The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   TMNT at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=45460)

TigerClaw 11-28-2013 07:15 AM

TMNT at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

So I'm watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and heard Teenage Mutants Ninja Turtles will be at the Parade. Anyone here watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade every year?

tmnt transformer 11-28-2013 07:34 AM

My youngest sistsr FORCES US to watch it every year....

Bakushan 11-28-2013 07:35 AM

I am going to watch to check it out. Of course, I am not nearly as much a fan of the Nick Turtles as I am of the original cartoon series... but I have to be thankful that the turtles are still around at all for another generation.

DarkLightDragon 11-28-2013 07:38 AM

Will probably re-use the float from last year.

Guitar_Raph 11-28-2013 08:04 AM

Fallout Boy will be performing on the TMNT float.

Also can't wait for the Packers/Lions halftime show, featuring Tony Lucca! This is Tony's first outside performance other than NBC (Friday Night Lights, Parenthood, Malibu Shores, The Voice). So he never did ABC, CW & CBS.

TigerClaw 11-28-2013 09:18 AM

TMNT coming up next.

TigerClaw 11-28-2013 09:23 AM

And there's the float.

CyberCubed 11-28-2013 09:23 AM

They're there now its the same Nick costumes we've seen before.

MikeandRaph87 11-28-2013 09:25 AM

NBC is showing them now(11:22). The same float with a band like last year. Turtles moving in place with kids in Crooked Ninja Turtle gang costumes.

Just before that the original six Power Rangers did a few moves to the original theme and the current version appeared and they did moves along with them to the current them. Then came Pikachu! 90's kids rule! :D

Guitar_Raph 11-28-2013 10:34 AM

If anyone missed them, you can get a 2nd chance @ approximately 4:22 pm.

pannoni1 11-28-2013 12:14 PM

The TMNT have never gotten proper justice at the Thanksgiving parade. In their first (possibly 2nd) appearance in 1991, there were two 1960s Cadillacs with Raph and Don in one car and Leo and Mike in the other, and they never had a song and dance, and of course no balloon. Like in 2012, the TMNT followed the Power Rangers, with Neon Trees performing. I hope 2014's is bigger if the movie is a hit. But its still good promotion for Toys 'R Us buyers.

I've been watching this parade religiously since I was little, though I like to channel surf to CBS when NBC has commercials. I visited the parade in 2003 with my family, and although there was no TMNT balloon to promote the 4kids show, it was still lots of fun.

BabyTurtles 11-28-2013 01:37 PM

the TMNT float looked awesome!! *_____* woot woot!

Powder 11-28-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar_Raph (Post 1183371)
Fallout Boy will be performing on the TMNT float.

http://i43.tinypic.com/206bxww.gif

Davetello 11-28-2013 03:43 PM

I knew Macy's was a real store, but I always thought the parade was fictitious and created for Miracle on 34th Street :lol: Oh well.

I've looked for images from past evetns and it seems to be a very nice parade indeed. I'd have watched it live on the internet if I'd known about it.

Anyone got pics of the turtles at this year's event?

Blossombrooks 11-28-2013 04:45 PM

^ There's pics and vids of them floating around Instagram but I couldn't see a YouTube vid of just that part yet.

Ha, Fall Out Boy and TMNT, my two favourite things! Shame the singing wasn't live :/ Still, pretty damn cool though.

Davetello 11-28-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blossombrooks (Post 1183542)
^ There's pics and vids of them floating around Instagram but I couldn't see a YouTube vid of just that part yet.

Ha, Fall Out Boy and TMNT, my two favourite things! Shame the singing wasn't live :/ Still, pretty damn cool though.

Thanks blossombrooks, I will keep an eye on this thread then.

Aaronardo 11-29-2013 07:40 AM

I'm surprised they didn't get Vanilla Ice up there. Seriously, I am! Instead, they took someone who has no relation to TMNT whatsoever and had them lip-sync.
Spoiler:
No offense to anyone who likes Fall Out Boy, but when they HAVE to lip-sync, that normally means they can't actually sing.

I mean, wasn't Vanilla Ice TRYING to get back with the Turtles? Seriously, it just kinda baffles me.

Roseangelo 11-29-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatCollectorGuy (Post 1183680)
I'm surprised they didn't get Vanilla Ice up there. Seriously, I am! Instead, they took someone who has no relation to TMNT whatsoever and had them lip-sync. No offense to anyone who likes Fall Out Boy, but when they HAVE to lip-sync, that normally means they can't actually sing.

I mean, wasn't Vanilla Ice TRYING to get back with the Turtles? Seriously, it just kinda baffles me.

All of the singers in the parade HAVE to lip-sync. Nickelodeon has a working relationship with Fall Out Boy, thus they get on the float. Nickelodeon doesn't give a crap about Vanilla Ice, and having him on the float would have been damn embarrassing.

BubblyShell22 11-29-2013 08:33 AM

Yes, all of the singers have to lip sync, since it would be hard to have them sing live, but I don't care. I was stoked that the Turtles were on the float and that Fall Out Boy was there. I like them.

The Stryker 11-29-2013 08:40 AM

My problem is that the announcers kept calling Fall Out Boy 'Indie Rockers'.

Yeah okay.