The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   The Technodrome News (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Technodrome's 19th Anniversary (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60637)

Krang 10-31-2018 10:55 AM

The Technodrome's 19th Anniversary
 
Besides being Halloween, today is also The Technodrome's nineteenth anniversary! Thank you to everyone who has contributed content to our site, posted on our forums, and visited throughout the years. We appreciate your support and participation!

Candy Kappa 10-31-2018 11:33 AM

Happy 19th anniversary!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 10-31-2018 12:45 PM

This website kicked off when to most TMNT fans, TMNT was mostly a childhood memory. To most of us, there was just:

The cartoon (Fred Wolf series)

The comics (Archie, most of us weren't aware of Mirage)

The films (New Line Cinema trilogy)

The live-action television series (for those who were aware of Next Mutation, I wasn't)

The Toys (original Playmates toyline)

Simplier times? :)

Papenbrook 10-31-2018 01:44 PM

Happy birthday, Technodrome!

We're almost the exact same age. :D

Optimus Primer 11-02-2018 07:27 PM

Happy Birthday!

Wesley 11-04-2018 10:38 AM

Happy 19th anniversary.

DarkFell 11-04-2018 03:23 PM

Happy belated 19th to the multi-tire treading disco ball of doom.

Kenwatanabesclone 11-04-2018 03:41 PM

Happy Anniversary!

frank_one 11-04-2018 07:45 PM

This forum was born during the darkest period for the franchise. The next mutation had been a mess of a show the year before, Volume 3 closed before reaching a proper ending and nothing else was produced that year or the following one. No toys on the shelves, no cartoon on tv, no comics: turtle mania was over.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 11-05-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank_one (Post 1782166)
This forum was born during the darkest period for the franchise. The next mutation had been a mess of a show the year before, Volume 3 closed before reaching a proper ending and nothing else was produced that year or the following one. No toys on the shelves, no cartoon on tv, no comics: turtle mania was over.

By that time, TMNT was nothing else than a childhood memory for many of us.

Icebot 11-08-2018 11:29 AM

Happy anniversary! Looking forward to the 20 year anniversary next year!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 11-08-2018 12:54 PM

Dark years
 
Here's a perspective on how the dark years were, in a time with Internet, but not everyone had broadband and getting episode access wasn't that easy (unless you had saved old videotapes and laserdiscs).

In this fanfiction story, the writer refers to Krang's base as the Thunderdome, even if we all know the Technodrome is one of the most iconic locations of the Fred Wolf series.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/939297/...ant-Chronicles

Wesley 11-09-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1782429)
Here's a perspective on how the dark years were, in a time with Internet, but not everyone had broadband and getting episode access wasn't that easy (unless you had saved old videotapes and laserdiscs).

In this fanfiction story, the writer refers to Krang's base as the Thunderdome, even if we all know the Technodrome is one of the most iconic locations of the Fred Wolf series.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/939297/...ant-Chronicles

I didnít realize it was so hard for most people to watch episodes of the show back then, as it was regularly rerun on RT… Two in Ireland from the mid 90s to late 00s, though I agree those years were still dark times for tmnt with no new show out.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 11-09-2018 02:59 PM

Republic of Ireland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley (Post 1782483)
I didnít realize it was so hard for most people to watch episodes of the show back then, as it was regularly rerun on RT… Two in Ireland from the mid 90s to late 00s, though I agree those years were still dark times for tmnt with no new show out.

I think people living in the Republic of Ireland during the late-1990's and early-2000's just had good luck.

I recall rediscovering TMNT in late-2003, just some weeks before Christmas, and early-2004. All I wanted was to watch the 4 Kids series, and the later Fred Wolf seasons who never aired in Sweden when I was a child and it wasn't that easy. The day of limited access are only circa 15 years behind, and were still the rule until Youtube kicked off in late-May 2005.

Klunk1234 11-09-2018 06:11 PM

Happy 19th Birthday! If the technodrome was a human, it would been the last year as a teenager.

JJJonesSuperRad 11-11-2018 12:05 PM

Happy BDay Technodrome!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.