The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What is YOUR level of enthusiasm for the upcoming show? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58835)

biganimefan 09-27-2017 07:43 PM

What is YOUR level of enthusiasm for the upcoming show?

So, I am curious what everyone thinks of the potential for the series next year. Are you hyped about it? Are you cautiously optimistic? Do you think you'd be able to allow your children to watch it? Or should it just burn in the fires of hell? :)

For me, I am VERY cautiously optimistic! I do want to see it and am excited for it, but with it being a "younger, lighter feel" in today's market, it can easily turn out to be a Teen TItans Go clone or worse. And yeah, I'd probably allow my children to watch it when the time comes to officially get them into the franchise.

FredWolfLeonardo 09-27-2017 07:53 PM

I am excited but not till the extent where I will be dissapointed if I don't like it.

Krutch 09-27-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1718326)
I am excited but not till the extent where I will be dissapointed if I don't like it.

Ditto :tcool:

Kit31 09-27-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biganimefan (Post 1718323)
For me, I am VERY cautiously optimistic! I do want to see it and am excited for it, but with it being a "younger, lighter feel" in today's market, it can easily turn out to be a Teen TItans Go clone or worse. And yeah, I'd probably allow my children to watch it when the time comes to officially get them into the franchise.

^ This! Hope it's good, but I'm wary due to the ridiculousness of a lot of kids shows these days.

ToTheNines 09-27-2017 08:08 PM

I'm currently so sad about 2012 ending and so salty about the way the air dates have been handled by Nick that I can't form a real opinion about it other than general disgust.

But with Suriano on it, I'm sure it'll be entertaining.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 09-27-2017 08:09 PM

I wasn't even interested in the 2012 Nick cartoon. :tlol:

Yeah, I might buy some of the toys for my kids or let them watch it, but that's it.

CyberCubed 09-27-2017 08:09 PM

It's way too early to tell. Why don't you wait till the first trailer is released?

As of now I'm always interested in any new TMNT series. But there's no way of knowing what it'll be like.

Andrew NDB 09-27-2017 08:22 PM

Zero interest. If they're going even younger with it as they have promised, I doubt my daughter would even be interested in it so it really won't be on my radar at all.

IndigoErth 09-27-2017 08:23 PM

None of those, really. Just mildly curious, until we get further info. From what little we've heard, not exactly optimistic.

I hope it turns out decent and not as 'wtf' as the initial limited info makes it sound like. If it lasts a while, well, this will after all probably be my nephew's intro to TMNT, so I'd prefer it make a good impression and does TMNT justice. If not, well... I might be breaking out the FW (when he's older, he's only pushing 16 months) until he's old enough for Nick 2012.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1718333)
If they're going even younger with it as they have promised

That makes me so sad if they do... :ohwell:

Autbot_Benz 09-27-2017 08:26 PM

The Way Nick Treated the 2012 series around Series 5 putting half of it on DVD and pushing the Show to Nicktoons not to mention those stupid 5 month breaks. Nick can suck it for all I care. So no I am not that excited

Kit31 09-27-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1718337)
The Way Nick Treated the 2012 series around Series 5 putting half of it on DVD and pushing the Show to Nicktoons not to mention those stupid 5 month breaks. Nick can suck it for all I care. So no I am not that excited

Yes, that bugged the hell out of me, too. I'm hoping Nick paid attention and will learn from their mistakes and Not. Do. This. Again. TMNT is way different than any other show they have had. They have LOTS of 30-something year-old fans that no other show they have had prior has had. They can't treat it like they do their other shows.

Powder 09-27-2017 09:28 PM

Cautiously optimistic, I guess. I was very excited at first (to see Suriano head the next show was actually my wish!) but then came concerns with the whole "aimed at a younger audience" thing, & the rumors which suggest that the designs are influenced by the Platinum Dunes films.

Right now, I'm looking forward to it, & very eager to get a glimpse. No relation to my feelings about the 2012 series, which I love & am of course sad to see go.

Utrommaniac 09-27-2017 09:55 PM

I'll decide when it comes to that time.

Like Teen Titans Go? Burn it.

Like Ducktales 2017? Optimistic enough. I think I'd even like seeing an FW-based TMNT being handled like Ducktales 2017. Keeping some of the levity while kicking up some level of seriousness and even tragedy.

TigerClaw 09-27-2017 10:17 PM

I'm curious to see the direction they will take it, the more TMNT the better.

Allio 09-27-2017 10:22 PM

please for the love of god let this be good/10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1718333)
If they're going even younger with it as they have promised.

Sometimes I do wonder what this means, like the one series I've know that is aimed at a younger audience has things like decapitation and bestiality.

plastroncafe 09-27-2017 10:24 PM

I wasn't expecting to enjoy The '02 show as much as I did, so I'm curious what the new one will bring.

I think knowing the voice cast and seeing the character designs will be a good litmus test.

DestronMirage22 09-27-2017 10:32 PM

Not at all interested.
I never liked the 2012 series, and I’ve got a feeling this next one won’t be any better.
I’ll only watch the 1st episode or whatever to see how bad it is, then I’ll ignore it.

newfan 09-27-2017 11:40 PM

Quote:

I'm currently so sad about 2012 ending and so salty about the way the air dates have been handled by Nick that I can't form a real opinion about it other than general disgust.
Yeah some of the above.
Curious to see what they do but I don't expect to like it that much given what we know.

victory_angel 09-28-2017 02:09 AM

I admit I am apprehensive about the New Incarnation. I'm not really a fan of teen titans go, because their brand of humor is moronic and it spits on everything that made the original Teen Titans good.

I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, however. Because it's Ninja Turtles and we really don't know much about the new show other than what was pitched and that Suriano is involved, and we know Rob Paulsen will not be reprising his role as Donatello in the new series.

I do hope that at worst it would be more like Half-shelled Heroes which wasn't the greatest incarnation of TMNT, but it was watchable. Particularly when compared to the TMNT Team Up shorts which felt more like a TMNT as a teen titans go mentality.

neatoman 09-28-2017 03:15 AM

I mean... We honestly don't know anything aside from the name and the magic powers thing (which has been vaguely described), I don't know what to expect. I'd rather just wait until we have someting concrete to form an opinion on.