The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What movie did you see the most times in theatres? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59268)

Krutch 12-11-2017 04:37 PM

What movie did you see the most times in theatres?

Mine's Phantom Menace at 6 times.

Andrew NDB 12-11-2017 04:40 PM

I rarely ever did that. I can only remember seeing Independence Day twice in theaters. Maybe Fifth Element... I'm not certain now.

Shark_Blade 12-11-2017 04:52 PM

TMNT (2014) - 8 times
Coco - 4 times (plan to see again)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krutch (Post 1734264)
Mine's Phantom Menace at 6 times.

I wish I could do that but I was too young at that time. :(
Best Star Wars movie ever tbh. :tlove:

FredWolfLeonardo 12-11-2017 05:01 PM

I've never seen any film in theatres more than once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1734266)
TMNT (2014) - 8 times

https://sonofhel.files.wordpress.com...face.jpg?w=217

PApagreg 12-11-2017 05:18 PM

The Avengers, 2 times

CyberCubed 12-11-2017 05:28 PM

Yeah, I've never seen a movie in theaters more than once either. Paying twice to see the same movie in theaters so soon after the first time never made sense to me.

These days DVDs/blu-rays come out so soon after they leave theaters that you can watch it again really soon anyway.

MsMarvelDuckie 12-11-2017 08:25 PM

TMNT 2014 and 16- twice each (had free tix for both). Other than that, I've seen Civil War twice, and GotG twice as well.

MikeandRaph87 12-11-2017 08:26 PM

The Force Awakens 3 times.

CyberCubed 12-11-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1734302)
The Force Awakens 3 times.

Was it worth it?

newfan 12-12-2017 01:22 AM

I've not done it, I contemplated it once but never got around to it, happy to just wait for the disk release.

CyberCubed 12-12-2017 01:23 AM

Come to think of it if we ever get a good live-action TMNT movie in theaters, unlike those recent Michael Bay atrocities, I'd probably make an effort to see it more than once in theaters to support it more.

Of course all the original 90's movies came out when I was a kid, so I only saw them once in theaters and then the VHS and DVDs many times.

Prowler 12-12-2017 01:58 AM

I never understood this practice. Why would I watch a movie at the cinema and then watch it there again soon after? Usually when I like a movie I only re-watch it a year or so later when it airs on TV or the DVD comes out... well nowadays I suppose that doesn't apply much anymore since you can easily watch movies anytime you want.

So, I'm gonna change the OP question and I'll tell you which movies I think I've seen the most times in my life: Space Jam, the 1st Mr. Bean movie, the first Toy Story movie, Tiny Toons: How I've spent My Summer Vacation, and finally Daffy Duck's Quackbusters. I've seen all of these countless times. I used to watch my Toy Story and How I Spent My Vacation VHS tapes a lot as a kid. I haven't seen the original Toy Story movie in years tho. Last time was probably 2002 or so. And I don't think I want to. I'd rather keep my nostalgia for it.

FredWolfLeonardo 12-12-2017 02:21 AM

The only reason I ever watch movies in theatres is to have a one time special occassion with family and friends.

Watching the same movie twice doesn't feel as special imo. I think its definetly better just to get DVD/Blu Rays later on if you really wanna see the film.

Prowler 12-12-2017 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1734336)
Come to think of it if we ever get a good live-action TMNT movie in theaters, unlike those recent Michael Bay atrocities, I'd probably make an effort to see it more than once in theaters to support it more.

Of course all the original 90's movies came out when I was a kid, so I only saw them once in theaters and then the VHS and DVDs many times.

As much as I love the Turtles and as much as I would wish a great live-action TMNT movie to do well... no, I'd not pay to watch it at the cinema more than one time. I would however gladly buy it on DVD or Blu Ray once those came out, though.

MsMarvelDuckie 12-12-2017 03:51 AM

The movie I have seen the greatest number of times altogether? That one is easy- Spaceballs, hands down. It is my favorite movie of all time and I have seen it more times than I can even remember. Enough that I can quote every line by heart. I know the crawl better than I do the one from Star Wars!

Mayhem 12-12-2017 04:03 AM

Most films only once in the cinema. The only films I can recall seeing twice are Jurassic Park, Phantom Menace, and The Force Awakens. Will be seeing The Last Jedi twice as well (midnight showing tomorrow with my brother, and then Saturday with our respective other halves).

Spike Spiegel 12-12-2017 06:06 AM

My dad took me to see Spider-Man (2002) twice. It's the only time I remember going to the same film more than once.

It felt like such an event back then. I think it was also the first movie I owned on DVD as well.

Candy Kappa 12-12-2017 06:47 AM

Only time I go and see a movie a second time is if it's with other people then the first time, cause cinema is expansive.

Powder 12-12-2017 07:10 AM

I think the only movie I ever saw in theaters twice was the first Pokemon flick.

MikeandRaph87 12-12-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1734340)
The only reason I ever watch movies in theatres is to have a one time special occassion with family and friends.

Watching the same movie twice doesn't feel as special imo. I think its definetly better just to get DVD/Blu Rays later on if you really wanna see the film.

That was the case for me with The Force Awakens to answer Cubed above. I saw it at the Thursday night showing then the next day with my family.The third time was a about ten days later which I saw it with a friend that was waiting to see it when time permitted and needed someone to go with.