The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NECA Arcade TMNT November 2019 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61995)

spookycookies 10-25-2019 01:32 PM

NECA Arcade TMNT November 2019

Since these figures sort of fall outside of the other NECA lines: the movie turtles being at GameStop & cartoon turtles at Target, I thought maybe there should be a thread about the arcade line that is planned to roll out sometime in November.

The first wave I suppose is Arcade style Leonardo, Donatello, Purple Foot Solider & Slash. With the exception of Slash these seem to be the same figures that appeared as SDCC bundled exclusives but now they will come with the hoverboards from the video game as well as be more widely available to Speciality and Mom & Pop stores to sell.

I have a pre-order in from Big Bad Toy Store for a set of them which are expected to ship in “November” and knowing NECA I don’t think we will get an update on that until maybe the week of?

Are you looking forward to this line of figures? I had sort of overlooked them for the movie and toon lines but now that the Arcade1Up cabinet is out The game versions are more fresh in my mind. I am sure there are more waves coming as we will need individual releases of Raph and Mikey, plus it’s been shown that a lot of the Toon figures are getting paint swaps / details changed to fit the video game style. I think the first to be announced for both lines was Leatherhead.

Sorry if this topic is repetitive or not specific enough I couldn’t see a thread that was currently focused on this exact wave and not NECA’s other lines.

Adcatalano 10-25-2019 06:20 PM

Leatherhead, Traag, and Granitor were all originally showcased in the video game style, plus they showed off Super Shredder recently.

I love this line, neca’s video game appearance line is what started me collecting toys in general. I have both of the SDCC 2017 video game sets so I won’t be double dipping on the turtles and foot just for the hover boards, but I have Slash on order (love that it has a different sculpt than the cartoon version). I keep my video game figures in package because Neca absolutely kills their video game packaging, it’s like a diorama itself.

spookycookies 10-25-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adcatalano (Post 1823738)
Leatherhead, Traag, and Granitor were all originally showcased in the video game style, plus they showed off Super Shredder recently.

I love this line, neca’s video game appearance line is what started me collecting toys in general. I have both of the SDCC 2017 video game sets so I won’t be double dipping on the turtles and foot just for the hover boards, but I have Slash on order (love that it has a different sculpt than the cartoon version). I keep my video game figures in package because Neca absolutely kills their video game packaging, it’s like a diorama itself.

I have the Shredder and Foot pack, I figure if they are going to re-release the turtles and everything separately then it's possible that the weapons or colors of the Foot won't be the same as the SDCC pack. Plus I had to have the giant hammer, how could you pass that up?

I don't have a set of Arcade Turtles yet so the hoverboard ones are perfect for me. I am really happy that at least one of the NECA TMNT lines are more available than the Target/Gamestop ones.

Chaotix12345 10-25-2019 09:15 PM

Got Slash on order from BBTS. He's going to be a Christmas present alongside some PR Lightning figures. Super excited, as the TiT version is my favorite classic version of the character, at least as far as design goes.

mikey0 10-26-2019 08:39 AM

Definitely looking forward to seeing Slash in the TiT packaging.

IMJ 10-26-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey0 (Post 1823769)
....in the TiT packaging.

You mean like modeled after Cudley from the Archie series?

:lol:

Get it? Get it? No?

-Nevermind-

mikey0 10-26-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMJ (Post 1823779)
You mean like modeled after Cudley from the Archie series?

:lol:

Get it? Get it? No?

-Nevermind-

I never read the comics, but I think I get it. TiT was my cousin’s favorite SNES game.

spookycookies 11-01-2019 03:18 PM

Ok It is November now... I guess we wait for shipping confirmation.

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 11-05-2019 07:09 AM

November could unfortunately mean December, or even January.

inaheap 11-05-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** (Post 1824661)
November could unfortunately mean December, or even January.

Yeah we are already in November and they are not even on the shipping calendar. I'm betting December at best. I love being wrong about these things though.

Chaotix12345 11-05-2019 04:12 PM

Asked them myself on Twitter and confirmed: they've been pushed back. Might hit December or possibly later, so my Slash might have to be a late Christmas present. XD

spookycookies 11-05-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 (Post 1824715)
Asked them myself on Twitter and confirmed: they've been pushed back. Might hit December or possibly later, so my Slash might have to be a late Christmas present. XD

Thanks for sharing the update! I was wondering what was going on but at least we have some information from NECA about it.

Chaotix12345 11-20-2019 11:16 AM

My BBTS pre-order just updated: new ETA is February 2020.

spookycookies 11-20-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 (Post 1826267)
My BBTS pre-order just updated: new ETA is February 2020.

Yeah I just got that email. Guess I’ll have to pay for them and the GameStop NECA line all at the same time. Why did I pre order so many foot soldiers...

italianice388 01-14-2020 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...18331288924165

Lordmylar06 01-14-2020 11:57 AM

Since I already have the turtles and gobs of foot soldiers in the arcade style, I'm really most looking forward to Slash. I'm hoping for a fully accurate Archie version of Slash in the future, but this will go great on the shelf in the meantime. He looks so cool!

AquaParade 01-14-2020 12:26 PM

With the right box art, I'd be all over those.

Btown 01-14-2020 04:36 PM

I really like the box art on these. I gotta grab the slash at some point

italianice388 01-14-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 (Post 1831978)
Since I already have the turtles and gobs of foot soldiers in the arcade style, I'm really most looking forward to Slash. I'm hoping for a fully accurate Archie version of Slash in the future, but this will go great on the shelf in the meantime. He looks so cool!

+1 for archie slash repaint

RaphaelinSTL 01-14-2020 07:00 PM

Based on this tweet from NECA, it looks like we'll be seeing the classic TMNT logo on all merchandise moving forward too instead of that Nick reboot design.

Given that Playmates is also focusing on "classic" TMNT in 2020, it makes sense Nick is putting all its eggs in the nostalgia basket moving forward when it comes to merchandise.

Trust me, I ain't complaining.