The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NECA TMNT Street Diorama (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59609)

Lil Karai 02-17-2018 08:40 AM

NECA TMNT Street Diorama

http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/17/to...eet-dio-286868

Though it can be used for any 6-7" scale figures :)

Pointblank 02-17-2018 12:31 PM

Love this!

King Kahn 02-17-2018 07:15 PM

YES!!!!! I'll be buying as many of these as I have space for!

I Crave Pizza No More 02-18-2018 11:37 AM

Looks neat, but I have my figures hanging out on the original sewer playset. The scale is off, but it's close enough.

DonnieLaForge 02-19-2018 11:13 AM

There always have been people saying "please sell all these dios you bring to the shows." Now we will see how many of those people can put their money where their mouth is...

Did they already say how much? I'm guessing it's going to be at least $300, but probably more. I'm basing that on the 7" scale foam Space Jockey -- but that's easier to manufacture, no assembly required, minimal paint detailing, and is made of foam... So this might be closer to $500. Or maybe they would sell it as smaller sets that you can snap together however you want? It does kind of look like the panels maybe interlock?

I don't know if I will talk myself into this or not, but it's definitely cool, and if people don't support it then it will likely be the first and last attempt of its kind by NECA.

Coro 02-19-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge (Post 1747336)
There always have been people saying "please sell all these dios you bring to the shows." Now we will see how many of those people can put their money where their mouth is...

Did they already say how much? I'm guessing it's going to be at least $300, but probably more. I'm basing that on the 7" scale foam Space Jockey -- but that's easier to manufacture, no assembly required, minimal paint detailing, and is made of foam... So this might be closer to $500. Or maybe they would sell it as smaller sets that you can snap together however you want? It does kind of look like the panels maybe interlock?

I don't know if I will talk myself into this or not, but it's definitely cool, and if people don't support it then it will likely be the first and last attempt of its kind by NECA.

Im in for sure-love this idea. I also think it looks like its smaller interlocking parts. Maybe a starter kit and add ons of some sort? Either way, what they have on display there will proabably cost more than the Playmates sewer lair.

Powder 02-19-2018 12:27 PM

I'd love to have something like this, but I'm sure I won't be able to justify it. Especially when there are artists out there doing custom sets with way more detail/accessories for prices I imagine are better than what this one's will be.

TurtleWA 02-19-2018 01:16 PM

I’m thinking easy yes at $100. Maybe $150.00. Anything over that and it’s not for me.

inaheap 02-19-2018 01:28 PM

Be interesting to see if they do anything with the other side. I'd be in if the price is right. Wonder how off it would look with 4 inch figures. Also if it can work with the old turtle street set.

tmntman 02-19-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1747365)
I'd love to have something like this, but I'm sure I won't be able to justify it. Especially when there are artists out there doing custom sets with way more detail/accessories for prices I imagine are better than what this one's will be.

I doubt that this will sell for more than $200. Since it isn't technically tied to any particular license, I'd guess that it will come in for closer to $100-$150. If you can find artists who can make something like this for under $200, they are seriously undervaluing their time.

King Kahn 03-04-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge (Post 1747336)

See, I would say far less than that. The space jockey was ginormous and a huge pain to ship as it was basically 1 piece. This is normal tooling and packs into a smaller box.