The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Michal bays new movie might be Teenage Alien Ninja turtles (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=36897)

TurtleMaster4 03-17-2012 07:04 AM

Michal bays new movie might be Teenage Alien Ninja turtles

Sorry dudes i hate to complain about things before i see them, i just can't resist, Michael bay is making the turtles aliens. this is terrible! i wonder what else he will do to them, don't believe me, check out this link. :tcry: http://www.stuffwelike.com/2012/03/1...eenage-mutant-
ninja-turtles/

so what do you guys think of this.

Jephael 03-17-2012 09:12 AM

Ever since it was announced Michael Bay had a hand in the film relaunch, I knew something bad would come of it!

ToTheNines 03-17-2012 09:42 AM

God dammit.

Are we really gonna have to hear all this unwarranted Michael Bay hate for the next 2 years? HE DID NOT WRITE THE ****ING SCRIPT! He's not even directing. Viacom had him show off that previs stuff because he's a big name in Hollywood and they want this movie to be a success. Of course they'd rather have him pimping the movie out rather than some other dude from Platinum Dunes that no one's ever heard of in their life.

That being said, this alien business is going to really rub me the wrong way if Utroms are not involved.

Bmaga123 03-17-2012 10:07 AM

Maybe Michael Bay wasnt aware of the TMNT back story and just assumed they were another race from a different planet like the Transformers LOL. I really hope this is the case or I will be very dissapointed :tmad:

tmntgeoff 03-17-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmaga123 (Post 925050)
Maybe Michael Bay wasnt aware of the TMNT back story and just assumed they were another race from a different planet like the Transformers LOL. I really hope this is the case or I will be very dissapointed :tmad:

this is what im thinking too. he probably doesnt know anything about tmnt and just said that

Bob 03-17-2012 10:37 AM

This thread title is very misleading, not to mention exceedingly premature. Michael Bay never said such a thing. We don't really know anything yet. Calm down.

Logan 03-17-2012 10:38 AM

Bay says they are "from an alien race", which could merely mean that they are the product of alien experiments, which is kind of true in the context of the comics (though it was accidental).

Bob 03-17-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 925060)
Bay says they are "from an alien race", which could merely mean that they are the product of alien experiments, which is kind of true in the context of the comics (though it was accidental).

True. I think that the ooze that mutates them is what comes from another planet. Maybe Earth-bound turtles get "infused" with the DNA of another race that resemble humanoid turtles?

Powder 03-17-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 925059)
This thread title is very misleading, not to mention exceedingly premature. Michael Bay never said such a thing. We don't really know anything yet. Calm down.

^^^

Can somebody just delete this thread to avoid further confusion/negativity/stupidity?

Ninjinister 03-17-2012 11:42 AM

Different continuity, different rules.

idgaf

CyberCubed 03-17-2012 12:45 PM

Wow there goes all hope for a good movie.

Why do talentless hacks feel the need to change things that don't need to be changed?

Jephael 03-17-2012 12:54 PM

Wow, for the first time I agree with CyberCubed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 925078)
Can somebody just delete this thread to avoid further confusion/negativity/stupidity?

Quit trying to silence everyone you don't agree with! People are allowed to express their concerns.

Kendamu 03-17-2012 01:07 PM

Already being discussed.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=36846

Andrew NDB 03-17-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 925046)
God dammit.

Are we really gonna have to hear all this unwarranted Michael Bay hate for the next 2 years? HE DID NOT WRITE THE ****ING SCRIPT! He's not even directing.

But it's pretty painfully clear that Michael Bay operates as a producer in the same fashion that George Lucas "produces" movies like Red Tails. He basically directed that and the director was his voice box... a ton of directors operate like that and everything I've read of Bay indicates he's a guy that likes to be in control of pretty much every facet of a production.

Which isn't to say this movie will be bad because of Bay. I don't think I've ever seen a Bay movie that wasn't entertaining, except maybe the very boring and nonsensical Transformers 2.

joe-eyeball 03-17-2012 01:18 PM

Even though I am not a big Michael Bay fan, what he said could be interpreted a number of ways. Technically the Turtles' origins do connect directly to an alien race. Maybe he fumbled his words or really just didnt care otherwise. Seems to me he was just briefly trying to hype a future project. It is much too early to draw any concrete conclusions and go into panic mode.

ToTheNines 03-17-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jephael (Post 925122)
People are allowed to express their concerns.

But you realize they're concerns based upon one sentence spoken by a man who isn't directing, writing, or even producing (he's EP, different thing) the ****ing movie, right?

And who knows, you might like that change. The new origin might not even affect the plot that much. And if you don't like it, no one's stopping you from popping the first movie in your DVD player. But I bet you peckers would like to blame Michael Bay for that too.

CyberCubed 03-17-2012 01:22 PM

Wow it makes me wonder what the original script was that PL liked.

Andrew NDB 03-17-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 925046)
But you realize they're concerns based upon one sentence spoken by a man who isn't directing, writing, or even producing (he's EP, different thing) the ****ing movie, right?

But again, it's very, very common for producers of Bay's stature to get their fingers into pretty much every aspect of a production he's involved in. There's a long established precedent for it in Hollywood, in fact, and Bay is not the passive type.

ToTheNines 03-17-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 925145)
But again, it's very, very common for producers of Bay's stature to get his fingers into pretty much every aspect of a production he's involved in. There's a long established precedent for it in Hollywood, in fact.

I was under the impression that he had next to nothing to do with the Platinum Dunes horror movies.

CyberCubed 03-17-2012 01:30 PM

I don't doubt the Turtles will be aliens. They said in the link they updated the origin from the radioactive waste product.

It's bizarre and changes everything the franchise is about. Talk about a slap in the face to fans.