-2013 08:16 AM

Opening this up early today. :) Have fun!

ObiWanFan4life 11-30-2013 09:03 AM

Lol, Raph sounds like he's imitating Hayden Christensen at the beginning of the episode. He even goes like "The Others are holding me back".

NinjaMan 11-30-2013 09:09 AM

Man Slash is scary.

NinjaMan 11-30-2013 09:16 AM

Mikey got wrecked! Maskless Donnie! Slash did Leo's voice! Wow!

ObiWanFan4life 11-30-2013 09:18 AM

Woah, this episode got brutal all of a sudden. :teek:

MiBs 11-30-2013 09:21 AM

this. is. awesome! :teek:

DarkLightDragon 11-30-2013 09:22 AM

Aw, poor Leo. This definitely isn't his night.

Oh man, Raph VS Slash is going to be awesome.

And yeah, Slash is being much more brutal than I anticipated. Don't really understand why he takes off their masks though.

ObiWanFan4life 11-30-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon (Post 1184001)
Aw, poor Leo. This definitely isn't his night.

Oh man, Raph VS Slash is going to be happening.

And yeah, Slash is being much more brutal than I anticipated. Don't really understand why he takes off their masks though.

Maybe as a trophy or a reminder of him beating them.

NinjaMan 11-30-2013 09:28 AM

That was a very brutal, dark episode!

Luckyday 11-30-2013 09:30 AM

Holy Crap! That episode was fantastic! :o
http://anonymousasta.files.wordpress...-fantastic.gif
We finally get a chance to see what they look like unmask (Well some of them but) and they got hurt man. Really bad. Bruises everywhere. Ciro was trolling us all long. Fifth turtle my ass! Not that I'm mad, quite the opposite actually.

DarkLightDragon 11-30-2013 09:32 AM

Best episode yet. :D Raph got some much-needed development and the way he protects his bros was sweet and his bittersweet decision to fight Slash. I bet it must've hurt him a little inside to do that.

Leo's interaction with the little girl was priceless. Smiled like an idiot to see something like that happen to someone like him.

And yeah, Slash collecting the masks as trophies does make sense now that I think about it. Did he think Raph wouldn't notice or care if his brothers were gone and he saw their masks on his wrist? I guess so.

raph27 11-30-2013 09:34 AM

Awesome ep.
"Bye, Mr. Turtle!":tlol:
When Leo approached the house, was there "Lord Dregg" written on the wall?:tgrin:

ObiWanFan4life 11-30-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon (Post 1184007)
Best episode yet. :D

Leo's interaction with the little girl was priceless.

And yeah, Slash collecting the masks as trophies does make sense now that I think about it. Did he think wouldn't notice or care if his brothers were gone and he saw their masks on his wrist? seems that way.

Yeah, that was kinda cocky on his part.

bridgegrn 11-30-2013 09:36 AM

Oh wow. If Slash has animosity towards everyone Raph has animosity towards I really hope he goes after The Foot at some point. Slash vs Rahzar or better yet Slash vs Shredder would be insane.

Karai Samurai 11-30-2013 09:36 AM

Whoa. That was...um, darker than expected. I thought Slash would be an ally. I still hope he'll become one. He wasn't part of the villains in the opener, right?

The B-plot with Leo and the little girl was adorable. Nice to see other background characters and Leo interacting with them.

Rukitron 11-30-2013 09:36 AM

Slash was more brutal than Xever and Bradford combined...

Also his model reminds me of old Super Mario Cartoon, "King Koopa".

NinjaMan 11-30-2013 09:37 AM

This episode, man I can't wait to see it again at 11am. Slash was an awesome villain! And the fight scenes, I can't believe how brutal they were. Slash and Raph remind me of the Sabertooth Wolverine rivalry now.

CyberCubed 11-30-2013 09:37 AM

surprised how violent this one was, the turtles without their bandanas on was a nice touch. Slash was amazing in this version, and I love the fact that Raph feels bad as it was Spike who he cared for. The tea time scenes with Leo and the little girl were funny too.

I'm really surprised at this one, might be my favorite episode yet.

NinjaPug 11-30-2013 09:37 AM

Initial thoughts: Freaking loved it. Freaking loved Slash. Thought it was a great adaptation of the character. I'm glad he is an adversary of the Turtles and not an ally like was rumored (at least for now). Seeing his design in action made it look better. Feldman nailed the voice.

Only complaint is him having two names still. I love the idea that he is a mutated Spike but don't like how they call him two different things. At least Slash named himself instead of Mikey.