The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NECA 2017 SDCC TMNT exclusive set(s) (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58008)

Powder 05-30-2017 08:41 PM

The turtles are the same, yes. Though at least Raph has new sai.

VaughnMichael 05-30-2017 09:33 PM

I really love the packaging but I'm not big on the 4 turtles.
It worked for the arcade but I feel like the SH Figuarts TMNT look more like the CBS episodes that I love and remember.
I guess these are a little closer to the first season but slightly off.
The Villains set is where it's at for me even if there are things that I would personally fix or tweak on each of the toys presented.
I'm still more than certain that I will pull the trigger and buy a set.
Here's to hoping for more figures for NYC comicon!

cloud 05-30-2017 10:00 PM

I'm getting excited by the SDCC set and feel it's kinda cool that they pay homage to the vintage collector case packaging.
I understand the frustration by how hard it is to get the exclusive if you are outside of US. Heck even if you live in US it won't be easy.
Here's hope that the "small quantities" available online is a legal thing they have to say and not actually meaning it.
I remember last year's NYCC box set wasn't too hard to get and don't recall it being sold out too fast.

I'm just a bit concerned with the shipping cost. I remember it wasn't cheap with the NYCC set.

I also don't understand why people think the Playmates classics line was crappy. I thought they were pretty cool. I end up buying a 2nd Raphael figure.

donatello_tmnt 05-30-2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 1686582)
I'm getting excited by the SDCC set and feel it's kinda cool that they pay homage to the vintage collector case packaging.
I understand the frustration by how hard it is to get the exclusive if you are outside of US. Heck even if you live in US it won't be easy.
Here's hope that the "small quantities" available online is a legal thing they have to say and not actually meaning it.
I remember last year's NYCC box set wasn't too hard to get and don't recall it being sold out too fast.

I'm just a bit concerned with the shipping cost. I remember it wasn't cheap with the NYCC set.

I also don't understand why people think the Playmates classics line was crappy. I thought they were pretty cool. I end up buying a 2nd Raphael figure.

The classics line was crappy because the figures looked awful, and they didn't release enough villains

cloud 05-31-2017 12:51 AM

I get that the classics line was a bit too big to fit in 6" scale because they were literally 6" tall. But the sculpts were good and I think initially the turtles sold pretty well.
The villains part came after.

donatello_tmnt 05-31-2017 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 1686600)
I get that the classics line was a bit too big to fit in 6" scale because they were literally 6" tall. But the sculpts were good and I think initially the turtles sold pretty well.
The villains part came after.

The sculpts barely resemble the FW series

ProactiveMan 05-31-2017 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 (Post 1686506)
But like Candy Kappa and SSKakarot said, us Europeans are going to be royally fleeced.

Exactly. Try living in Australia. Retail is getting too expensive for me, let alone the secondary market. I really want these things, but I think I might be priced out.

SS Kakarot 05-31-2017 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProactiveMan (Post 1686609)
Exactly. Try living in Australia. Retail is getting too expensive for me, let alone the secondary market. I really want these things, but I think I might be priced out.

Same here, I guess eBay is the only way for people outside the US to try and get this set.

I ended up paying $210 for the Neca Villains set (including shipping and import costs), this new set contains 8 figures and they are packaged in a big box so I can't imagine getting it for less then $400. :tcry:

Raptor86 05-31-2017 02:51 AM

All the previous boxsets (SDCC and NYCC) have been sold through Aliexpress after some time...so I'll wait :D

Leolead 05-31-2017 05:55 AM

Looking awesome

Fozzy Badfeet 05-31-2017 08:00 AM

Anyone know of the ETA of when pre-orders open in June? I want to try and get them for retail.

Lil Karai 05-31-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozzy Badfeet (Post 1686647)
Anyone know of the ETA of when pre-orders open in June? I want to try and get them for retail.

Date has not been announced yet.

Bran The Man 05-31-2017 09:09 AM

Awesome set. I really like the way the turtles and Shredder look.

I understand the price but I can't tell you this doesn't suck. Especially since they going to charge once you order. I can't come up with $200 that fast. I guess I'll have to hope to find these for a good price on Ebay in the coming months.

I hope that I can get these eventually.

D Piddy 1982 05-31-2017 10:23 AM

I have no problem with the price. $200 = $25 per figure.

The problem I have is getting hold of the damn things for as close to $200 as possible because I'm outside the US!

Candy Kappa 05-31-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewizzle88 (Post 1686489)
The art looks like Ken Mitchroney to me but I am not certain of that.

Yeah, it's him.

SS Kakarot 05-31-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 (Post 1686665)
I have no problem with the price. $200 = $25 per figure.

The problem I have is getting hold of the damn things for as close to $200 as possible because I'm outside the US!

Same here, $200 is a fair price for eight figures and a box like this.
The problem is indeed the shipping costs, and the price that eBay sellers are going to ask for it. :tsad:

How is everyone outside the US planning to get this set?
I wish Neca would have an online store like Threezero for example.

EddieNES 05-31-2017 01:30 PM

Anyone remember if the last online sold were 1 per customer?

TheMasterTurtle 05-31-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieNES (Post 1686772)
Anyone remember if the last online sold were 1 per customer?

they were 2 per, just like these will be. I believe it was 2 per card and/or 2 per address

sdp 05-31-2017 02:34 PM

Well the NECA online store doesn't ship to my country so I'm SOL. The price is definitely fair.

TurtleWA 05-31-2017 04:41 PM

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...22743857788008

Looks like the quantity produced for this set will be 5,000. Now I wonder how many NECA will have online and how many saved for SDCC? I think that number is plenty to go around.