The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How likely is it that one of the shorts will be the basis for a reboot? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56069)

neatoman 07-31-2016 04:26 PM

How likely is it that one of the shorts will be the basis for a reboot?

So instead of a new season being announced at SDCC we got three new shorts, all of which seem to deviate from the current cartoon. As we know, shorts are often used as pilots for cartoons and since we really don't know if the show will continue after season 5, it really makes me wonder if the shorts are silently intended to be concepts for a new show.

What do you think? Could these shorts really be the first signs of a reboot in the near future?

Spoiler:

CyberCubed 07-31-2016 04:32 PM

None. They were purposely made to be fun alternate takes, that's all.

If they didn't make Half-Shell heroes its own series when it got a 1 hour episode, they won't do it for this.

neatoman 07-31-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1609229)
None. They were purposely made to be fun alternate takes, that's all.

If they didn't make Half-Shell heroes its own series when it got a 1 hour episode, they won't do it for this.

Half-Shell Heroes was just produced to be a commercial for a set of toys they couldn't market with the actual show due to budget constraints, this seems different. I mean if the point was just to make shorts, why now when the show (and the brand in general) isn't doing so hot? Why make make them noticably different from the show? Why three of them? Why so late with announcing season 6?

Even if these shorts won't form the basis for a reboot, something's up with the show's future.

CyberCubed 07-31-2016 04:54 PM

Nothing is up in the shows future. They're also not going to do a cartoon over CG animation.

Splinter the boss 07-31-2016 05:00 PM

I didn't even bother finishing the first short. It's simply dull.

victory_angel 07-31-2016 05:10 PM

I don't think these shorts were meant to be anything beyond just a little bit of fun they can share online and at the con for our patience during this hiatus.

But you may be partially right. They could be an experiment of different formats for the show itself to garner a possibility of a future incarnations.

I personally liked the Auman short as a potential anime version of the series as opposed to the two part ova that was unleashed in Japan years ago.

http://s1.dmcdn.net/kyT1.jpg

ToTheNines 07-31-2016 05:19 PM

I bet the show gets cancelled after season 6 and the Raph bs. Don short gets the nod to go into production as a series.

Powder 07-31-2016 07:44 PM

I hope not, unless Turtles Take Time is the one they go with. That was perfect.

IndigoErth 07-31-2016 08:49 PM

If anything... I'd be the least surprised over the more grown-looking version in the 'Time' short. Sooner or later a next series with young adult-looking and acting Turtles will be refreshing again after all the Nick angst. lol But if they were inspired by those in that short... at least cut back on the PD-like steroids a bit. (If they'd be inspired by PD at all for a series, there is definitely fan art out there I would not mind seeing them take inspiration from instead.)

FredWolfLeonardo 07-31-2016 11:24 PM

No. I don't think Pizza Friday and Raph vs Don are worthy if being rebooted into a new show, I see them as seperate tiny universes just made for laughs and not intended to be entirely seperate large scale universe like FW, 4kids or Nick.

I found the turtles in time short to be too similar to the Nick show to be eligible for a reboot, but the only part which I think has potential to turn into a seperate reboot is the short bit with the turtles being drawn like the bay/4kids in anime style.

Andrew NDB 08-01-2016 12:23 AM

If anything, testing the waters for the artistic stylings of the next Nicktoon.

Candy Kappa 08-01-2016 04:52 AM

I'd love a mini series of Raph vs Don, but beyond that I'm good. They where fun shorts, but nothing that'd would be any interesting as a full series.

shredder orokusaki 08-01-2016 06:23 AM

I thinkthat short where the i fight the tutrles i mean the one who they look like monsters will be morel likely to be a reboot. And this time i will kill the turtles once and for all!!!

lonewarrior20 08-01-2016 07:43 AM

the most we would get would be a movie like the revisioned tomb raider series or Batman: Gotham Knight

Sabacooza 08-01-2016 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki (Post 1609386)
And this time i will kill the turtles once and for all!!!

Keep dreaming Shredder baby. Keep dreaming.

IndigoErth 08-02-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki (Post 1609386)
I thinkthat short where the i fight the tutrles i mean the one who they look like monsters will be morel likely to be a reboot. And this time i will kill the turtles once and for all!!!

Go home, "Shredder," you're drunk.

sdp 04-13-2017 06:51 PM

less than a year from when this thread was started a new animated show is announced that is described as I very much think that the new show will be similar to these shorts. Comedy focused but they still have action and a story inside them. I also think the new show might be 12 minutes shorts each. |

I'd absolutely love it if it was like the time scepter short as it has my favorite art style. Now I don't think Rise of the TMNT will necessarily be like any of the shorts but I do think it'll be similar in tone.

CyberCubed 04-13-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1676574)
less than a year from when this thread was started a new animated show is announced that is described as I very much think that the new show will be similar to these shorts. Comedy focused but they still have action and a story inside them. I also think the new show might be 12 minutes shorts each. |

I'd absolutely love it if it was like the time scepter short as it has my favorite art style. Now I don't think Rise of the TMNT will necessarily be like any of the shorts but I do think it'll be similar in tone.

I'm sure whatever format the new show is in, it won't be anything like these shorts.

ProphetofGanja 04-13-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1676583)
I'm sure whatever format the new show is in, it won't be anything like these shorts.

I don't think any of them were intended to be the outright basis of a pilot, simply a way for them to test the waters and find the sweet spot that they're aiming for with the new series

Cyndaquilfan123 04-13-2017 10:42 PM

I think in a way they were trials for them to get a idea of what they want to go for.