The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FW 87 TMNT complete series dvd in turtle van box. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38904)

CyberCubed 08-27-2012 08:32 AM

I can't believe so many lovers of the OT didn't snatch up each DVD as they came out. So you guys probably haven't watched through the show in ages, have you?

Wow. Not only did I rewatch each of my DVDs multiple times, but I now try to rewatch the entire series about once every 2 years or so.

Scud 08-27-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 989229)
I can't believe so many lovers of the OT didn't snatch up each DVD as they came out. So you guys probably haven't watched through the show in ages, have you?

Can't speak for others, but for me it has to do with price. Take Season 3 for instance, since it was split into volumes, I was waiting for the possibility that it would be released into an entire Season collection for cheaper. Like some other TV Show DVDs have done in the past.

And I have been watching through many of the shows on YouTube.

~S~

Gyt Kaliba 08-27-2012 08:38 AM

I could never find the old releases in store sadly, is why I haven't nabbed them. Recently, I tried to special order Volume 1 from Wal-Mart.com, but ended up having to get a refund when they were horribly incapable of - you know, actually SENDING it to me (guess they couldn't be bothered with such a cheap order...).

This set, not only will save me money in the long run, but if they make it available online as well, they'll be more likely to actually send to me. I would hope.

CyberCubed 08-27-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba (Post 989234)
I could never find the old releases in store sadly, is why I haven't nabbed them. Recently, I tried to special order Volume 1 from Wal-Mart.com, but ended up having to get a refund when they were horribly incapable of - you know, actually SENDING it to me (guess they couldn't be bothered with such a cheap order...).

This set, not only will save me money in the long run, but if they make it available online as well, they'll be more likely to actually send to me. I would hope.

I ordered virtually all the DVDS online from amazon.com when they came out. I think I only ever bought Season 1 in the store...back then I didn't even know the OT was coming out on DVD so I was so excited.

Remember these DVDs started in 2004...for those of us collecting along the way, it took us 8 years to complete our collection.

Genesis 08-27-2012 10:07 AM

Welp, I sure am glad that I never started collecting the individual season sets.

prophecy718 08-27-2012 12:10 PM

i've actually been buying the releases since 2005. So as each volume/season came out-- i bought it.

Even tho i have the entire series on dvd already, I might buy this set for collection purposes.

Storm Eagle 08-27-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 989236)
I ordered virtually all the DVDS online from amazon.com when they came out. I think I only ever bought Season 1 in the store...back then I didn't even know the OT was coming out on DVD so I was so excited.

Remember these DVDs started in 2004...for those of us collecting along the way, it took us 8 years to complete our collection.

I bought them all as they came out myself, but the only ones I bought in stores were volume 6 (last few episodes of season 3) and season 10. I usually buy DVD sets online since they tend to be cheaper that way, but I found the aforementioned to to actually be cheaper in the stores.

I got season 8 before I got season 7 though, because when season 7 first came out, it was split into four volumes. I think I just wasn't ready to get them, but once I found out that season 7 would be released as a whole, I waited until DeepDiscount was having their second 25% off sale of the year to snatch it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prophecy718 (Post 989323)

Even tho I have the entire series on DVD already, I might buy this set for collection purposes.

Me too, especially since I'm thinking it comes with a booklet. I might sell my individual copies but in a way I don't really want to. I kind of like the cover art for the season 6 set.

CyberCubed 08-27-2012 11:54 PM

The only way I can justify a double dip is if:

a) Somehow the Turtle Tip shorts are included

b) Planet of the Turtleoids and Once Upon a Time Machine are put back in their proper order

c) The episodes are of higher quality than the past DVDs

Knowing that all 3 of these are very unlikely...I just can't justify it. The DVDs will also get all scratched sitting in a plastic toy.

TheBlueTurtle1 08-28-2012 12:40 AM

I have to have this. PLEASE is it coming out in REGION 2???

Leo656 08-28-2012 03:32 AM

I do feel kinda stupid since I have the entire series already but I didn't think they'd bother with this, and I've double-dipped for less worthy causes. If anything, I'll buy it in the hopes they'll get the message that stuff like this was what they needed to do years ago.

'Cubed, I like ya, bro, I do, but the Turtle Tips shorts? Ain't happenin'. Kreskin and Nostradamus BOTH looked into the future and replied, "Nobody working on the DVD sets gives a damn about some pre/post-commercial bumpers from a cartoon from 20 years ago". I'm sure many of them have been scrapped, erased, deleted, and just plain don't exist anymore, unless the company was to solicit some fan to send in their old VHS tapes of eps taped from Saturday morning, and they're not going to. It's just not happenin' bro.

