The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Now streaming on CBS all access! (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63207)

The Turtle Terminator 10-30-2020 08:48 AM

Now streaming on CBS all access!

https://twitter.com/tmnt/status/1322...386553857?s=21

Looks like the Turtles are streaming on CBS all-access!

No news on anywhere else to see it Worldwide, but its good to know Nick remembered this show exists

neatoman 10-30-2020 09:38 AM

Yeah good news, even if it isn't relevant to me. Though from what I understand, CBS AA isn't that popular, pretty much the only reason anyone gets it is to watch old Star Trek and get tortured by new Star Trek. Is there anything aside from Star Trek or TMNT worth watching on CBS AA? And wasn't this service going to merge with the Paramount service anyway?

CyberCubed 10-30-2020 10:02 AM

Yes, all 7 seasons are now streaming online. Here's the twitter announcement:

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/1322171652386553857

Hopefully this drums up interest for DVD/blu-ray boxsets.

The Turtle Terminator 10-30-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1866337)

I think that ship sailed a LONG time ago

CyberCubed 10-30-2020 10:15 AM

Maybe, maybe not. We shall pray to the Gods of the universe for boxsets.

NinjaPug 10-30-2020 11:27 AM

It’s missing the first two parts of Return to New York.

Update: They’re on there now

sdp 10-30-2020 11:29 AM

It's also missing the "lost" episode.

Andrew NDB 10-30-2020 11:37 AM

Don't give these bastards any money. Not one dime.

(CBS All Access, I mean)

Fez 10-30-2020 12:02 PM

Return to New York seems to be complete on my end, but Tempus Fugit and Superquest are swapped in Season 7.

Cure 10-30-2020 12:18 PM

Oh cool. I'ma subscribe.

CyberCubed 10-30-2020 12:30 PM

Are eps out of order for everyone or just based on where you live? That seems very weird to me, I thought online streaming services were the same for everyone? At least for the same country.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 10-30-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1866336)
Yeah good news, even if it isn't relevant to me. Though from what I understand, CBS AA isn't that popular, pretty much the only reason anyone gets it is to watch old Star Trek and get tortured by new Star Trek. Is there anything aside from Star Trek or TMNT worth watching on CBS AA? And wasn't this service going to merge with the Paramount service anyway?

No, there's nothing good on there except Star Trek. I subscribed for awhile, and will again when Disco Season 3 is over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1866337)
Yes, all 7 seasons are now streaming online. Here's the twitter announcement:

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/1322171652386553857

Figures that would happen almost IMMEDIATELY AFTER I pop for some wicked pirate DVD sets. :tlol:

sdp 10-30-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1866356)
Don't give these bastards any money. Not one dime.
(CBS All Access, I mean)

All their content comes out on Prime Video where I live.

IndigoErth 10-31-2020 05:46 PM

Sure... put it on a streaming service I otherwise have no interest in wasting money on. :tconfuse: A DVD set would be nice. No? Yeah, figured. :tconfuse: If they don't want my money for a physical copy and put it on a service I won't be getting... well, guess I'll just keep checking it out through sources that shall not be named that they wouldn't like.

Luckyday 10-31-2020 10:37 PM

I was going to cancel my subscription but damnit they found a way to pull me back. :lol:

I might as well watch 2012 series again along with the 2003 since I also have it on Hulu. Maybe it would be a different experience with not having wait between the god awful hiatuses.

The Turtle Terminator 11-01-2020 02:43 AM

What’s the quality on these? Is it better than Pluto TV?

Shark_Blade 11-01-2020 02:49 AM

Yes what about the quality?

Just put the rest of the seasons on iTunes already, it’s missing season 4-7.

The Good Side 11-07-2020 03:09 PM

I had access to the first season and the guy promised to rip all of the others as soon as possible . It's the non-watermarked version with all bumpers intact and with side-by-side credits . I've been tracking that version for a whole year and the sources ( DVDs) I had from other countries ( Countries other than the US/Canada, because R1 DVDs have watermark ) were full of flaws like the following :

1- Some of them have inconsistent qualities for every season or episode .
2- Some of them were incomplete ( missing a season or two ) .
3- Some of them were missing a scene or two from some episodes . And in some of them , they leave bumpers intact for almost every episode of the season , but at the same time they removed them from 3 or 4 episodes randomly ( from the same season ) .
4- Some of them cut out the bumpers awkwardly which makes you notice that some thing has been cut out like the Australian ones .
5- Some of them were missing English Audio Tracks ( No English audios and only a dub in another language ) . + some audios were in mono .
6- Most or all of them were in PAL format with some conversion artifacts .

Having this version in consistent NTSC quality for every season is great . I wish they didn't upscale them though . Looking at the bright side , at least they upscaled them perfectly unlike the ones some fans did to the R1 sources .
Yuck .. Speaking of that R1 fan upscales , he used bootleg discs for the last half of season 1 ( going off memory , there were 2 upscales back in the day and one of them had the bootleg episodes and I'm not sure about the other )

Once I get my hands on all of them, ( CBS WEB-DLs) my non-watermarked sources would be useless , except for both the UK release of season 1 (because it has the short ending of The King episode) and season 1 of Russian DVDs , because they have 5.1 audio tracks . Speaking of those Russian ones , they had very little issues for some episodes , but I already fixed that professionally .

Besides , from what I heard , the episodes in Pluto were upscaled with same source of CBS and I believe it would be the same for the other platform services such as: Amazon , itunes etc .

