The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Which games have you spent the most hours in? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58877)

Prowler 10-02-2017 06:27 AM

Which games have you spent the most hours in?

Video game systems have been keeping track of your playtime for a while now. So do me a favour and go check out how many hours you've logged into some of your most played games, please. If you don't mind it, that is. Or just give me an estimate if you cba to check it out :lol:

Now, obviously I can't know how many hours I've put into some of my favourite childhood games in the last 20+ years in total since older systems didn't keep track of that, so I'm just gonna mention the games I've logged the most hours in on Steam and my 3DS.

Stronghold Kingdoms: 428 hours
Football Manager 2011: 384 hours (16 full days and 51 minutes)
Animal Crossing: A New Leaf: 181:07 hours
Ultra Street Fighter IV: 158 hours

I'm kinda embarrassed to admit I spent so many hours of my life playing Stronghold Kingdoms. As for the rest of my list, not at all.

I'm positive I've put in countless hours into games such as Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, Street Fighter II, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros, Banjo-Kazooie, Star Fox 64, Mario Paint, Worms, Sim City, Sim City 2000, etc. when I was a kid, but the SNES; NES; Saturn and N64 didn't keep track of that, so I'll never know. That being said, I'm VERY POSITIVE I've broken the 100 hours barrier in the Sim City games and Worms. Maybe even SMW since I've played that game countless times in my life.

What about you?

ProphetofGanja 10-02-2017 10:07 AM

My top three games with the most logged hours are Peggle, Destiny and Sunless Sea, with well over 600 hours on each.

The closest runner ups (with nowhere near as many hours) are probably Skyrim, Portal I & II, Halo, StarCraft and Roller Coaster Tycoon

ToTheNines 10-02-2017 03:00 PM

Definitely the Jak and Daxter series. Specifically Jak 3.

EA Sports games. Mostly MVP Baseball 2004.

And I've spend too much time playing TMNT games, the first 2003 game probably got the most attention. Maybe Mutant Nightmare.

Powder 10-02-2017 04:52 PM

Animal Crossing New Leaf probably takes the cake with 879 hours, runner up might be Team Fortress 2, with 594 hours, Garry's Mod has 269.

Not sure about Nintendo console titles, but there may be something that fits in between the above. I'd love to know how much time I put into Turtles In Time, Tournament Fighters, Yoshi's Island, DKC, SMW, etc.

Prowler 10-03-2017 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1719515)
Definitely the Jak and Daxter series. Specifically Jak 3.

EA Sports games. Mostly MVP Baseball 2004.

And I've spend too much time playing TMNT games, the first 2003 game probably got the most attention. Maybe Mutant Nightmare.

Oh I'm positive I must have spent way more hours than I'm willing to admit in games like FIFA 2004, ISS 98 and Pro Evolution Soccer 5 back in the day. If I didn't spend more than 100 hours in each of them it's probably close to that mark. Over 40 hours spent in a game is a lot, imo. I "only" have about 75 hours in Pokémon Omega Ruby... but it feels like I've played it twice as much.

I didn't have the first 2k3 game. I have BattleNexus however. Mediocre game... but I played the **** out of it as a kid.I got it on the first Summer day after finishing 9th grade iirc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1719540)
Animal Crossing New Leaf probably takes the cake with 879 hours, runner up might be Team Fortress 2, with 594 hours, Garry's Mod has 269.

Not sure about Nintendo console titles, but there may be something that fits in between the above. I'd love to know how much time I put into Turtles In Time, Tournament Fighters, Yoshi's Island, DKC, SMW, etc.

Man I haven't checked my town since December. I got a bit burnt out form playing it everyday. I already have about 70% of the fish and bugs and have collected every single fossil already.

The only season I haven't played through fully is Winter. Maybe I oughta do that in 2018.

Ninjinister 10-03-2017 04:45 AM

Where can you find this out on 3DS? I don't recall seeing that option.

Even though there's no way to record it though, I'm sure across all platforms the winner would be Streets of Rage 2.

Candy Kappa 10-03-2017 05:01 AM

Skyrim, no doubt skyrim is the game I've clocked most hours in. Or maybe WoW, I was really active between 06-08 before I grew bored of the game

Prowler 10-03-2017 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1719678)
Where can you find this out on 3DS? I don't recall seeing that option.

Even though there's no way to record it though, I'm sure across all platforms the winner would be Streets of Rage 2.

In the Activity Log? Or is that an exclusive feature of the New 3DS?

Toitlefan 10-03-2017 07:29 AM

I've probably spent most of my time playing Fallout 3. I don't even want to know how many days of my life I've spent on that. I've been putting off starting Fallout 4 because I know I'm going to do the same with that game.

Prowler 10-03-2017 12:59 PM

I forgot about Pokémon Red. I've beaten that game at least 8-9 times. And by beating I mean starting a new file. It was a yearly Summer tradition of mien at some point.

Usually, I'd put in 18 to 25 hours into each playthrough of Pokémon Red. So that means I must have played pretty close to 200 hours of Pokémon Red in my whole life thus far. And if you wanna add Yellow into it, that's another 20 hours or so. So yeah, about 200 hours of my life were spent on Pokémon RBY.