I like you, and I want you to have a happy life. But this obsession with Turtle Tips is a one-way ticket to disappointment. Be glad they gave enough of a sh*t to give us what they did. I wasn't counting on even that.

DonatelloFan 08-28-2012 06:30 AM

The dvd's are the same that came with all the other seasons. It's just repackaged. I'm pretty sure they didn't just put the dvd's in a plastic toy, I'm sure they're held by something sturdy. And this isn't new. What about 'Friends', 'Seinfeld', 'King of Queens', 'Everybody Loves Raymond', and countless other series. I remember feeling pissed about Friends when I realized the series set looked better. And I still want the Seinfeld box set. It happens.

I may wait until the end of 'The Walking Dead' and 'Breaking Bad' until I buy the collections, because I'm almost certain they're going to come out with a series box set.

Jephael 08-28-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 989544)
'Cubed, I like you, and I want you to have a happy life. But this obsession with Turtle Tips is a one-way ticket to disappointment.

It's not just Turtle Tips he's obsessed with. :trolleye:

gobo 08-28-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonatelloFan (Post 989595)
The dvd's are the same that came with all the other seasons. It's just repackaged.

What makes you present this likely scenario as fact? O_o

tmntpower1988 08-28-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 988105)
And just when I bought each DVD as they came out...

Yes I got all 10 Seasons on DVD already. If I knew this was going to happen I would have waited until the turtle van box came out. :o

DrSpengler 08-28-2012 11:02 AM

I actually oreered season 10 about a day or two before they announced this box set.

Not that it would have mattered, as I've been getting each release since they started in 2004. I like the series well-enough, but not enough to double dip for what's essentially the exact same product but in a new package.

"Talking Malibu Stacy with NEW HAT" indeed.

As for Turtle Tips? Meh. I'd have liked em, but there's always you tube for such minutea. I'm just relieved they conceded to including the skipped episodes on the last release so I actually have *all* the episodes. If Lions Gate had REALLY wanted to be a bunch of d-bags, they'd have saved the 3 skipped episodes for the Turtle Van set and FORCED people to double dip.

Let's just be grateful they didn't think of that.

Brandon 08-28-2012 03:10 PM

For people worried about the housing just get DVD cases and put them in it :lol:

I am getting it because it's cheaper and i already have a stack of dvd cases (that house up to 5 dvds in each) and high res printed covers. The van is nice to have as a collectable i suppose but it's too cheap looking to want on my shelves and yeah the housing of the DVDs concerns me. Over time it looks like they would get scratched but again DVD cases are cheap and so is kinkos.

oldmanwinters 08-28-2012 03:50 PM

I have to admit, I am curious to know what this thing is:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56...DVDmystery.jpg

My guess it either bonus disc (super unlikely given the original press release) or (more likely) an episode listing. I think an episode list would almost be a necessity considering that most of the previous listings we go were on the back of the old DVD cases.

ToTheNines 08-28-2012 03:59 PM

I want a CD of the back ground music... Now.

I'd pay $200 if it came with that.

Storm Eagle 08-28-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIP, gobo (Post 989660)
What makes you present this likely scenario as fact? O_o

Well this is something I posted somewhere else, explaining why this might be the existing discs repackaged and "re-skinned" like DonatelloFan thinks. Also, refer to this picture:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics...plete_bty2.jpg

I observed the way the discs were placed in the set, and how some of them have the same kind of artwork. Going from front to back, it's like this:
- The first disc is green (first season/volume)
- The second disc is orange (second season/volume)
- The third through sixth discs are light green (four discs made up the third season in individual volumes)
- The seventh through eleventh discs are red (season 4 was a five-disc set)
- The twelfth through fourteenth discs are blue (season 5 was a three-disc set)
- The fifteenth and sixteenth discs are purple (season 6 was a two-disc set)
- The seventeenth through twentieth discs are light orange (season 7 was a four-disc set)
- The twenty-first disc is dark blue (eighth season)
- The twenty-second disc is brown (ninth season)
- The twenty-third disc is dark purple (tenth season)

So it's most likely the existing discs with different artwork, and will just have the same content as they have on the individual sets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 989837)
I have to admit, I am curious to know what this thing is:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56...DVDmystery.jpg

My guess it either bonus disc (super unlikely given the original press release) or (more likely) an episode listing. I think an episode list would almost be a necessity considering that most of the previous listings we go were on the back of the old DVD cases.