Also, just to make my self clear .. What I mean by watermark is the TV rating logo that almost every R1 DVD of the show has .
Edit : I tried to get a free trial in the service , but it didn't work . Any idea why is that happening ?
Does it have to do with me being from Saudi Arabia ? ( Regional restriction or something ?)

The Turtle Terminator 11-07-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Good Side (Post 1867636)
Edit : I tried to get a free trial in the service , but it didn't work . Any idea why is that happening ?
Does it have to do with me being from Saudi Arabia ? ( Regional restriction or something ?)

As far as I am aware, the service only works with a payment registered in the USA

Edit: Is Mayhem from Mutant Island on CBS All Access, and which version of The King is available

The Good Side 11-07-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Is Mayhem from Mutant Island on CBS All Access
I have No idea , I don't have access to the platform itself nor did I ask the guy . I just hope he'd rip the other seasons , too . Getting season 1 only is not enough at all xD . R1 DVDs ( I have them all ) are maybe just slightly better , since they have non-upscaled videos despite the fact of them being watermarked .

Quote:

and which version of The King is available
All of the American DVDs for both the older single release that has long instrumental outro and the newer boxed-set release that has the regular R1 outro / closing have the longer newer ending with Raph scene when Don was getting angry with / at / on him .

As for my Russian DVDs ( BTW , I removed their Russian audios and kept the English ones intact for all of the episodes and did that for obvious reasons xD ) , they also have the longer newer ending .

As for the short older ending of that episode , I only had access to the UK DVDs and the Portugal ones and both of them have it . But I believe other countries got it as well , like Poland and all of Arab countries .

#_ All platform services I had acess to ( or through some friends or nice people ) have the new long ending for that episode . Including CBS all access , Pluto , Amazon , Chinese platforms etc .

Excuse my digression , I knew you were asking and interested about/ in the platform services , not the DVDs :P:D

ABrown 11-09-2020 09:33 AM

While I think any chance of a complete DVD release has long passed, I do hope that maybe this will lead to the rest of the seasons getting released digitally.

The Turtle Terminator 11-09-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1867921)
While I think any chance of a complete DVD release has long passed, I do hope that maybe this will lead to the rest of the seasons getting released digitally.

I think that boat has sailed too, there's no way if it's taken this long they'll be release it now.

Just out of interest, for anyone that's watching it on CBSAA, on the episode "Cousin Sid", do they cut to the closing credits before the beginning of the third act? They released the show on to stream in the UK on Sky On Demand (a UK cable service) in 2018 and for a lot of the episodes were edited this way

The Good Side 11-14-2020 03:27 AM

Unfortunately ,Turtles 2003 show didn't get the treatment it deserves in the UK . They stopped releasing it on DVDs after their great non-watermarked season 1 release and then suddenly released a random volume 1 for season 6 ( Maybe the company / distributor is different , I have the DVD , but I don't remember which company it was authored by ) . They also didn't air season 5 at all , not to mention that I had access to TV rips from some kids channel for season 4 and 6 and noticed that they labeled season 4 as Fast Forward /season 6 lol . ( Speaking of those UK TV rips , they used the non-watermarked version with side-by-side credits , but created their own bumpers for season 4 instead of the real things , I bet they did that to minimize the runtime . Going off memory , They kept the real bumpers of season 6 intact . )

And then finally this ! ( the 2018 editing stuff you're talking about ) .
The show got horrible treatments with so many flaws in other countries as well . Translation wise , chronological order wise , picture quality wise etc , but all of them are/were non-English speaking countries . I find it weird to be treated that way in an English-speaking country .. Maybe it has to do with the censorship the older series had like changing the word ninja into hero and all that stuff .

neatoman 11-14-2020 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator (Post 1867934)
I think that boat has sailed too, there's no way if it's taken this long they'll be release it now.

Just out of interest, for anyone that's watching it on CBSAA, on the episode "Cousin Sid", do they cut to the closing credits before the beginning of the third act? They released the show on to stream in the UK on Sky On Demand (a UK cable service) in 2018 and for a lot of the episodes were edited this way

Wait what? Is a third of the episode missing?

The Turtle Terminator 11-14-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1868694)
Wait what? Is a third of the episode missing?

Nope, for a lot of episodes they played the credits before act 3. I have no idea why, since this would require Nick to make new edits of the show. I'll have to dig around and check if I can find what episodes were edited like this on my Sky box

ABrown 11-17-2020 11:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
So it's interesting. On amazon, look at the dates of the newly added seasons. They all say 2015. It's like they've been uploaded to amazon for five years now. Why don't they just go ahead and make them available for purchase?

The Turtle Terminator 11-17-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1869071)
Why don't they just go ahead and make them available for purchase?

Because that way you’ll continually pay for CBSAA! Got to make routine profit

Vegita-San 11-25-2020 11:59 AM

FYI, if you download video downloader Ultimate, you can record the stream and have all of them from pluto tv in pretty good quality. and the 4Kids look and sound better than the DVD quality, so I'm currently trying to get them all from there.
about 75% done with both series.

although if nick would release 2012 on blu-ray...would solve that problem.

or a complete 4kids set.

The Turtle Terminator 12-03-2020 11:21 AM

Which version of Turtles Forever is on here? The full screen edited version or the HD widescreen original version?

The Good Side 12-03-2020 05:11 PM

The HD widescreen original version

SaurusX 12-08-2020 03:35 PM

Is it really in HD? I’ve never seen that anywhere else.