The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   January 2020 Solicitations (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61993)

AlZarkovski 10-25-2019 05:43 AM

January 2020 Solicitations

TMNT ONGOING #102

The Turtles are separated, each trying to find their own way forward. With their absence, Old Hob fills the power vacuum with the help of some very unusual new mutants!

(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman, Sophie Campbell (A/CA) Sophie Campbell

POWER RANGERS/TMNT #2

Tommy faces a shocking betrayal within the Foot Clan that puts him in the crosshairs of their leader - Shredder! But can the Rangers and Turtles put their differences aside before Shredder unleashes his ultimate weapon? No Rangers or Turtles fan can miss this shocking last page!

(W) Ryan Parrott (A) Simone Di Meo (CA) Dan Mora

TMNT URBAN LEGENDS #21

The battle between Michelangelo, Leonard, Casey, and the Triceratons comes to a head! Good thing Raphel is there with his Foot Clan to help turn the tide-though it might not be his Foot Clan much longer if Pimiko, Shredder's daughter, has anything to say about it...

(W) Gary Carlson (A/CA) Frank Fosco

Igglet 10-25-2019 06:19 AM

The turtles are separated? Interesting to have it confirmed. Wonder if the focus will be put onto Jennika now? She could really use some development right now.

CyberCubed 10-25-2019 08:48 AM

Feels like post issue 100 is a good time to take a breather for the series.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-25-2019 09:01 AM

I would enjoy seeing the Turtles go solo for awhile now, ala Volume 4.

Also, glad to see Hob is still around to cause trouble. :tgrin:

AquaParade 10-25-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1823656)

As in, the storyline doesn't interest you? Just curious.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-25-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaParade (Post 1823660)
As in, the storyline doesn't interest you? Just curious.

I think he means for the nonstop breakneck pacing to slow down a bit and take a breather.

AquaParade 10-25-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1823663)
I think he means for the nonstop breakneck pacing to slow down a bit and take a breather.

Ah, thanks.

ChosenOne 10-25-2019 10:32 AM

Even more intriguing is the fact that Hob is apparently no longer affiliated with the Mutanimals, or they're just not available. Otherwise, why would he need new mutants to fill in for the Turtles?

funatic 10-25-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1823670)
Even more intriguing is the fact that Hob is apparently no longer affiliated with the Mutanimals, or they're just not available. Otherwise, why would he need new mutants to fill in for the Turtles?

I hope they’re not meeting the same fate they did in the Archie series!

Allio 10-25-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

No Rangers or Turtles fan can miss this shocking last page!

Let me guess. Tommy gets mutated. Big Shock, it's all about the tammy.

MikeandRaph87 10-25-2019 11:15 AM

Differences of opinion separated them from Splinter after they eventually agreed with Mike. Differences from each other now? Something more permanent than Splinter Vanishes for sure as a result to calling forth the Pantheon's creator.

daggio 10-25-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1823670)

Maybe Sally will start leading the resistance like was predicted in the 20/20 issue.

Wentos 10-25-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1823656)

Agreed. Waltz and Curnow jumped head first into the next story in issue #51 and I think it might have been to the book's detriment. It's hard to care about Darius Dunn when a climactic battle with the Shredder had just been concluded an issue ago.

One thing I really liked about the original Mirage series was that Eastman and Laird weren't afraid to let a status quo percolate for a while before moving on to the next thing. Canonically the turtles lived in Northampton for a year before returning to New York to confront Shredder.

neatoman 10-25-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlZarkovski (Post 1823642)
TMNT URBAN LEGENDS #21

The battle between Michelangelo, Leonard, Casey, and the Triceratons comes to a head! Good thing Raphel is there with his Foot Clan to help turn the tide-though it might not be his Foot Clan much longer if Pimiko, Shredder's daughter, has anything to say about it...

(W) Gary Carlson (A/CA) Frank Fosco

Is that a typo or does the series really have a character named Leonard?

Allio 10-25-2019 05:36 PM

He is friends with Micheal, Ralph and Donn.

neatoman 10-25-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allio (Post 1823723)
He is friends with Micheal, Ralph and Donn.

What about Carl?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...nnyandcarl.png

Allio 10-25-2019 08:44 PM

I think he is dating Apul

spookycookies 10-25-2019 11:21 PM

We should have a companion book? Maybe they are hiding it until after Shredder & 100 are done...

Allio 10-26-2019 12:06 AM

Like with Batman/TMNT, the Power Rangers/TMNT is the companion even though it isn't published by idw. We won't have a companion at least by June (as there has been at least one month break inbetween a crossover and the next companion.

MikeandRaph87 10-26-2019 06:44 AM

It appears that not just the TMNT have split up as a result of #100's event, but the Mutanimals as well. Why else would Hob take advantage unleashing new mutants? It sounds like he has left the gray area and gone back to the dark side with I'll intent.