It's probably a booklet that has an episode guide.

LeoNerdo 08-28-2012 04:22 PM

It's gotta be an episode listing. There's no way they would sell this thing without one, especially with the discs being re-labeled as 'disc 1' 'disc 2' etc....

Storm Eagle 08-28-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoNerdo (Post 989854)
It's gotta be an episode listing. There's no way they would sell this thing without one, especially with the discs being re-labeled as 'disc 1' 'disc 2' etc....

Good point. The backs of the individual season sets even mention what episodes are included (with the exception of the sets for seasons 4, 5, and the set for all of season 7).

CyberCubed 08-28-2012 05:12 PM

It's definitely an episode listing, nobody would know what eps were on what disc otherwise.

Makes you wonder where the two skipped eps are listed, and if the 4 bonus bonus Season 10 eps are still on the first disc.

Storm Eagle 08-28-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 989873)
It's definitely an episode listing, nobody would know what eps were on what disc otherwise.

Makes you wonder where the two skipped eps are listed

With the list I posted above, I'd think they're still on the 23rd and final disc, which of course represents the whole tenth season, and that they're bonus features.

TheCanadiandrome 08-28-2012 10:00 PM

Would have loved a Technodrome, but who knows, maybe for a blu-ray release lol!

Still, I think I wants this anyways. Just keep it MISP

TMNT-Collector 08-29-2012 09:41 AM

Wow, this is amazing news, i can't wait to get my hands on this. although i already have all the other dvds, i feel not matter what i would still want both sets (individual dvds and box set), and i noticed there were not guns on the van, maybe you could add on the gun parts from the original turtle van onto it if they are the correct size

Redeemer 08-29-2012 10:02 PM

THis is really great news imo, I've been meaning to get the OT for the longest time and instead of buying each season individually I can just buy this now:D

shinefra 09-01-2012 10:49 AM

I think I’m going to wait for a review, even though I haven't bought any of them yet I wish to know of the quality of de container Turtle van, I don't want my DVDs to get scratched.

Cipher 09-01-2012 01:58 PM

Thankfully I haven't bought Season 10 yet. I'm also missing Season 6 and two volumes of Season 3.

Needless to say, I am pumped for this, and take back all my nay-saying about the possibility of a complete-series set.

Dork of 1987 09-02-2012 06:51 AM

I only own the first season DVD so I'm considering buying this. I wouldn't mind if it's just the same discs that have already been released, I wouldn't mind if there's no additional features, I wouldn't even mind if the bonus episodes weren't put back in the correct order, but I don't want a bunch of discs stacked in front of each other.

TmntDann 09-02-2012 12:23 PM

This probably won't come out in Europe, right?

I can't even find the regular cartoon dvd's here. :x

Bnizzle163 09-02-2012 05:06 PM

Wow and to think, I just ordered 2 of the 3 seasons I was missing from my collection YESTERDAY :(

Storm Eagle 09-02-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TmntDann (Post 991852)
This probably won't come out in Europe, right?

I can't even find the regular cartoon DVD's here. :x

You can't import?

Tuxedo Moroboshi 09-03-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Eagle (Post 992088)
You can't import?

It might be less about being able to import and more about being able to play Region 1 DVDs on a Region 2 DVD player.

Yep It's A Trap 09-04-2012 03:00 AM

Glad I waited before buying any of these. I had a hunch a couple of years back that they might do something like this. I will order this as soon as it's available to do so.

LOGMAN 09-04-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clown Prince of Crime (Post 992165)
It might be less about being able to import and more about being able to play Region 1 DVDs on a Region 2 DVD player.

there are Region 2 options available - the German releases are supposed to be of a better quality than the American ones...

ledahead 09-04-2012 05:03 AM

I am not going to buy the turtle van set because I want individual cases for each season but I still need to buy the season 3 dvds and was wondering if anyone knew if season 3 will eventually be released as a single set like season 7 eventually was instead of four separate volumes?

Powder 09-04-2012 05:15 AM

I highly doubt it. There'd really be no point for them to do that, financially speaking.

Yep It's A Trap 09-04-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOGMAN (Post 992603)
there are Region 2 options available - the German releases are supposed to be of a better quality than the American ones...

I'd rather have the American set even if it means slightly lesser quality.

Storm Eagle 09-04-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clown Prince of Crime (Post 992165)

I thought region-free players were easily available in other countries though.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 09-04-2012 05:43 PM

Cool packaging

Cool packaging