The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   50 missiles launched at Syria (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57719)

Andrew NDB 04-19-2017 08:47 PM

Did anyone stop and ask... just because we COULD ban CyberCubed... SHOULD we?

But don't worry, Cylons. pferreira should be online tomorrow for his weekly scheduled net time.

ProactiveMan 04-19-2017 08:50 PM

It's creeping me out a little bit.

Coola Yagami 04-19-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1677956)

I'm not sure the Technodrome Forums would be able to withstand the newfound sense of respectability as a TMNT forum and sudden raise in overall IQ points. It might make the whole site collapse.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-19-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1677956)

But don't worry, Cylons. pferreira should be online tomorrow for his weekly scheduled net time.

Too true, Andrew. :tlol: If the doctors thought internet access would help him reintegrate with society, they were sadly mistaken...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1677958)
I'm not sure the Technodrome Forums would be able to withstand the newfound sense of respectability as a TMNT forum and sudden raise in overall IQ points. It might make the whole site collapse.

:tlol:

ProphetofGanja 04-19-2017 09:02 PM

Whoa, what kind of sh!t storm did I walk into here?? Cubed and Nines banned at the same time?? But it's just temporary right? Do we really ban people simply for talking politics or did something else go down while I was away this afternoon?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 04-19-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja (Post 1677961)
Whoa, what kind of sh!t storm did I walk into here?? Cubed and Nines banned at the same time?? But it's just temporary right? Do we really ban people simply for talking politics or did something else go down while I was away this afternoon?

Yes, temporary, and no, it didn't happen in this thread or for political reasons; it happened because Cubed and Nines go at each other like Klingons and Romulans. Here, there, everywhere.

plastroncafe 04-19-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja (Post 1677961)

While we're not supposed to talk politics, they were temp-banned for shenanigans elsethread. Or rather, maybe elsethread was the straw that broke the mods' resolve.

Coola Yagami 04-19-2017 09:19 PM

Klingons and Romulans. :lol: A Vulcan might consider their banning a logical solution.

ProphetofGanja 04-19-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1677963)
Yes, temporary, and no, it didn't happen in this thread or for political reasons; it happened because Cubed and Nines go at each other like Klingons and Romulans. Here, there, everywhere.

Ha, yeah, they remind me of my grandparents sometimes, those two. Fun stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1677964)
While we're not supposed to talk politics, they were temp-banned for shenanigans elsethread. Or rather, maybe elsethread was the straw that broke the mods' resolve.

Hmm, I kind of feel like... we should be able to talk politics? I mean, people already bite each others' heads off for differences of opinion on a comic/cartoon from thirty years ago, how could it get any worse??

Maybe it is too much to ask people here to be civil to each other while discussing politics/religion/other controversial matters but I don't see how it could be much worse than some of these threads about why episode such-and-such is a bunch of drivel or why character [blank] sucks ass

Andrew NDB 04-19-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja (Post 1677970)
Hmm, I kind of feel like... we should be able to talk politics? I mean, people already bite each others' heads off for differences of opinion on a comic/cartoon from thirty years ago, how could it get any worse??

Tend to agree. There's always going to be fiery opinions with politics... removing the discussion or banning the discussers seems odd. Why not just avoid the threads?

ProphetofGanja 04-19-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1677973)
Tend to agree. There's always going to be fiery opinions with politics... removing the discussion or banning the discussers seems odd. Why not just avoid the threads?

Exactly. We have forums and sub-forums out the ass, people can stay in whatever little bubble they want. I stayed in the comics forum for like four years before I even found out that people were having discussions about things other than ninja turtles

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 04-22-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1677973)
Why not just avoid the threads?

People want their opinions heard.

Nobody wants to be respectful, though, everyone thinks their opinions are superior to anyone who doesn't think like they do.

Hence we can't have anything nice here.