The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   TMNT references (Newly Merged Catch All Thread) (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=5424)

Jo Dawn 09-29-2003 07:06 PM

TMNT references (Newly Merged Catch All Thread)

On the show "Two and a Half Men", the episode started out with Charlie Sheen's character and his nephew at the piano. Charlie Sheen tells the boy he'll play him a song, and he starts playing and singing the old TMNT cartoon theme song!

A bit later in the show, they're playing a game called "sockball" . Sheen tells the boy that he has the obvious disadvantage because: "you're short, and you don't know who the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtls are".

It was tiny, and quick, but I thought it was cool that they used them. :)

Jo

XERO 09-29-2003 07:09 PM

That's awesome!

Charlie Sheen was always cool... :D

Jo Dawn 09-29-2003 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benvenuto
That's awesome!

Charlie Sheen was always cool... :D

:nod: Agreed on both comments.

*Looks up at the title of her subject* TINY?! No TMNT television reference is tiny! :lol:

It's already been a long week and it's only Monday... :wink:

Raven 09-29-2003 07:22 PM

dammit, I missed it! ah well watching raw was fun also.

TMNTGal 09-29-2003 07:53 PM

Ha ha I saw that too. :P

Jephael 09-29-2003 07:58 PM

Aw man, I was channel surfing and went right passed that show. Can't believe I missed the TMNT reference! :tneutral:
Oh well, maybe I'll catch it some other time.

GK Punk 09-29-2003 08:27 PM

They made a reference on WWE Confidential a few weeks back.

Tajiri was interviewed by Sho Funaki (WWE Smackdown... NUMBA 1 ANNOUNCA!) Funaki Asked these questions:

"Which is your favorite Pokemon?"

Tajiri replied (In japanese of course) "Pikachu, he's liltte yellow furry, and cute. and he can shoot lightning bolts"

"Who would win in a fight, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Pikachu"
Tajiri replied: "All Four against 1?? Well.. I guess Pikachu, he can shoot lightning out of his ass."

Funaki just laughed at his answer.

ThirdMarioBro 09-29-2003 09:18 PM

I don't like Tajiri now. mUST...KILL....POKEMON (hehehe)

XERO 09-30-2003 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro
I don't like Tajiri now. mUST...KILL....POKEMON (hehehe)

That's what SSBM is for... 8)

Reznorite420 09-30-2003 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunger_kittie
"Who would win in a fight, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Pikachu"
Tajiri replied: "All Four against 1?? Well.. I guess Pikachu, he can shoot lightning out of his ass."

BLASPHEMY!

jeff the cheff 09-30-2003 02:20 PM

the tmnt would definatly beat that little pokeman

Kid Icarus 09-30-2003 02:26 PM

well.... the turtles would be water/fighting types if converted... and pikachu being electric, and having a huge advantage agaisn't water types, would sadly wipe the board with them. not saying its right, but thats how it would go.

Voltron 09-30-2003 04:33 PM

Donatello could use his bo to ground the electricity, and then beath the **** out of Pikachu...

XERO 09-30-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Donatello could use his bo to ground the electricity, and then beath the sh** out of Pikachu...

Definitely.

Plus, the TMNT are way smarter than Pukemon :P , and more wiser.

Then only ones they would PROBABLY have trouble with are Mew and Mewtwo.

Raphaella 09-30-2003 05:07 PM

Lol, TMNT wud definitely beat Pikachus round lil yella ass!

I always find that when TMNT is mentioned on some other show that it's real cool. It was used in Saved By The Bell, someone called,er - wass that guys name?? skreech? yar, him, they called him a Teenage Mutant Ninja Dork, and then in other episode I think it was said that Skreech had Ninja Turtle posters. I'm like, always jumping to the remote to up the volume when I hear TMNT mentioned, heh.

Jephael 09-30-2003 05:14 PM

I remember checking out the Futurama episode titles and there was actually one titled "Teenage Mutant Leela's Hurdles", which I think was recent.

jeff the cheff 09-30-2003 05:45 PM

you guys are fools. Any of the pokemon would get dominated by any ninja turtle. I dont care about their little powers..they cant do anything cause they are just little pokemon bitches.

RskimB 09-30-2003 05:55 PM

Of course the turtles would win pokemon don't have the guts to fight lethally.

PanMan 10-01-2003 04:46 PM

TMNT Reference on 2 And A Half Men!

don't know if this was mentioned anywhere but there was a TMNT reference (actually several) on the new CBS show 2 and a Half Men. at the start, charlie sheen was playing the piano singing "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". those were the only words he said, then he got cut off. it kinda sounded like the old theme song, but the words were long and stretched out. then he said something to the kid like "i can't believe you've never heard of the ninja turtles".

nontheless i was pleased to hear that :D

lethrhd 10-01-2003 04:53 PM

Cool!