The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   El Mayimbe Of Latino Review Apparently Has The TMNT Script (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=37916)

Bob 06-19-2012 09:21 AM

El Mayimbe Of Latino Review Apparently Has The TMNT Script

Before anyone screams bulls#it, El Mayimbe from latinoreview.com, to be fair, has been right on the button so many times in the past its not even worth calling him a liar. If he says he's got the script, I'm inclined to believe him. Any haters of the original toon may not want to read his tweets:

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/214550556558110721

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/214553168338632706

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/214554316751642624

Slap-Happy 06-19-2012 09:25 AM

I definitley believe him. He's been doing script reviews for years, including some Platinum Dunes scripts.

Green Machine 06-19-2012 09:29 AM

The codename is The Blue Door huh? I guess the green door was taken back in the 70s...lol

I like what I'm reading in his tweets though!

Bob 06-19-2012 09:36 AM

It’s sounding like the TMNT film my five year old self wished the original film was back in 1990. Of course, with the team involved, I doubt we’re going to get a very kiddie film, so if they can take these elements and make them more grounded and grittier then I think this could turn into something really good. But I envision a lot of people will be very troubled by these tweets.

Already just by reading these you can see why the budget is apparently quite high. Apparently Paramount wants to get it down to 125 million. That's still much higher than I thought a TMNT film would cost.

Donnie 06-19-2012 10:04 AM

Can somebody please just quote what this guy is saying? I can't open Twitter at my workplace...many thanks!

Slap-Happy 06-19-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelangelo (Post 958770)
Can somebody please just quote what this guy is saying? I can't open Twitter at my workplace...many thanks!

Here's what he said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Mayimbe
Reading a script called THE BLUE DOOR by Nemec & Applebaum. THE BLUE DOOR is the secret code name for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES! ;)

Skimming through Turtles, I see KRANG and THE TECHNODROME RT

Skimming through, I also see BEBOP and ROCKSTEADY and see something called DIMENSION X. RT

Galactus 06-19-2012 10:37 AM

If budget is an issue there's an easy fix. Make the movie grounded, street level, TMNT fighting Shredder and the Foot etc. That's what worked for the first movie and why it's aged much better than the others.

Save the Technodromes and Bebops and Rocksteadys for the sequels, if indeed the must be there.:roll:

zkarlette 06-19-2012 11:12 AM

I don't understand why a movie reviewer would be able to get ahold of the script...Speciallyat such an early stage.

CyberCubed 06-19-2012 11:32 AM

Krang being in the movie shouldn't surprise anyone, both IDW and Nick are using an incarnation of him.

Surprised about the Tehnodrome though, how the hell will they do that?

d_osborn 06-19-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkarlette (Post 958796)
I don't understand why a movie reviewer would be able to get ahold of the script...Speciallyat such an early stage.

latinoreview used to do a lot of legit, early script reviews. new screenplays get passed around in social circles all the time in the film biz. it's very common...

you used to see a LOT more script reviews for upcoming films, but now it seems the studios have have put the kibosh on that by offering ritzy set visits, interviews, etc. to the big movie news sites.

Powder 06-19-2012 02:14 PM

The only thing I fnd so surprising is the amount of spoilers. I mean really, c'mon, how could be allowed to do say all that?

PAAATE 06-19-2012 03:11 PM

If anyone here has the script or knows where to find it, I'd love to read it, since they're rewriting it anyway.

And this isn't one of those "Ohh, I can't wait to see the movie, so I have to read the script"-impatient kinda things. I hate those. This is just a "I love to read scripts"-geeky kinda thing. :)

ZariusTwo 06-19-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactus (Post 958783)
If budget is an issue there's an easy fix. Make the movie grounded, street level, TMNT fighting Shredder and the Foot etc. That's what worked for the first movie and why it's aged much better than the others.

But if it's been done before, and done well enough in the first movie, why pay for a repeat performance?

The MIRAGE elitists have had their fun, it very well ought to be OUR turn (OT fans).

Jester 06-19-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 958864)
The MIRAGE elitists have had their fun, it very well ought to be OUR turn (OT fans).

I'd consider myself a Fred Wolf fan, and I really DON'T want the Technodrome, Krang, or Bebop and Rocksteady in the new movie. They worked great in the show because of the tone of that show, but I really don't see them working in a "serious" movie.

Bob 06-19-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactus (Post 958783)

I don't want a live-action version of the original toon, but what you've just described is a remake of the first film. I think a new take might be what this franchise needs. What you envision could end up looking and feeling very bland and generic. A mix of the two would suffice.

zkarlette 06-19-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 958828)
The only thing I fnd so surprising is the amount of spoilers. I mean really, c'mon, how could be allowed to do say all that?

That's what I'm thinking...I hope that all the spoilers don't end up doing what the word " aliens" did, and get the movie pushed even farther than it is.

The Stryker 06-19-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkarlette (Post 958906)
That's what I'm thinking...I hope that all the spoilers don't end up doing what the word " aliens" did, and get the movie pushed even farther than it is.

The movie isn't delayed because of fans overreacting to aliens you dolt.

Xav 06-19-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

But if it's been done before, and done well enough in the first movie, why pay for a repeat performance?

I don't get what you mean about the Mirage elitists having their fun. The first movie wasn't exactly a strict adaption of the Mirage comics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 958911)
The movie isn't delayed because of fans overreacting to aliens you dolt.

Well that's what Ninja Pizza claimed.

Roseangelo 06-19-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xav (Post 958913)
Well that's what Ninja Pizza claimed.

I only said that as speculation based on an e-mail I got. Whether or not that is the real reason, no one at Paramount is likely to ever confirm.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt 06-19-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

You did...it's called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze.

That's not a knock, I like Turtles II as well as the first one.