The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Most out of character moments in TMNT (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57710)

Yabuturtle 04-05-2017 10:33 PM

Most out of character moments in TMNT

I would say that some characters will have "out of character" moments. I think one of the biggest was from April in the 1987 series

It was in Season 10 "The Beginning of the End" Where she sees the mutated Leonardo destroying everything. Instead of trying to get big stories, she wants to work on ordinary stuff as they seem safer I guess. But not only does she not seem to care that one of her best friends is mutated and destroying property and hurting people but the whole thing goes against her character, and she was always known for trying to get big stories and then does a 180. It just seemed like a big out of character moment. Not to mention, rather callous of April.

FredWolfLeonardo 04-05-2017 11:38 PM

One moment I can think of is in season 8 of the Red Sky episodes where April begins doubting the turtles after she suspects them of working with an evil ninja gang. Also, Raphaels remarks against Leo in the episode "Turtle Trek" where he challanges his leadership like the other versions. While Red Sky did have many out of character moments, they were still interesting to watch and the characters felt the same to the core.

Prowler 04-06-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1674380)
One moment I can think of is in season 8 of the Red Sky episodes where April begins doubting the turtles after she suspects them of working with an evil ninja gang. Also, Raphaels remarks against Leo in the episode "Turtle Trek" where he challanges his leadership like the other versions. While Red Sky did have many out of character moments, they were still interesting to watch and the characters felt the same to the core.

Yeah April doubting the Turtles was hard to buy.

Coola Yagami 04-08-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1674383)
Yeah April doubting the Turtles was hard to buy.

Especially 10 seasons in. I mean if this was episode 3 maybe... but after hanging with them for so long?

MikeandRaph87 04-08-2017 05:22 PM

Are we sticking with just the 1987 cartoon?

Random bits that come to mind are, Raphael stating Michaelangelo not having much to lose in Teenagers from Dimension X. Sure it was a constant thong in both 2003 cartoon and 2012 which Raphael bullies Michaelangelo making comments on his stupidity. Yet its the only time in this series.

Leonardo going soft for Lotus seems out of character even if he is more in awe of her ninja prowess.

Casey Jones matching Shredder's sword skill in Cyber Turtles.

Shredder putting himself on the line for Krang in Turtkes To The Second Power was oerhaps character growth, but seemed odd.

Rat King gainning backbone and being edgy in Wrath of the Rat King was sudden but cool.

There are others. That is what I thought of on the top of my head.

Utrommaniac 04-08-2017 05:27 PM

I personally can believe Shredder putting himself on the line for Krang, at least at that point in his career with him.
Especially after being in Dimension X with him and going through god knows what.

Now, Krang gleefully thanking Shredder for sharing his life energy is questionable.

Prowler 04-08-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1674983)
Especially 10 seasons in. I mean if this was episode 3 maybe... but after hanging with them for so long?

I also found it a bit out of character for Splinter an the Turtles to accept Carter in their group, a guy they had just met and who happened to read about the Foot Clan and Hamato Yoshi. How did he even know about that so late in the series?

And that episode about the Japanese kid named Yoku... Splinter and the Turtles had trained with him, what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1674986)
Are we sticking with just the 1987 cartoon?

Random bits that come to mind are, Raphael stating Michaelangelo not having much to lose in Teenagers from Dimension X. Sure it was a constant thong in both 2003 cartoon and 2012 which Raphael bullies Michaelangelo making comments on his stupidity. Yet its the only time in this series.

Leonardo going soft for Lotus seems out of character even if he is more in awe of her ninja prowess.

Casey Jones matching Shredder's sword skill in Cyber Turtles.

Shredder putting himself on the line for Krang in Turtkes To The Second Power was oerhaps character growth, but seemed odd.

Rat King gainning backbone and being edgy in Wrath of the Rat King was sudden but cool.

There are others. That is what I thought of on the top of my head.

Raphael made jokes about Michelangelo in the FW series often. They didn't fight nor did he "bully" him like in the 2k3 series, but he'd make jokes about him in several episodes.

Eh now that you mention it, Casey matching Shredder in sword ability is quite strange. How come I've never stopped to think about that? Good shout.

The Rat King having a backbone and telling Shredder and Krang to **** off wasn't out of character, imo. He's always had a bit of a mercenary nature to him... but I do wonder how he found out the Turtles Lair... hell how come several characters found out the Turtles Lair but NEVER told Shredder, Krang or Dregg? Lotus, the Rat King and Chronos all knew the location of their Lair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1674987)
I personally can believe Shredder putting himself on the line for Krang, at least at that point in his career with him.
Especially after being in Dimension X with him and going through god knows what.

Now, Krang gleefully thanking Shredder for sharing his life energy is questionable.

Yeah, my theory is that, spending time alone and lost in Dimension X they had to learn to tolerate each other. Remember that Shredder always planned to betray Krang in the end... but oddly enough not so much the other way around. Which is funny since Shredder was way more dependant on Krang due to his resources than Krang was on Shredder. And considering Krang had such a reputation for being a tyrannical warlord... I don't recall him ever trying to off/betray Shredder

Coola Yagami 04-08-2017 06:27 PM

Yeah, I remember that Yoku episode. So jarring.

