The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Usagi Yojimbo Will NOT Be Appearing In The New Series (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39548)

Powder 10-07-2012 02:47 PM

Usagi Yojimbo Will NOT Be Appearing In The New Series

Source- http://usagiyojimbo.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6388 (Sixth post down)

When a user of the UY forums asked about a potential appearance in the new series, we got our answer.

Quote:

by Stan Sakai ยป Fri Oct 05, 2012 15:03 +0000

Usagi will not be guest starring in the TMNT TV series.
I know, not much to read. It's his business, & I guess he'd rather not go more in depth. That definitely confirms that his interest in using Usagi in the TMNT was only under the terms of working with his good friend, Peter Laird. It's a shame, I'm disappointed, but I totally understand & respect his decision. I didn't expect him to be a part of this series, and tonally, I'm not sure he would've even worked. Oh well. Just figured we could knock off the speculation, hence this thread.

Odds are in favor of that meaning a comic crossover would be out of the question too, but one never knows. I do think Bobby (of IDW) said he reached out to Stan...

alliance 10-07-2012 02:54 PM

f*ck!! Usagi is so damn beautiful whats wrong with these guys..

so peaceful is Usagi..

CyberCubed 10-07-2012 02:59 PM

I know that is a blunt statement but that's only in relative terms.

How do we know come late Seasons 2 or 3 the idea wouldn't be presented to him?

Cowabunga Carl 10-07-2012 03:02 PM

I think Powder has it about right, it was only cause he and Laird were friends the two crossed over. People need to move on and except that those days are over and that we are entering into a new age. Just cause it happened before doesn't mean it needs to happen again.

gobo 10-07-2012 03:17 PM

I always figured as much. Stan doesn't want his intellectual property targeted by the big bad corporations. Thank goodness he trusted 4KIDS with Usagi. Those were even better than his OT appearances.

MrTMNT2012 10-07-2012 03:20 PM

Biggest Dissapointment all week! And since the Voice actors are already recording the second season, Usagi will not have a chance of appearing until Season 3.

CyberCubed 10-07-2012 03:26 PM

A TMNT cartoon with no Usagi Yojimbo appearance makes me sad.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Ninjinister 10-07-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1007730)

Well... I guess we both get what we want, because

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...f-futurama.png

The Stryker 10-07-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Oh how I wish you weren't making an unfunny meme joke.

Also, is Usagi really that essential? He's pretty much Leonardo.

gobo 10-07-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Flame-baiting is against the rules.

Oculus Orbus 10-07-2012 03:37 PM

It's sad, it was always nice whenever Usagi crossed with the Turtles, but with PL out of the picture, I guess we all could see that coming.

Allio 10-07-2012 04:00 PM

Someone better pick up that phone

cause I freaking called it

but seriously, it will be sad not to have Miyamoto Usagi appeared

BubblyShell22 10-07-2012 04:06 PM

I had a feeling this would happen, but I can understand why in some respects.

Jephael 10-07-2012 04:12 PM

As much as I loved Usagi in both the classic toon and the 4Kids series, I'm kinda glad he won't be showing up this time around. I'd kinda like to see Nickelodeon make up some more original TMNT characters instead of the pre-established ones we grew up with.

Zany Orange Dude 10-07-2012 04:46 PM

Well that's kinda disappointing. I like Usagi, but oh well, can't have everything.

sdp 10-07-2012 07:05 PM

Maybe we're looking too much into the quote, he probably hasn't been approached by Nick. I think it may be harder for the producers of the show to convince Nick to let them use a character they don't own than getting him to agree.

odupianist 10-07-2012 09:46 PM

It would be interesting to see his design with the new show style.

TheCanadiandrome 10-07-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zany Orange Dude (Post 1007774)
Well that's kinda disappointing. I like Usagi, but oh well, can't have everything.

Exactly right

Powder 10-08-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1007716)
I know that is a blunt statement but that's only in relative terms. How do we know come late Seasons 2 or 3 the idea wouldn't be presented to him?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1007815)
Maybe we're looking too much into the quote, he probably hasn't been approached by Nick. I think it may be harder for the producers of the show to convince Nick to let them use a character they don't own than getting him to agree.

IDW already approached him, knowing how much fans love Usagi. I'm sure he's been contacted by others. I can understand you guys wanting to be hopeful but face it, it's not gonna happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIP, gobo (Post 1007722)
Stan doesn't want his intellectual property targeted by the big bad corporations.

& this is why.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIP, gobo (Post 1007734)
Flame-baiting is against the rules.

Then why did you make a thread mocking Cybercubed today? I know this kettle I'd really like to introduce to you.

Candy Kappa 10-08-2012 02:16 AM

We get Flaming Carrot instead :P

Would have been nice having a Usagi Yojimbo action figures, that looked a bit more accurate and had some proper articulation for a decent price.

I always find the Antarctic Press Toys Usagi figure with a high price tag on.