The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Music (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Classical Music Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56387)

Redmage1987 09-07-2016 11:57 PM

The Classical Music Thread

If there's one genre of music that I never really see talked about, it's classical. There are a ton of wonderful pieces of music from way back when. I think one thing that makes it tough to talk about classical music is that if you really like a song, it's sometimes hard to find out what the name of it is because there aren't any lyrics or anything like that to base your search off of.

Anyway, I thought this might be a fun topic to discuss some of your favorite classical music and maybe let others finally find a song of two that they couldn't find before. I'll start off with just three songs...

CyberCubed 09-08-2016 02:21 AM

This music reminds me of stuff in the old classic movies and Bugs Bunny shorts.

*NormalGamer* 09-08-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1621139)
This music reminds me of stuff in the old classic movies and Bugs Bunny shorts.

Thanks to those cartoons, that's pretty much what got me into the genre; I do listen to it on occasion. ^_^

ToTheNines 09-08-2016 04:23 PM

I've always wanted to give romantic classical and baroque stuff a try. But I wasn't sure where to start, and amazon prime has a poor selection.

Prowler 09-09-2016 10:48 PM

I really enjoy classical music, but rarely have I listened to a symphony in a whole set since, well, they tend to be quite long.

Favorites? Man I don't even know. Gustav Holst, Mahlet, Dvorak, Chopin, Claude Debussy, Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, Liszt are all great. As for more modern artists, I like Ludovico Einaudi's.

Romantic period is great and epic, but I love the simplicity of Baroque. Romantic is more about the big symphonies while Baroque is better in small doses, imo.

CyberCubed 09-09-2016 11:14 PM

While I like listening to this from time to time, I kinda lose patience with it once in a while. Basically music to be left on in the background, but I couldn't sit through it regularly.

Its amazing when you realize good pieces of music came out literally 100+ years ago.

Whatswiththeheadbands? 09-12-2016 06:11 PM

My go to classical piece

Prowler 11-30-2019 12:11 PM

I've been back to listening to classical more often lately. Think I'm gonna listen to several symphonies until the end of the year. Already listened to Mahler's first two symphonies.

Wesley 12-01-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1621920)
While I like listening to this from time to time, I kinda lose patience with it once in a while. Basically music to be left on in the background, but I couldn't sit through it regularly.

Its amazing when you realize good pieces of music came out literally 100+ years ago.

I agree, though I only started to get into classical music recently and I’ve only listened to a few short pieces so I might change my mind over time. I’ve probably heard a lot of it unintentionally from watching films and tv shows. It’s probably a good idea to do that first before trying a full opera. Ride of the Valkyries stands out to me from an episode of the Bugs Bunny shorts, The Simpsons and Yugioh. Rigoletto was also great in the Gangland episode of Spectacular Spider-Man.

Icebot 12-03-2019 02:16 PM

Not sure if these are classical but:

I like the Charlie Brown Christmas music soundtrack.

I also like Chopin, I found out about by watching an episode of the tv show Disney’s Doug.