The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Questions/Comments/Suggestions (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Suggestion] Technodrome After Dark (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=50248)

FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza 12-09-2014 10:06 PM

Ohh this sounds fun. Can I get an invite?

Refractive Reflections 12-11-2014 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza (Post 1388872)
Are you saying we're all bad actors? ;P

**sniff** Don't tell me you think Heather Locklear is a bad actress now...:(
:P:lol::lol::lol:

...So who's the Amanda Woodward (Heather Locklear's character on Melrose Place) in our forums? :lol:

DarthRaphael 12-11-2014 07:37 AM

Whats the deal with this. Fill me in.

snake 12-11-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthRaphael (Post 1391347)
Whats the deal with this. Fill me in.

A thread got carried away and everyone wants an over 18 disscussion group where they can talk about sex.

DarthRaphael 12-11-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1391371)
A thread got carried away and everyone wants an over 18 disscussion group where they can talk about sex.

Ohhh Kaay. Isn't that a little odd for a forum dedicated to a children's toon, comic book, and movie franchise? It gets hard to prove out ages, moderate, etc. Sounds like a liability. My very honest opinion.

snake 12-11-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthRaphael (Post 1391373)
Ohhh Kaay. Isn't that a little odd for a forum dedicated to a children's toon, comic book, and movie franchise? It gets hard to prove out ages, moderate, etc. Sounds like a liability. My very honest opinion.

Yup. I don't have a problem with it, but it is a little strange.

Super Goku 12-11-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Blond (Post 1386951)
How about a private invite-only sub-forum where 'Dromers could discuss their sexual peccadillos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxSI1QsIo8g

Leo656 12-11-2014 12:47 PM

I find it funny how many people have no problem being "adults" while having overly-serious and often-contentious conversations about a kids' cartoon, but don't think it's okay for grown-ups to have a place to talk about things grown-ups actually do. It's very telling.

DarthRaphael 12-11-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1391454)
I find it funny how many people have no problem being "adults" while having overly-serious and often-contentious conversations about a kids' cartoon, but don't think it's okay for grown-ups to have a place to talk about things grown-ups actually do. It's very telling.

I just don't know if this is the right place for it. Nothing against those conversations in general.

Have any of the admins made a comment about it yet?

Prowler 12-11-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1391454)

I think the worst thing is not being able to discuss real world problems such as politics, religion, etc. here. I know those kind of debates don't tend to end that well on the internet, but on a forum that consists mostly of adult members, I find it a little sad that people cant' control themselves and be mature about such issues.

Sure, this is a TMNT forum, but every forum needs some sort of off-topic section. And as much as I enjoy discussing video games, movies, music, etc. real life also exists and people should be allowed to discuss politics, the economy, society, religion, etc.

Nameless 12-11-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthRaphael (Post 1391456)
I just don't know if this is the right place for it. Nothing against those conversations in general.

Have any of the admins made a comment about it yet?

try reading the thread... 2nd page you'll see it was an admins idea for the social invite only social group that they set up...

DarthRaphael 12-11-2014 01:00 PM

What do you guys/gals think the criteria should be for gaining access to a 'mature audience' portion of the site?

DarthRaphael 12-11-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nameless (Post 1391461)
try reading the thread... 2nd page you'll see it was an admins idea for the social invite only social group that they set up...

I must have skimmed on some of the details.

Nameless 12-11-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthRaphael (Post 1391463)
I must have skimmed on some of the details.

lol nice... personally i'm all for right place for things so happy they did it... and its invite only and my guess it will only have members who have been around long enough that they would have a good idea the age or more specifically the maturity level of that person...

hopefully it keeps the other threads a bit cleaner

DarthRaphael 12-11-2014 01:11 PM

Ahh I see the group already exists. Found it.

As long as a Google search can't pear into those discussions I don't think it really matters if it exists or not. I must have also under-estimated the amount of adults on here. Now I'm interested in seeing what the 8 of you have been talking about. :oops::o;)

Leo656 12-11-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nameless (Post 1391468)
hopefully it keeps the other threads a bit cleaner

Not if I have anything to say about it. :tgrin:

DarkFell 12-11-2014 02:16 PM

You guys can invite me to your club if you want. If not, then that's okay too. I'm cool with it either way.

Fang Wolf 12-11-2014 02:29 PM

Invite me in for I'm 30 year old...:)
Hehe - I like some yummy stuff...:tanime:

Dirty Blond 12-11-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterTurtle (Post 1391451)

No embed no care.

pennydreadful 12-11-2014 02:48 PM

Hey Darth - I get what you mean re people proving their age; by the same token, it is discussion-only -- it's not like we're linking to adult material or anything, it's just for talking about stuff.

I'm in charge of the invites and as nameless said, there aren't going to be any invites issued to brand new members where I don't know them/can't gauge their maturity level - that's just asking for trouble.

I appreciate that there are a) people who are underage, and b) people who aren't comfortable discussing such things. That being said, there are people who do like to discuss those a variety of things related to those issues, so I think it's better for everyone that we have that private space.

Invites issued to those who've asked for them as well. :)