The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Live Action Aladdin coming (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56627)

Autbot_Benz 10-10-2016 01:28 PM

Live Action Aladdin coming

You guys called it! Many of the comments on this article about Disney's new take on The Lion King rightly predicted that Aladdin would be next, and Deadline just broke the news that Guy Ritchie (Snatch, Sherlock Holmes, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword) is being lined up to helm a live-action adaptation of the Oscar-winning 1992 animated classic.

No other details have been provided, but best of luck to the actor they cast to follow the late Robin Williams' performance as The Genie.

Disney really do seem to be working their way through their back-catalog of films, and also have live-action interpretations of Beauty and The Beast and Mulan in the pipeline. What's next? let us know what you think in the usual place.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fanta...ion-of-a145863

Cure 10-10-2016 01:29 PM

I'm excited to see a live action Jasmine. Yeeeeeeah boy.

Autbot_Benz 10-10-2016 01:31 PM

I hate this Aladdin is my all time favorite disney animated movie. I don't care who they cast as Genie nobody beats Robin Williams as him

Disney is really running out of ideas if they have to make all there animated movies live action

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-10-2016 01:37 PM

How about Lewis Black as the genie? :tlol:

CyberCubed 10-10-2016 01:40 PM

They better cast all arabs and muslims as the main characters. The political correctness bashlash will be through the roof otherwise.

The Sultan flat out says, "Praise Allah" in the movie.

sdp 10-10-2016 01:45 PM

No references to the middle east setting outside stuff like buildings etc. Jazmine will be latina with a white complex and no midriff bearing.

Still I think their live action movies have been pretty well at adapting the stories so I'm up for it.

CyberCubed 10-10-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1631837)
No references to the middle east setting outside stuff like buildings etc. Jazmine will be latina with a white complex and no midriff bearing.

Still I think their live action movies have been pretty well at adapting the stories so I'm up for it.

Jasmine's outfit is actually pretty suggestive when worn by a real life woman. She's basically wearing a bra for a top the entire movie.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-10-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1631838)
Jasmine's outfit is actually pretty suggestive when worn by a real life woman. She's basically wearing a bra for a top the entire movie.

You really need to get out more. :tlol:

plastroncafe 10-10-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Though the names of its chief characters are Iranian, the frame story is probably Indian, and the largest proportion of names is Arabic. The tales’ variety and geographical range of origin—India, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Turkey, and possibly Greece—make single authorship unlikely; this view is supported by internal evidence—the style, mainly unstudied and unaffected, contains colloquialisms and even grammatical errors such as no professional Arabic writer would allow.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/The...and-One-Nights

With the same source listing Aladdin as being the...
Quote:

son of a deceased Chinese tailor and his poor widow, Aladdin is a lazy, careless boy who meets an African magician claiming to be his uncle. The magician brings Aladdin to the mouth of a cave and bids him enter and bring out a wonderful lamp that is inside, giving him a magic ring for his safety in the meantime.
So there's a whole lot of casting opportunities there.

Andrew NDB 10-10-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1631837)

Yeah, and watch it be Gary Oldman in brownface for Jaffar.

Raph's Girl 10-10-2016 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cure (Post 1631833)
I'm excited to see a live action Jasmine. Yeeeeeeah boy.

And you will in 2 weeks on Once Upon A Time (Aladdin is a savior so Jasmin's probably gonna die. Bad enough Jafar is the son of the Sultan...Unless that has been retconned) Or you can just watch "Kid in Aladdin's Palace", The Descendants stuff or any of the other live action Aladdin related films that have come out over the years.

In the UK there's an excellent live action Aladdin series called Jamillah and Aladdin. It's set in Baghdad about this modern day girl of Indian (the country) descent who inherits the lamp and has adventures in the past (the Genie's powers barely work right since he was in the lamp for like 1000 years). 2 seasons so far.

Cure 10-10-2016 02:31 PM

The joke was that I was being a dirty pervert, but now it's just weird that you're all like "there's other material for you to look at!"

MikeandRaph87 10-10-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1631835)
How about Lewis Black as the genie? :tlol:

Bill Hader is the only choice!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-10-2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1631856)
Bill Hader is the only choice!

Nah, Lewis Black would be awesome. Or maybe Kevin Hart.

Trying to think outside the box on this...

Vicky82 10-10-2016 03:20 PM

Another movie I like to see in live action but come on Disney WE NEED A LIVE ACTION GARGOYLES MOVIE PLEASE.

Guy Ritchie is directing a Disney Movie :-?

That's pretty strange. I don't think he's a great director but I did enjoy Snatch and Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels though.

TigerClaw 10-10-2016 04:36 PM

Hopefully Disney will find someone of middle eastern descent to play Aladdin.

snake 10-10-2016 04:50 PM

I'm with Cure :lol:

Wildcat 10-10-2016 10:14 PM

Cool this was the live action redo I wanted most. Aladdin is the Disney movie I liked most growing up.

Not that I don't like the others. Lion King should be cool too.

retr0pia75 10-10-2016 10:37 PM

Why are these necessary? I mean, given how they're still making these even though Alice Through The Looking Glass flopped, it can't just be brand recgonition or money.

drgon78 10-11-2016 05:04 AM

Without Robbin Williams as the genie there is no point to this movie and it is an insult to his memory to do it now.