The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: IDW 20/20 (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=60551)

Shargor 10-04-2018 02:28 PM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: IDW 20/20

By Paul Allor (writer) and Dave Wachter (artist)

Meet the Turtles of tomorrow in this adventure set 20 years in the future! The Utrom Civil War rages across Earth. When news of a backup Technodrome threatens hundreds of millions of innocent lives, it’s up to the Turtles to do what they do best—save the world.

New IDW Initiative, all details here: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...versary-event/

miru 10-04-2018 02:33 PM

So, we get a flash-forward story, again. Are these becoming a tradition? Nick did it, Mirage did it several times, and many other versions did this via time-travel (Archie, 2k3, and the OT come to mind).

I like this concept. Especially since the franchise’s Own 35th anniversary is coming, for a potential follow-up.

Utrommaniac 10-04-2018 02:44 PM

Is Leo hanging out in the spirit world a bunch? Raph is the only one who appears to have aged?

No surprise that the Utroms probably would end up fighting each other, but like...where did a "backup" Technodrome come from? And where do they have the numbers to even think of risking a civil war? And be able to maintain it for 20 years? Can they even repopulate that fast???

And, is this a SAINW situation or the actual future? Now that so much has happened, it would be reasonable to make a guess that the mutant city future no longer exists, but has now been replaced by something far worse.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-04-2018 03:04 PM

Sweet! This ties right in with the Donatello macro-issue... hope that means it'll be collected in the future, and not ignored like the Deviations issue...

Igglet 10-04-2018 03:13 PM

Holy crap I did NOT see this coming. Where was this announced?

Utrommaniac 10-04-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1778871)
Sweet! This ties right in with the Donatello macro-issue... hope that means it'll be collected in the future, and not ignored like the Deviations issue...

SAINW it is then??? I guess we need to find out if Don's Future Visions were actual futures or possible futures.

80gmrp 10-04-2018 03:32 PM

Interesting. Curious if this Utrom Civil War will involve the other mutants as well. Admittedly I’m biased with my love for Leatherhead, but still.

ChosenOne 10-04-2018 03:40 PM

:o :o :o IDW, you're spoiling us! When does this come out?

TigerClaw 10-04-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shargor (Post 1778864)

By Paul Allor (writer) and Dave Wachter (artist)

Meet the Turtles of tomorrow in this adventure set 20 years in the future! The Utrom Civil War rages across Earth. When news of a backup Technodrome threatens hundreds of millions of innocent lives, it’s up to the Turtles to do what they do best—save the world.

New IDW Initiative, all details here: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...versary-event/

So its set 20 years into the future. How old would the Turtles be by then? At least Raph doesn't have an Eye Patch this time.

ChosenOne 10-04-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1778884)
So its set 20 years into the future. How old would the Turtles be by then? At least Raph doesn't have an Eye Patch this time.

They'll be in their 30's, right? Still pretty young for a turtle.

TigerClaw 10-04-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1778887)

I think they were over a 100 years old in the future from the Archie Comics.

Cloudrunner 10-04-2018 04:27 PM

Wonder if any other characters will make an appearance or if it'll be focused mainly on the turtles.

CyberCubed 10-04-2018 04:55 PM

I guess this contradicts the future seen in the Turtles in Time special with the old Donatello and all those Bebop/Rocksteady clone mutants. But as said these are likely all parallel futures in different timelines, not necessarily what will happen in our main timeline.

DevilSpooky 10-04-2018 05:30 PM

Yeah, no way that Leo isn't a spirit, he even has this weird aura around him.

Utrommaniac 10-04-2018 05:41 PM

There's a whole lotta "Whaaaaat the ffff...???" around this that we can't even wrap our heads around yet

ChosenOne 10-04-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1778896)
I guess this contradicts the future seen in the Turtles in Time special with the old Donatello and all those Bebop/Rocksteady clone mutants. But as said these are likely all parallel futures in different timelines, not necessarily what will happen in our main timeline.

Not necessarily. We only saw Manhattan in that, we have no idea what's going on across the Atlantic. There's an Utrom on the map of territorial divisions that we all assumed was Krang because he was the active one at the time, but it could represent Ch'rell for all we know at this point. I personally don't think we'll revisit that particular timeline, though. Just get a couple of nods to it here and there, but it's been averted for the most part.

Utrommaniac 10-04-2018 05:55 PM

My theory is that the Mutant Island future happened because the turtles weren't able to stop Shredder or Krang due to divisions between them, so the Technodrome arch made them get their sh*t together. We saw this during the "Hey, Shredder is far less important than the Technodrome right now." cycle.

And now we're probably going to get a similar division that could potentially lead to the Utrom Civil War if the turtles don't get their act together. Also Leo might die!

We'll just have to wait and see if this is even a possibility for an "actual" future. Considering that there is stuff with Kitsune's plans that seem to be the absolute worst thing that could happen, more so than the Technodrome's full potential being unlocked. (That being the second worst)

ProphetofGanja 10-04-2018 07:25 PM

Whoa, cool

909 Turtle Fan 10-04-2018 07:51 PM

I’ve always liked stories about the future, and this one should be really cool, especially since the turtles won’t be super old.

Allio 10-04-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1778887)

mid 20's, biologically that is. Remember that before the series only 1 1/2 years passed before they found Raphael. I doubt that too many years passed since then as we only had two christmas, I'd argue that overall only 2-3 years has passed since issue one. So the turtles would be biologically around 25