The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   The Technodrome News (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Baxter Stockman & Usagi Yojimbo Prototype Revealed!! (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=8853)

Splinter 04-13-2004 06:44 PM

Baxter Stockman & Usagi Yojimbo Prototype Revealed!!

Don't jump for joy yet....because the Baxter is majorly toon inaccurate. The body he comes with doesn't match -any- of his cartoon appearances. And the head looks terrible. So no hope for a headswap with a Utrom Exoskeleton. It looks more like a psychotic Krang's bubblewalker. Seriously, I'm starting to lose major faith in the line. It started so strong too, and now it's starting to stumble. I can't really say much more, the pictures speak for themselves. Playmates, you wound me. At least Usagi is cool.

Baxter Stockman Prototype 1
Baxter Stockman Prototype 2
Usagi Yojimbo Wax Sculpt

Demonfox38 04-13-2004 07:01 PM

:o Oh holy hannah, what the crap happened to Stockman?!

Usagi looks good. :) I will have to get him.

Kid Icarus 04-13-2004 07:07 PM

Aug.... there were so many cool Stockman versions they could have made... why did they make that god awful one? It looks like he was made with scrap pieces from old toys >_>.

But Usagi saves the day. I really hope he has jointed shoulders though, like the first wave had. I really like the two sword idea, very cool. Wasn't Usagi a samurai of sorts? If so, it's a nice little detail.

Derugo 04-13-2004 07:13 PM

From what I remember, yeah Usagi was a Samurai/Ninja dude, and I have to agree, what in the world happened to Stockman?! I mean, Fly Stockman was better looking than that thing!!! Oh dear... But, again, Usagi does look good.

Machias Banshee 04-13-2004 07:14 PM

Its gotta be something from third season, it has to be!! :o

Kid Icarus 04-13-2004 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derugo
From what I remember, yeah Usagi was a Samurai/Ninja dude, and I have to agree, what in the world happened to Stockman?! I mean, Fly Stockman was better looking than that thing!!! Oh dear... But, again, Usagi does look good.

Samurai and Ninja are diffrent ;). Samurai were more of soldiers, where Ninja would be like sec. ops.

I'm thinking he was/is a samurai though, hence the two swords. That was a way to tell a samurai apart from the lower classes.

tOkKa 04-13-2004 07:40 PM

-->> .. I KINDA LIKE THE THOUGHT OF A UNIQUE STOCKMAN FIG.. :sick: :dead: :evilgrin:
http://www.toydreams.co.uk/images/mo...se/modulok.jpg
P.S. ..
there's an old Toy from the original 'MOTU' line calle Modulok .. he had peices and parts and guns and arms and mix and match legs and heads and toros and stuff .. and you baisically made your own monster figure with all the body puzzle peices..

..that may be the case here.. and like Splint said.. maybe the head comes off and fits onto an Utrom body.. whatever the case.. a mix and match make-your-own mad scientist sounds pretty cool to me..

there is such a thing as play-value.. TMNT is majorly directed twords kids.. kids need to play.. not just display....so if there is an 'off screen' accessory.. or what-not..i don't think it's such a big deal..
..it's the name of the game.. i just hope people keep that in mind before they pass all judgement on the TMNT toys.. :D

VaughnMichael 04-13-2004 08:10 PM

I'm not as dissapointed as I would be if we got that damn stupid spider baxter this looks like some kind of space gear baxter stockman or something and I actully quite like it not so much as I would like normal baxter or giant robo baxter but this thing is really neet looking...
and I'm sorry but the Usagi Yojimbo figure that came out from anartic looks better then the playmates one....I like baxter more then the Usagi figure...and I'll prolly be the only one to say that.
-Vaughn Michael

Jo Dawn 04-13-2004 08:17 PM

Hmm... not liking the Baxter too much. I agree, there were so many cool things they could've done with his figure... Maybe it'll change?? :-?

Anyway, I like the Usagi figure! I'll definitly be buying that! :)

Orochi Chimera 04-13-2004 08:21 PM

Baxter looks weird and interesting. Usagi looks ok minus the bunny mess on the floor. [sarcasm] Hopefully that won't be a special feature of the figure [/sarcasm]. :kgrin:

tOkKa 04-13-2004 08:23 PM

-->> Putrascent is right..

http://www.moviemerchants.de/auktionen/images/1199.jpg

.. the old Antarctic Usagi is too much vonDERful.. <3 <3 <3

..and if these are just the Protos.. hang in there with Baxter.. just wait til' it comes out..

..if it sucks as much when the actual toy hits the pegs.. thn fine..it's a bad fig.. don't get upset at the unproduced protos.. THE TOYS AREN'T FINISHED!!

..eesh.. :roll:

Orochi Chimera 04-13-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zREAL-tOkKa

That one does look better

VaughnMichael 04-13-2004 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orochichimera
Quote:

That one does look better

Well, that's because that one is comic accurate and this one from playmates will be from the show...& I am really betting Baxter will come with changable parts I'd love to see that if he does that would be awsome or if it transforms wow thatd be great in any case though I still like him.
-Vaughn Michael

Mr. Stay Puft 04-13-2004 11:04 PM

Holy Satan!! Baxter looks like $#!+ (sorry for the language, butcrap wasn't a strong enough word to describe it)!!

Barkworm 04-14-2004 12:15 AM

That Stockman thing has to be one of the worst toys of any toyline ever. *pukes*

tOkKa 04-14-2004 04:07 AM

-->> :goofygri: :goofygri: :goofygri: ..oooo.. so solly..

here..i get bag.. you guys go puker on that yeah that be good for you to puke on boss for sure..

.. or poop it so i may fling back at ..

http://www.bullymag.com/11.15.02/colostomy.gif

raphael_is_cool 04-14-2004 04:27 AM

Quote:

there's an old Toy from the original 'MOTU' line calle Modulok .. he had peices and parts and guns and arms and mix and match legs and heads and toros and stuff .. and you baisically made your own monster figure with all the body puzzle peices..

:o I have that toy :D

Usagi looks awesome...Baxter however, meh

Bourgeois Buffoon 04-14-2004 05:55 AM

I don't mind Baxter's body so much as the head (which needs to have a more accurate look IMO). See, I could always use a good mess of a figure like that during childhood playtime as, well, a desperation guy on the brink of death wanting revenge.

....I actually mean that, sadly.

Usagi I don't care about, admitedly. Decent looks, happily.

Bry 04-14-2004 06:25 AM

Yikes.

Baxter looks... lame. Yes, lame. Considering that we're looking at a fully-painted plastic prototype, we're probably looking at something pretty close to the final product. And that's unfortunate.

However, I understand that a freaky robot body with six arms and random claws, guns, and pointy things popping out of it will have more 'play value' for the kiddies than a guy in a labcoat. We can only hope that they'll do some other Baxter variants in the future (and between Original Baxter, Utrom Body Baxter, Giant Freakin' Robot Baxter, Wheelchair Baxter, and Spider Baxter, there's plenty of potential there - let's just hope it's taken advantage of).

Usagi, however, is looking bloody good!

Peanut 04-14-2004 07:23 AM

I'm digging Usagi quite a bit, but Baxter is a no go. They didn't even get the head right! I have very little extra cash and I've already made my list of TMNT figures I will spring for. Usagi has made the list. Unfortunatly poor ol' Baxter has not.