The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Fan Works Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   CGI Turtles - Fan Made (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=33665)

Jester 04-18-2011 12:32 PM

Looking good Vegita-san. Ever thought to try and do an "original" story with the models down the road?

Vegita-San 04-18-2011 12:35 PM

I'd only dare attempt that if I could get an original writer to write it, and some classic voice actors to voice it, and someone to story board it.
But that's a perfect storm that would never happen..

oldmanwinters 04-18-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegita-San (Post 841385)

Ok, while this is looking great, I think the problem is that the mid-section of the body appears to be wider than Krang's belly compartment. It's hard to tell what exactly the ratio should be, but I would try to slim that upper body a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegita-San (Post 841389)
I'd only dare attempt that if I could get an original writer to write it, and some classic voice actors to voice it, and someone to story board it.
But that's a perfect storm that would never happen..

Assuming this is an unrealistic possibility, you could avoid the problem if you simply create a small self-contained story without dialogue that emphasized the visual action and maybe just used music and sound effects.

Vegita-San 04-18-2011 07:24 PM

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5063/...1f71ea11_z.jpg


A few more changes....head is still being worked on, fingers started... made Krang a bit bigger, will make the housing a bit wider..

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7340442_n.jpg

rufus 04-18-2011 07:28 PM

Looking pretty good.

Vegita-San 04-18-2011 08:12 PM

one last minor update added above

oldmanwinters 04-18-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegita-San (Post 841587)
one last minor update added above

The proportions look much better from the front. Now you gotta give that android a neck!:)

Vegita-San 04-19-2011 08:21 PM

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1963507_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5044839_n.jpg

thank you yankee baseball for a little mutli tasking distraction.....the head still doesn't look right.... The back plate needs resizing... but what's wrong now?

I wonder if we could get James Rowlf (avgn) to notice this... he's free with his opinion ;o)

Vegita-San 04-19-2011 09:28 PM

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4977689_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1673696_n.jpg

Last minute changes... haven't gotten up from the PC since 9? wow...


Night time...

Jester 04-19-2011 10:12 PM

The legs are still a WIP right Vegita?

Vegita-San 04-20-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 842009)
The legs are still a WIP right Vegita?

yep... getting closer... After Krang, It's Bebop, Rocksteady, a Turtle, Shredder, and Splinter changes.... Then it's on to NEW characters..

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5327248_n.jpg

Jester 04-20-2011 06:39 PM

I wonder if it would help to post a CG pick side by side with the 2D model...

Vegita-San 04-20-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 842074)
I wonder if it would help to post a CG pick side by side with the 2D model...

just done.. sometimes that doesn't always work though..

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8135616_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...5_880557_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5880378_n.jpg

oldmanwinters 04-20-2011 07:43 PM

I see you've sunk the "collar-bone" area in your most recent update. Are you planning to fill that in with some more neck? Something more in the back of the head is definitely needed.

Vegita-San 04-20-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 842115)
I see you've sunk the "collar-bone" area in your most recent update. Are you planning to fill that in with some more neck? Something more in the back of the head is definitely needed.

he doesn't really have a neck..unless you consider that little bump to the right one..I thought that was more a shoulder area..

oldmanwinters 04-20-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegita-San (Post 842124)
he doesn't really have a neck..unless you consider that little bump to the right one..I thought that was more a shoulder area..

Yeah, that's what I meant, for lack of a better term. He definitely has a lot of mass between his head and his shoulders.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56...krangdroid.jpg

Jester 04-20-2011 08:43 PM

I think it's the chin...

Vegita-San 04-20-2011 09:08 PM

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5101/...d5a1e40d_z.jpg

last change of the night..

I tried to modify the shoulders and chin, and still doesn't look right...even putting it right up to the drawing..

the angle of the drawing... it looks OK from the front, near complete.. just not the side..
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5225/...74876ca6_z.jpg

Jester 04-20-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegita-San (Post 842151)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5101/...d5a1e40d_z.jpg

last change of the night..

I tried to modify the shoulders and chin, and still doesn't look right...even putting it right up to the drawing..

Hmmm...yeah those changes almost seem like a step backward...
I'm just not good at explaining what's off...maybe it's the cheek bones...or that the head looks like a separate piece placed on top of the body and not attached....*shrugs*

Vegita-San 04-20-2011 09:45 PM

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5227/...cd474998_z.jpg

one last from the night..seems ok from the front


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.