The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Telltale Batman (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54773)

The Deadman 03-19-2016 10:05 AM

Telltale Batman

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...an-series.aspx

Quote:

During a panel at the SXSW gaming expo, Telltale Games finally revealed some information about its upcoming Batman series (just like the company promised it would). While Telltale says it's still too early for screenshots or video of the game, it still gave fans some interesting tidbits to think about.

A summary posted on Telltale's site breaks down the highlights from "Batman: Telltale Unmasked" presentation. It has a lot of tantalizing bits of info, like the fact that the first episode is releasing this summer, it will be rated M (with a cinematic treatment similar to an R-rated movie), and that it is a fresh interpretation of the universe untethered from any existing Batman franchise.

Of course, choice always plays a major role in Telltale's adventure games, and the studio talks a little bit about how that will work with the new game: "Each night, Bruce Wayne chooses to change Gotham for the better. The team wants to explore what the consequences are of the player’s actions when decisions made as Bruce have a critical impact on his nightly crusade as Batman, and vice versa. Certain key situations will give the player the decision to approach a scene as Bruce or Batman, with consequences for both sides."

Fans can expect to see familiar faces like Alfred, Robin, and James Gordon. There are few other details in Telltale's post, but most of the major reveals will have to wait until closer to the game's release.
I'm sure everyone has heard about this by now. Thoughts? Do you enjoy the Telltale games?

Allio 03-19-2016 12:40 PM

I enjoyed the walking dead and "fables: a wolf among us"

So this could be interesting

Diorm 03-19-2016 05:30 PM

Still waiting for the first screenshots. But the concept look nice!

PangolinFeets 03-19-2016 07:17 PM

I love everything Telltale does so I am very excited!!!!

ProactiveMan 03-21-2016 02:56 AM

I'm excited about a game that focuses on the detective side of Batman... or any form of media for that matter. He is the world's greatest detective after all, and yet he's not afforded much opportunity to detect these days.

TurtleTitan97 06-12-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Telltale has released the first screens from its Batman series.They show a style that Telltale describes as “a living, breathing comic book”

The images highlight Wayne Manor, the Batmobile, Bruce Wayne in and out of costume, as well as Catwoman. The split between shots of Batman and shots of Bruce is in line with Telltale’s goal of creating a game that focuses on both, with player decisions shaping the city Bruce encounters in daylight, and the criminals Batman encounters at night. Take a look at the screens below.

With these images came the announcement of the game’s core cast, with Troy Baker (The Last of Us) as Bruce Wayne, Laura Bailey (Tales From the Borderlands) as Selina Kyle, Travis Willingham (Ratchet & Clank) as Harvey Dent, Erin Yvette (Oxenfree) as Vicki Vale, Enn Reitel (Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots) as Alfred Pennyworth, Murphy Guyer (Red Dead Redemption) as Lieutenant James Gordon, and Richard McGonagle (Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End) as Carmine Falcone.

"We've been hard at work at Telltale creating an all-new iteration of the iconic Batman story that puts players in the suit of billionaire Bruce Wayne, just as much as it will put them behind the mask, deciding how to carefully navigate a complex drama, rich with action, crime, corruption, and villainy lurking around every corner of Gotham City," said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. "The complex life and fractured psyche of Bruce Wayne has lent itself to becoming a bold evolution of the signature 'Tellltale' role-playing experience, and we couldn't be more excited as we prepare to debut the series to players across the world this summer."

We’ll have more on Batman: A Telltale Series later on in the week after we check out its E3 2016 demo.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...-cast-revealed

Raven 06-14-2016 04:47 PM

Looks pretty sweet, haven't touched anything from telltale but looks like I'll have to before this comes out.

myconius 06-22-2016 09:38 PM

i'm still waiting for the Telltale games Walking Dead season 3.

The Deadman 06-25-2016 06:49 PM

Telltale's Batman Game Plans to Wrap Up Season 1 This Year

Quote:

Telltale's head of creative communications, Job Stauffer, has clarified the comments on Twitter. Telltale still aims to release every episode by the end of the year, but it won't sacrifice quality to meet that goal.

"[W]e're committed to a solid cadence of great content, but having the best content is priority," Stauffer told GameSpot on Twitter. "We'll work our hardest!" Stauffer also noted that the misquoted comments weren't his; they were Telltale senior director of marketing Richard Iggo's. The original story follows.

We got our first look at Batman: The Telltale Series at E3 through a series of screenshots and details, learning that we'd be able to play the first episode this summer. Now, we've learned that its whole first season will release in 2016.

Telltale head of creative communications Job Stauffer talked to GamesMaster magazine (via GamesRadar) and revealed that "we'll have all five episodes out before the end of the year." With its unspecific summer release date, that could suggest the episodes will release monthly, something that's not entirely common for the episodic developer--since 2011, only the Michonne miniseries released all of its episodes one month after another.

We saw the new Batman game at E3 and was impressed by how Telltale was serving the Bruce Wayne character. "It's easy to forget how crucial he is to making the Batman an interesting hero, even the comics are guilty of underserving his side of the story," GameSpot's Tamoor Hussain wrote. You can read the full preview here.

Batman: The Telltale Series releases this summer for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and mobile devices.

The Deadman 07-19-2016 10:31 AM

myconius 07-19-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Deadman (Post 1603714)

looks cool! hopefully they eventually release an actual disc containing the game instead of just a season pass disc?

myconius 10-19-2016 06:01 AM

i've been reading reviews.
looks like the Season pass disc is more money than just purchasing the download, and still isn't granting customers access to their purchased content. :x

glad i decided to skip this one.

The Deadman 10-19-2016 05:59 PM

Thats why you can always skip the season pass.

Allio 10-22-2016 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myconius (Post 1633687)
i've been reading reviews.
looks like the Season pass disc is more money than just purchasing the download, and still isn't granting customers access to their purchased content. :x

glad i decided to skip this one.

It isn't that much, and personally, "digital" should be cheaper than the physical copy because the lack of "production cost" of the said disk (granted, since I got it through amazon, it was cheaper than the digital purchase, so yeah.)

myconius 10-22-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allio (Post 1634357)
It isn't that much, and personally, "digital" should be cheaper than the physical copy because the lack of "production cost" of the said disk (granted, since I got it through amazon, it was cheaper than the digital purchase, so yeah.)

the big problem i have with the "Physical" copy is it's only the first episode, and you have to download the extra chapters.
so it's kind of a load of hagga.

if someone else plays a different profile on your console they won't have access to anything but that ONE funky ole chapter that's on the disc.

Allio 10-23-2016 07:56 PM

that is most definitely an issue, I can understand that. It would have been better had they waited until the series was over.

Though, is it really a "download once, and that's it?" I assume it would be stuff like the "Journey collection" where you still can download it, but it only works with the disc.

myconius 10-23-2016 08:25 PM

from what i've read only one episode is on the physical disc.
and as the new episodes get released the season pass lets you download the episodes.

from the negative feedback i've read some people have had issues with the season pass disc still trying to charge them extra money to download.

Allio 10-23-2016 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myconius (Post 1634574)
from the negative feedback i've read some people have had issues with the season pass disc still trying to charge them extra money to download.

Don't know about this, but hopefully some people know they actually have to go through the disc itself, rather than Playstation store (I was off putted as well when downloading episode 2)

myconius 10-23-2016 11:05 PM

i really hope they eventually put out the full game on a disc, but i won't be surprised if either way.

if it stays that all we get is a season pass disc release i'll probably skip the game all together?

PApagreg 10-23-2016 11:12 PM

I know I'm a little late to the party but why does Bruce Wayne look like Sterling Archer