The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Live Action Dumbo Movie (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51419)

Vicky82 03-10-2015 01:53 PM

Live Action Dumbo Movie

Yes! There is going to be a live action Dumbo remake. :roll:

Pretty strange decision and there seemed to be a lot of upcoming live action Disney Films but i'm hoping this will lead to a live action Gargoyles movie.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/...tegy/?mod=e2tw

Quote:

Disney is betting that the man to make you believe an elephant can fly is Tim Burton.

The filmmaker behind “Pee Wee’s Big Adventure,” “Batman,” “Big Eyes” and “Alice in Wonderland” will direct Disney’s coming live-action remake of “Dumbo,” Walt Disney Pictures president of production Sean Bailey said.

“Dumbo,” which is still in development and doesn’t have a release date, is one of a number of new films based on Disney animated classics that the studio has in the works, including this week’s “Cinderella,” next year’s “The Jungle Book” and “Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass,” and a new “Beauty and the Beast” expected in 2017.

Amaranthus 03-10-2015 01:55 PM

The movie industry has officially turned into one big joke.

Candy Kappa 03-10-2015 02:00 PM

Disney is making a whole lot of live-action adaptations of their animated movies, it's seems a bit saturated and might loose it's interest real quick.

plastroncafe 03-10-2015 02:01 PM

Someone wake me when we get Hall of Presidents: The Movie.

Oooh, or Big Thunder Mountain!

snake 03-10-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1430827)
Someone wake me when we get Hall of Presidents: The Movie.

Oooh, or Big Thunder Mountain!

Maybe a haunted mansion movie that's a little more inspired than the previous one? Don't get me wrong, I love that one, but I can think of a lot of cool ideas for a HM movie.

Bry 03-10-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1430826)
Disney is making a whole lot of live-action adaptations of their animated movies, it's seems a bit saturated and might loose it's interest real quick.

Yeah, I've gotta wonder how long this trend will last once the novelty wears off. I don't have much interest in Cinderella, but I do get the appeal. But it mostly feels like a "look what we can do now!" kind of thing to me, anyway.

But I've been wrong before!

Candy Kappa 03-10-2015 02:30 PM

I think Beuty and the Beast is the one I'm. Ost interested in, especially since how much the Disney's first movie had so much inspiration from the Jean Cocteau movie, although there is already a adaptation of Cocteau's movie. It's still interesting to see how Disney will retackle the story.

IndigoErth 03-10-2015 02:34 PM

Wut..? Um. So that either needs to be incredibly well done or will probably bomb very easily. Disney must be bored.

What they need to do is make more movies based on their rides. No, hear me out... picture this: the movie loosely based on the Small Wonder ride themes. But as a horror. :goof:

senpai 03-10-2015 03:41 PM

I don't like it when animals have to act. I feel like it's another form of abuse. Let the animals alone. They don't understand entertainment! They just want food.

Shred Head 03-10-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senpai (Post 1430879)
I don't like it when animals have to act. I feel like it's another form of abuse. Let the animals alone. They don't understand entertainment! They just want food.

Dont worry there wont be any animals. It will be all CG. How the hell you can cal it live action without something actually being real? Beats the hell out of me but Disney will do it.

IndigoErth 03-10-2015 04:08 PM

Yeah, I figured CGI animals (really, how else would you make a real elephant calf fly? lol not to mention make the mother interact similarly as the cartoon) and I guess the usual real people. Maybe "live audience" is a better term.

oldmanwinters 03-10-2015 04:10 PM

"I thought I'd seen everything..."

Slade 03-10-2015 05:30 PM

Can't get with this...just can't do it.

TheSkeletonMan939 03-10-2015 05:33 PM

But, why?

Who would watch this?

Katie 03-10-2015 05:46 PM

Hmmmmmm. Wonder if they'll have those racist crows.

I be done seen bout evr thing when I seen an elephant fly

mexichrist83 03-10-2015 07:32 PM

A live action remake of "Dumbo" directed by total hack, Tim Burton, and written by Ehren Kruger, the writer of 3 of the Transformers movies, you say?

It's like they want this movie to be absolute horse sh!t. Then again all of these live action remakes of their own animated classics are horse sh!t and this is coming from someone who did not grow up with these classics and could care less about them. Just come up with something new and interesting!

senpai 03-10-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shred Head (Post 1430886)
Dont worry there wont be any animals. It will be all CG. How the hell you can cal it live action without something actually being real? Beats the hell out of me but Disney will do it.

Oh. :) Whew! I think they should just go all out CG in that case. I mean, might as well, right? *shrugs*

Shred Head 03-11-2015 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowbones83 (Post 1430973)
written by Ehren Kruger, the writer of 3 of the Transformers movies, you say?

Wait your telling me a guy who had a hand in Mudflap and Skidz and many other racist jokes in Transformers will handle those crows. Oh god I now need to see this movie the comedy gold this trainwreck could provide will be amazing.

Bry 03-11-2015 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowbones83 (Post 1430973)
A live action remake of "Dumbo" directed by total hack, Tim Burton, and written by Ehren Kruger, the writer of 3 of the Transformers movies, you say?

You're telling me those movies had a writer?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/0...elieve-you.gif

And y'know, I used to like Tim Burton. Quite a lot. And I've still got a lot of fondness for his early work. Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe the shine just came off the apple, I dunno. But I still feel like his late '80s/early '90s work holds up pretty well. But lately... man. His whole New Disney Era is bringing out the absolute worst in him, creatively.

DarkLightDragon 03-11-2015 08:01 AM

^I have to agree. One could say his version of Alice in Wonderland being a worldwide success is probably the reason why we're seeing so many live-action remakes of Classic Disney films.