CyberCubed 10-03-2017 01:09 PM

I maxed out the clock in my old Sapphire game at 999:59 hours. My Leaf Green file also has over 600 hours on it.

IndigoErth 10-03-2017 01:10 PM

Provided that MMOs count, that would definitely be WoW. Back when my schedule allowed for it more, a friend (living on the other side of the country) and I would often play much of the evening/night. Not helped by the fact that there as a three hour time difference.

At worst, there was once or twice when I didn't give up and go get a little sleep until after 12 noon, and 9am for her. lol

If I recall it think that one might count the amount of time played... Don't remember what it was though. (Though I do want to check in on it again sometime. Miss my fave characters I played.)

Prowler 10-03-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1719750)
I maxed out the clock in my old Sapphire game at 999:59 hours. My Leaf Green file also has over 600 hours on it.

Man, how did you get 1600 hours combined out of two Pokémon games? What do you even do after you beat the Elite 4 and do the post game? Do you just try to catch every single pokémon left and grind them to high levels or something? but still... 999 hours?!Do you try to beat the Elite 4 tons of different times with different party combinations or smth? Or are you one of those people who does Nuzlocke challenges when playing Pokémon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1719751)
Provided that MMOs count, that would definitely be WoW. Back when my schedule allowed for it more, a friend (living on the other side of the country) and I would often play much of the evening/night. Not helped by the fact that there as a three hour time difference.

Yes, they count. They're video games. Also, I named an MMO in my list(Stronghold Kingdoms). In fact, MMOs and MOBAs are the type of games I expect people to log the most hours in. :)

FredWolfLeonardo 10-03-2017 02:05 PM

On my current Copy of Pokemon Yellow, Red and Crystal, I have a total combined playtime of about 90 hours.

I only fully beat Yellow, and used Red/Crystal to trade with it and complete the Orginal 151 Pokedex.

Now I plan to Complete Crystal and use Gold and the Time Capsule to help me get all 251 Pokemon legitimately, except for Mew through the Mew Glitch in Red/Yellow and Celebi through Gamesharking a GS ball which triggers a hidden Celebi event never utilized outside of Japan.

Prowler 10-03-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1719762)
On my current Copy of Pokemon Yellow, Red and Crystal, I have a total combined playtime of about 90 hours.

I only fully beat Yellow, and used Red/Crystal to trade with it and complete the Orginal 151 Pokedex.

Now I plan to Complete Crystal and use Gold and the Time Capsule to help me get all 251 Pokemon legitimately, except for Mew through the Mew Glitch in Red/Yellow and Celebi through Gamesharking a GS ball which triggers a hidden Celebi event never utilized outside of Japan.

IIrc I have about... 13 hours in Silver so far? I've beaten 3 or 4 gyms so far., but found myself stuck a bit not knowing what to do next so I haven't played it in about a week or so. I bought it around the time it was released on the 3DS eshop btw.

Dunno if i'll ever get every Pokémon ever. I'm mostly focused on beating the games. As long as I get at least 70% of all the pokémon available I won't complain. Although it seems you can get A LOT of Pokémon in ORAS. Including legendaries from other gens. But still, there's exclusive Pokémon to each version. I got Omega Ruby, so no Kyogre or Lombre. Trying to catch Ho-oH atm but he is a bitch to catch. If I had known I'd have saved my master ball for him instead of using it on Rayquazza. Btw, i caught Deoxys with an Ultra Ball on my 1st try and supposedly he's the hardest pokémon to get in that game. Was I lucky?

Ninjinister 10-03-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1719684)
In the Activity Log? Or is that an exclusive feature of the New 3DS?

I don't remember seeing one. It's probably there and I'm just blind.

Prowler 10-04-2017 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1719867)
I don't remember seeing one. It's probably there and I'm just blind.

Maybe you just didn't care enough to check out most of the apps the system came with and thus overlooked it? It can happen.

Wesley 10-04-2017 10:59 AM

I'd say I'd reached around 200 hours each for most Yugioh games mainly for the GBA and DS.

Prowler 10-04-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley (Post 1719972)
I'd say I'd reached around 200 hours each for most Yugioh games mainly for the GBA and DS.

Never played a yugioh game. Are they any good?

Yugioh was a strange phenomenon. It came around the time Pokémon seemed to be cooling off a bit(around gen III?), but it didn't last for long. I also remember at the time kids in my school playing with Beyblade toys and Magic the Gathering making a comeback.

Wesley 10-04-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1719974)
Never played a yugioh game. Are they any good?

Yugioh was a strange phenomenon. It came around the time Pokémon seemed to be cooling off a bit(around gen III?), but it didn't last for long. I also remember at the time kids in my school playing with Beyblade toys and Magic the Gathering making a comeback.

Most of them are good, except Destiny Board Traveler and WCT2004. My favourite is WC2011.

Yugioh was a strange phenomenon alright. I'm not really a fan of the anime anymore, though I still like playing the video games.