The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Alright, how are they going bring him back this time? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57427)

neatoman 02-22-2017 12:48 PM

Alright, how are they going bring him back this time?

Oh no, Splinter is dead!... Again! For arguably the third time (if not more).

Alright, should we really pretend there isn't a 50-75% chance he'll be back this time? He's been brought back before less than half a season ago, there's three time traveling characters on the show (one of them help out with this before), next season will have a literal gate to hell open and characters are constantly surviving impossible scenarios. Not to mention the all purpose plot device that turns animals humanoid, turns people into were-things, merges hawks with worms, turns trees into crystals, transforms the cell tissue of a cat into ice cream, acts as steroids and somehow turns a car into living thing.

Rationally, why shouldn't we at least half-expect him to come back? Because they lingered on it? They didn't commit to it after season 2 and they didn't commit to it after season 3. Here's my prediction:
  1. They talk about how him a little bit at the start of the season.
  2. Spend X amount of episodes on unrelated topics.
  3. Big climax comes around.
  4. He gets brought back either in time for it or during it.
  5. Happy reunions.

You know why I think that? Because it already happened, twice!

ssjup81 02-22-2017 01:09 PM

It's only happened once and also for that everyone died. Where are you getting this third time from? End o season 2 doesn't count. He was just badly beaten and was saved by Karai the same ep. Why in the world would you have thought that he was killed?

ABrown 02-22-2017 01:11 PM

Have they already done the four turtles sitting around the camp fire like in the first movie?

ssjup81 02-22-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1662147)
Have they already done the four turtles sitting around the camp fire like in the first movie?

Yeah, back in season 3.

ABrown 02-22-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjup81 (Post 1662148)
Yeah, back in season 3.

I thought maybe they had. I have a hard time remembering things in this series.

ssjup81 02-22-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1662149)
I thought maybe they had. I have a hard time remembering things in this series.

It was the Vision Quest ep.

neatoman 02-22-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjup81 (Post 1662145)
It's only happened once and also for that everyone died. Where are you getting this third time from? End o season 2 doesn't count. He was just badly beaten and was saved by Karai the same ep. Why in the world would you have thought that he was killed?

No but it was in that ambigious "will he live or won't he" tone and the following episodes had the characters act as if he was dead. Not to mention that whole "we die together" scene, it didn't even have one full episode between it and the return but it was still there.

ABrown 02-22-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjup81 (Post 1662150)
It was the Vision Quest ep.

I could still imagine that at some point in the fifth season they'll see him somehow in the same manner through meditation, etc.

Autbot_Benz 02-22-2017 01:31 PM

Splinter isn't coming back this time he was stabbed and thrown off a building and slamming into the pavement.

No Fugitoid to time travel back and fix stuff nothing

MrTMNT2012 02-22-2017 01:32 PM

Jesus christ.

And I thought it was just the unaldulterated lovers of the show that were obnoxious...

Vicky82 02-22-2017 01:37 PM

I find this thread pointless after watching Owari :lol:

ssjup81 02-22-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1662153)
No but it was in that ambigious "will he live or won't he" tone and the following episodes had the characters act as if he was dead. Not to mention that whole "we die together" scene, it didn't even have one full episode between it and the return but it was still there.

For season 2, we saw he was saved. We the AUDIENCE knew he was fine. The characters didn't because they had to flee. That's no different from reading a book and how we learn something about a character that the other characters don't. This wasn't a fake out. He was unconscious...big difference.

The rat king ep I would've given to you if it hadn't lead to them adapting a story in which he lived anyway.

Season 3's ending I feel your poll could apply to since they were presented with a solution directly after his death.

For this recent episode, there was nothing. The only way I could see him coming back, is in a spiritual form from time to time to assure his sons that he's fine or that he's in a better place, etc.

Technogeek29 02-22-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjup81 (Post 1662145)

technically it was 3 times 4 and I'm busting chops so I don't necessarily count it.

1st. Died during the end of season 3

2nd. Falling into the abyss with Shredder

3rd. Actually dying after being impaled from behind...Again...Huh odd it happen twice?

4. (The scene is edited as if Shredder stabs him but Splinter saw it coming this time for some reason?) But still a bit of a fake out.

I don't count season 2 since the episode like you pointed out ends with Karai retrieving him.

ssjup81 02-22-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technogeek29 (Post 1662163)
technically it was 3 times 4 and I'm busting chops so I don't necessarily count it.

1st. Died during the end of season 3

2nd. Falling into the abyss with Shredder

3rd. Actually dying after being impaled from behind...Again...Huh odd it happen twice?

4. (The scene is edited as if Shredder stabs him but Splinter saw it coming this time for some reason?) But still a bit of a fake out.

I don't count season 2 since the episode like you pointed out ends with Karai retrieving him.

For four, Leo is the reason Splinter saw it coming. Leo reacted, which tipped off Splinter.

neatoman 02-22-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky82 (Post 1662160)
I find this thread pointless after watching Owari :lol:

Spoiler:
You mean the thing about him being kinda sorta a ghost? I guess that counts.

Technogeek29 02-22-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjup81 (Post 1662173)
For four, Leo is the reason Splinter saw it coming. Leo reacted, which tipped off Splinter.

Ah thank you.

ssjup81 02-22-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technogeek29 (Post 1662182)
Ah thank you.

No prob. Oh as for the abyss one, I was hoping it'd kill him off but also was skeptical of it since they showed him bump his head on the way down.

BubblyShell22 02-22-2017 03:32 PM

He only technically died at the end of season three and they fixed that. With the abyss that would have been possible, but they showed he survived in the next ep.

He will probably appear in visions and memories, but other than that, he's dead.

FredWolfLeonardo 02-23-2017 11:27 AM

This is a troll thread. Splinter only died once before, there's no need to repeatedly go on and on about "fakeouts", it gets obnoxious after a while.

Splinter may be physically gone, but his legacy and wisdom is timeless. That's the whole point.

The turtles won't be trying to revive him like they did in season 3. They will accept his death and move on in life. Death isn't something to be feared, rather its inevitable and a part of life which must be embraced.

Its a difficult but beautiful message that Ciro knew should be conveyed in the 5th season when we see the turtles living without their sensei. (It was his original vision for the series, to begin with Splinter dead).

neatoman 02-24-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1662494)
This is a troll thread. Splinter only died once before, there's no need to repeatedly go on and on about "fakeouts", it gets obnoxious after a while.

Splinter may be physically gone, but his legacy and wisdom is timeless. That's the whole point.

The turtles won't be trying to revive him like they did in season 3. They will accept his death and move on in life. Death isn't something to be feared, rather its inevitable and a part of life which must be embraced.

Its a difficult but beautiful message that Ciro knew should be conveyed in the 5th season when we see the turtles living without their sensei. (It was his original vision for the series, to begin with Splinter dead).

Fine, yes, it's a bit jokey with the "New Coke" option and everything but there still isn't much reason to take his most recent death seriously. Think about it, if they really killed him off for real this time, why even bother bringing him back in the first place? Or why bother killing him last time?