The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What Grinds Your Gears? :) (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=37155)

BubblyShell22 09-09-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar_Raph (Post 1153934)
This morning, I was upset that my DirecTV satellite bumped off all local stations below channel 71. So I had no NFL season openers (including the Cowboys), U.S. Open Tennis. Talk about that feud between TWC & CBS (No football, U.S. Open, prime time, Letterman, Let's Make A Deal, Price Is Right).

So I called DirecTV about that issue & will be resolved soon. At least the Texans are playing on ESPN.

While I did call DirecTV, I did manage to get the stations I lost back...
NBC Sports Nework
Boomerang
NFL Network
IFC
And The HUB! Hope they didn't drop Next Mutation.

Wow. That's weird, GR. I have DirecTV and nothing like that has happened to us here.

But we have a converter that gets our local stations and our NBC signal just went out for no reason. We get it in the other room though, so at least that's something. I think it's because they put up a new Internet tower and it messed with our signal. We get our other regular TV channels fine though, just not the NBC one.

What else grinds my gears: The heat. Gah, it's so hot out right now!

TheCanadiandrome 09-09-2013 11:32 PM

What grinds my gears was havin to miss RAW tonight! Oh well thank goodness for dvr!

Leo656 09-10-2013 01:05 AM

I hate when I click on something I think is an article but turns out to be a video or podcast. I'd rather read, honestly.

Guitar_Raph 09-10-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? (Post 1154112)
I hate people who annoy other people, just because they don't swear

It happened to me in primary school. They all thought i was a sissy for not swearing.

Also, people who say they hate something, but won't tell you why.

Good for you for standing your ground. Where do people learn that sort of stuff? From movies, on the streets or (like a Christmas Story) their parents.

Where's the Lifebuoy when you need it?

Whatswiththeheadbands? 09-10-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar_Raph (Post 1154598)
Good for you for standing your ground. Where do people learn that sort of stuff? From movies, on the streets or (like a Christmas Story) their parents.

Where's the Lifebuoy when you need it?

what's that from?

NameGoesHere1066 09-12-2013 12:23 PM

so this thread made a come back.

I hate people who zig-zag all over the highway. So distracting.

TheCanadiandrome 09-12-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1154536)
I hate when I click on something I think is an article but turns out to be a video or podcast. I'd rather read, honestly.

Really? I prefer either or myself

BubblyShell22 09-13-2013 07:40 AM

Semi trucks that speed on the highway. Seriously?

Illinois drivers. They think they own the road.

barbecue17 09-13-2013 07:47 AM

Illinois Nazis.

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Lethal Lullaby 09-13-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 (Post 1155580)
so this thread made a come back.

I hate people who zig-zag all over the highway. So distracting.

Oh i saw somebody do that before. First they were on one side then they quickly pulled over to the other side and then back to the lane they were in. What's their deal? I don't know.

Somebody's attitude (which i gotta deal with every bloody day) is really starting to tick me off. And they act like they barely get any damn sleep when they get more sleep than i do. Mr. Grumpy McSourpuss he is.

Leo656 09-15-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1155815)
Really? I prefer either or myself

Most of the time I'm on a computer with no speakers OR I have to have mine turned down for one reason or another. So I'd rather read than be dependent on watching something I won't be able to get much information from.

RaphAndDonnie 09-15-2013 03:56 PM

I hate it when people chew their food in my ear. My cousin knew that I hated that so, of course, she did it to make me mad.
I also hate people who think Batman is better then every other superhero out there and could kick anyone's ass. I mean he is good and I like him but I don't think he's the best superhero ever.
I hate people who say fanfic writers are just Mary Sue making, self inserters who write to fulfill some fantasy. I, among many others, write because I like the subject matter and want to see the characters go through another new adventure or see a new take on a scenario.
The term "friendzone" also irritates me.

And finally, and this one grinds my gears more then any other, improper spelling. I can understand if you left a letter out or something minor but da*n i'd like to read what you wrote, not try to decipher it like it's a puzzle or something!

Peanut 09-15-2013 05:42 PM

People who have an anecdote to pull out for every situation, regardless of the conversation. Not only are they almost 100% of the time full of sh*t, but they seem completely oblivious to the fact that no one is buying their nonsense.

Everyone tells bullsh*t stories, especially on the Internet, but some people never seem to grow out of that phase. The older a person gets the sadder it gets when they need to tell tall tales for attention.

TheCanadiandrome 09-16-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1157078)
Most of the time I'm on a computer with no speakers OR I have to have mine turned down for one reason or another. So I'd rather read than be dependent on watching something I won't be able to get much information from.

Oh ok that makes sense

Guitar_Raph 09-16-2013 09:13 PM

Season premieres that get postponed. Due to the Washington DC tragedy, my CBS station had more coverage of it. But did inform Wheel watchers that Wheel will be on @ 2:42 am.

20 years ago, our hillbilly President (Ciinton) held a peace talk conference wiping out the 22nd season opener of The Price Is Right. When a game show gets knocked off, that's called a rainout (as in baseball). That same evening, the Houston Astros experienced something that never has happened to them, a Snowout! Their first visit to play the Colorado Rockies was snowed out!

So I had a rainout & snowout, all in one day! Only happens to me.

BubblyShell22 09-17-2013 08:04 AM

Ah, yes, because game shows are just so much more important than a serious shooting where people have lost their lives. :roll:

What grinds my gears: When people suddenly leave on my local news station and are replaced with other people abruptly. There was a weather guy named Frank Waugh from WNDU who was really cool, and he just left and is in Kansas now. He's been replaced, and while I can't really judge the new guy yet, it sucks that I have to get acquainted with someone when I'm so used to Frank. I'm going to miss him.

Guitar_Raph 09-17-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 (Post 1157715)
Ah, yes, because game shows are just so much more important than a serious shooting where people have lost their lives. :roll:

Almost any time there's a special report, they take it out on game shows. Bet Mrs. Obama would send her husband to sleep on the couch if he messed with her soaps (LOL)!

This also marks my spirit post, The Spirit of 1776!

AT-Man 09-17-2013 03:08 PM

When someone calls me, they know exactly when I'm gonna answer, because half a second before they decide to stop calling. I think Nyarlathotep has something against me, and so does Shub-Niggurath, obviously.

Jester 09-17-2013 03:13 PM

Double negative and people who say, "I seen ____."

AT-Man 09-17-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 1157873)
Double negative and people who say, "I seen ____."

I seen some posts I ain't got no time to read.