I did find it weird having shredder and krang be so nice to each other on their last outing. It's been a long series for them so I guess they became friends in the end. I can kinda see krang thanking shredder for saving him, it's the only time I can recall krang ever being so close to death and shredder did stop to save him instead of just saying himself.

Prowler 04-08-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1675009)
Yeah, I remember that Yoku episode. So jarring.

I did find it weird having shredder and krang be so nice to each other on their last outing. It's been a long series for them so I guess they became friends in the end. I can kinda see krang thanking shredder for saving him, it's the only time I can recall krang ever being so close to death and shredder did stop to save him instead of just saying himself.

There seems to be lots of inconsistencies regarding the Foot Clan and Splinter's and Shredder's past in the FW series. I've also wondered why Shredder had such a honorable brother but a criminal mother... how are there even senior centres for retired supervillains? :lol:

And as I said, it was also odd to see Krang calling Dregg "mad" when Krang had also done lots of mad acts before.

Coola Yagami 04-08-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1675013)
There seems to be lots of inconsistencies regarding the Foot Clan and Splinter's and Shredder's past in the FW series. I've also wondered why Shredder had such a honorable brother but a criminal mother... how are there even senior centres for retired supervillains? :lol:

And as I said, it was also odd to see Krang calling Dregg "mad" when Krang had also done lots of mad acts before.

Cause it's not mad when he does it. :lol:

Yabuturtle 04-08-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1674991)
I also found it a bit out of character for Splinter an the Turtles to accept Carter in their group, a guy they had just met and who happened to read about the Foot Clan and Hamato Yoshi. How did he even know about that so late in the series?

And that episode about the Japanese kid named Yoku... Splinter and the Turtles had trained with him, what?

Raphael made jokes about Michelangelo in the FW series often. They didn't fight nor did he "bully" him like in the 2k3 series, but he'd make jokes about him in several episodes.

Eh now that you mention it, Casey matching Shredder in sword ability is quite strange. How come I've never stopped to think about that? Good shout.

The Rat King having a backbone and telling Shredder and Krang to **** off wasn't out of character, imo. He's always had a bit of a mercenary nature to him... but I do wonder how he found out the Turtles Lair... hell how come several characters found out the Turtles Lair but NEVER told Shredder, Krang or Dregg? Lotus, the Rat King and Chronos all knew the location of their Lair.

Yeah, my theory is that, spending time alone and lost in Dimension X they had to learn to tolerate each other. Remember that Shredder always planned to betray Krang in the end... but oddly enough not so much the other way around. Which is funny since Shredder was way more dependant on Krang due to his resources than Krang was on Shredder. And considering Krang had such a reputation for being a tyrannical warlord... I don't recall him ever trying to off/betray Shredder

Krang did kind of betray Shredder in episode 5 when they were sent back to Dimension X. They were more like partners. It was supposed to be a partnership but Krang says that he's absolute master in Dimension X and Shredder will do his bidding, to which Shredder angrily replies "The Shredder takes orders from no one!"

ToTheNines 04-09-2017 05:47 AM

Leonardo quitting the team after one bad dream comes to mind.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 04-09-2017 06:23 AM

Ramo-Irma

Rambo-Irma in "Shredder Triumphant"

Rooish 04-09-2017 12:29 PM

Don seems a little off in both Mirage Volume 1 TMNT #37 and TMNT #43.

In the former, he has this spiritual revelation and completely loses his mind and thinks himself a shaman. This seems... a little unlikely for someone level headed and rational like Donatello.

Also, in 43 he goes entirely the opposite way. While attempting a spiritual exercise that, given his upbringing, Don should have no trouble with, he alternates between petulant and goofy. Even Mikey does better than him. Just seems unusual.

And Raphael's personality is pretty weird in The River trilogy. I almost think the story should be Mikey's.

Wesley 04-09-2017 01:01 PM

Mikey being scolded a lot by the other Turtles for goofing off in "Havoc in the Streets".

Jephael 04-10-2017 02:27 AM

Donatello spazzing out in a couple 1992 episodes, especially the one where Vernon's nephew creates the device that pulls the Earth closer to the sun. It's like, jeez Don, cool your jets!

pferreira 04-13-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1675122)
Leonardo quitting the team after one bad dream comes to mind.

That was a long time coming, I think that nightmare was the final straw.

ToTheNines 04-13-2017 08:35 AM

If I had limited internet access, I'd sure make better use of it than just trolling.

pferreira 04-13-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1676321)
If I had limited internet access, I'd sure make better use of it than just trolling.

It's people like you that make fandom so great. :roll:

DestronMirage22 04-13-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1675131)
Rambo-Irma in "Shredder Triumphant"

Or how about the way she acted in the Mutant Turtles Gaiden manga? :teek: