The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gaming online on console (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57968)

Splinter the boss 05-19-2017 03:22 PM

Gaming online on console

How do you feel about it? Do you like offline gaming better? Today was my first time, I thought why not and decided to try it. It was a different experience, and I lost a lot because my controller response time was slow, in the end my game was slow and I got crushed even at the games I am boss at. What do you think?

DestronMirage22 05-19-2017 11:22 PM

The only experience I have is playing against people in Marvel vs Capcom. It's fun. It certainly is better than beating my family members over and over again. :lol:

Connection issues can be annoying though.

TigerClaw 05-20-2017 05:34 AM

Playing online is fun, as long as you don't use a headset during it, you don't want to hear any kid yelling out racist stuff and saying you suck and such.

Splinter the boss 05-20-2017 08:03 AM

My controller response Time is so slow that I have to think 3 steps ahead just in case, and most of the time it's futile. I see others so fast, I think it's a habit thing. I've been playing one day while they for months, perhaps years.

Netkeeper 05-20-2017 02:55 PM

That's your connection, that isn't the fault of it being online gaming, dude. When you have a good connection you only get lag if the other person has a ****** connection. Most consoles have ethernet ports or converters, and you'll want your console connected that way for the best connection strength because wireless isn't quite as strong. Not that any console bothers to tell people this.

Anyway I've played Nintendo games online since the DS and Wii, the experience varies depending on the game and what its online functionality offers. I had the most online fun playing Animal crossing new leaf [part of why I'm so butthurt there's no 'crossing U] because it makes the game a shared experience and it's great for roleplay, meanwhile another game I have from what I've heard because I have no interest in trying, only has online connectivity to random people and not your friends. So that will vary depending on what modes the devs wanted to enable online for.

I'm of the opinion that just about any multiplayer game should be both local and online in all modes. There are very few instances where this wouldn't be acceptable. [Because seriously, high school me is still pissed I couldn't make poffins with my online friends and had to give my second DS to my dad or something. That was ********.]

Edit: whoops i didnt realise this was in tmnt i thought it was in the regular gaming section

ssjup81 05-20-2017 08:07 PM

I will always prefer playing games offline than online. All games, imo, should have an offline option. At least if your net goes down, you can still play your game.

Splinter the boss 05-21-2017 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netkeeper (Post 1683990)
That's your connection, that isn't the fault of it being online gaming, dude. When you have a good connection you only get lag if the other person has a ****** connection. Most consoles have ethernet ports or converters, and you'll want your console connected that way for the best connection strength because wireless isn't quite as strong. Not that any console bothers to tell people this.

Anyway I've played Nintendo games online since the DS and Wii, the experience varies depending on the game and what its online functionality offers. I had the most online fun playing Animal crossing new leaf [part of why I'm so butthurt there's no 'crossing U] because it makes the game a shared experience and it's great for roleplay, meanwhile another game I have from what I've heard because I have no interest in trying, only has online connectivity to random people and not your friends. So that will vary depending on what modes the devs wanted to enable online for.

I'm of the opinion that just about any multiplayer game should be both local and online in all modes. There are very few instances where this wouldn't be acceptable. [Because seriously, high school me is still pissed I couldn't make poffins with my online friends and had to give my second DS to my dad or something. That was ********.]

Edit: whoops i didnt realise this was in tmnt i thought it was in the regular gaming section

Then that's why, I know i'm not bad. Anyway this thread is in the gaming section.

The Deadman 05-21-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netkeeper (Post 1683990)

Err...online PC gaming can have bad connections as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjup81 (Post 1684020)
I will always prefer playing games offline than online. All games, imo, should have an offline option. At least if your net goes down, you can still play your game.

Most games do have an offline option, unless you're playing a game that has multiplayer as the only function.

Coola Yagami 05-21-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Deadman (Post 1684082)

Most games do have an offline option, unless you're playing a game that has multiplayer as the only function.

Like those Resident Evil games for the PS2. I forgot what the subtitle was, like 'Outbreak' or something. I know they had 2 of them and they were pretty much unplayabale offline mostly because the CPU characters that take the place of would-be-real-people if you're playing offline were useless.

FredWolfLeonardo 05-21-2017 02:52 PM

I mostly play offline and on my laptop but I used to have alot of fun playing Call of Duty 4 online on the ps3 for many years. It felt pretty flawless and lag free for the most part but I think the biggest problem is not lag, but the hackers who have pretty much taken over more than half the servers now of the ps3/360 versions.

DevilSpooky 05-21-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1684124)
Like those Resident Evil games for the PS2. I forgot what the subtitle was, like 'Outbreak' or something. I know they had 2 of them and they were pretty much unplayabale offline mostly because the CPU characters that take the place of would-be-real-people if you're playing offline were useless.

They're not unplayable, I 100% both of them offline, you just ignore the other characters and do everything yourself, perfectly doable and IMO recommended since at least you don't get paired of with someone who doesn't know WTH he's doing and end up killing you in the process.

Anyway, I despise Online play, and only do those for the trophies if they have them, otherwise I just ignore it and refuse to play online only games. That being said I did enjoy Red Dead Redeption online imensly and had a blast playing that, and do co-op games with friends is almost as fun as couch co-op as long as you both have headsets.

Netkeeper 05-22-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Deadman (Post 1684082)

This thread isn't about pc it's literally got console in the title

I never said things that didn't apply to pc or even mention it anywhere

dragonside 05-22-2017 07:41 PM

i like online gaming, if there's matches.

to make this a little more TMNT related. I'd really like a game where you can create your own mutant or become a ninja etc.

MMORPG - i play ffxiv

pferreira 05-25-2017 08:33 AM

I kind of refuse to play any game online if I can avoid it.

Splinter the boss 05-25-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pferreira (Post 1685130)
I kind of refuse to play any game online if I can avoid it.

Is It for the reasons I mentioned?

pferreira 05-25-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splinter the boss (Post 1685196)
Is It for the reasons I mentioned?

It's just because I prefer single player and I hate games that force you to play online. Relies on Internet connection and usually over Steam. I also hate DRM.

robb0226 05-25-2017 08:31 PM

I will always prefer offline multiplayer than online. Playing online can be a blast but nothing compares to playing with or against the person sitting next to you.

Which is why it sucks so much that games are phasing out offline multiplayer. The newest TMNT game is one of the worst culprits and could have been infinitely better if it just included a couch co-op option. I certainly hope any future games with have that as an option.

CyberCubed 06-01-2017 01:48 PM

Fighters are best for online. Playing Smash Wii-U online is a godsend, especially since Melee I always had to play with CPU bots or my brother and Brawl's online was a mess.

Playing Smash Bros. online is a dream people had since Melee came out in 2001 on Gamecube.

Machias Banshee 06-01-2017 07:40 PM

Know what, how about you two just stop it right now. We've got enough threads filling up with this bickering, just drop it.

Ninjinister 06-02-2017 02:56 PM

This thread shouldn't even be in this section in the first place....