The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   February 2020 Solicitations (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=62073)

AlZarkovski 11-22-2019 04:24 AM

February 2020 Solicitations

TMNT ONGOING #103

(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman, Sophie Campbell (A/CA) Sophie Campbell

As the Turtles struggle to come together in the face of recent setbacks, Old Hob's unusual new enforcers make their presence known. Will they be friend or foe?

TMNT JENNIKA #1 (OF 3)

(W) Brahm Revel (A/CA) Brahm Revel

Trying to acclimate to life as a mutant, the newest Turtle Jennika embarks on a solo adventure that will force her to come to terms with both her troubled past and conflicted present. Not to mention a brand new villain! Brahm Revel (Guerrillas) returns to reveal more of Jennika's backstory from his acclaimed TMNT Universe tale "What is Ninja?"!

TMNT URBAN LEGENDS #22

(W) Gary Carlson (A/CA) Frank Fosco

While Leonardo recovers from his fight in the sewers and Casey Jones celebrates his "victory" over the monsters inhabiting it, trouble brews within the Foot Clan. Will Raphael be able to hold on to his title of leader when he's challenged by Pimiko, the woman who claims to be the Shredder's daughter?

AquaParade 11-22-2019 05:53 AM

Sophie Campbell, that’s a really cool cover.

It’s funny - sometimes your art style comes across as so gentle and soft, which it is, but then I see an image like this that reminds me there is still a “bite” to it (pun unavoidable). I mean, those teeth look vicious. It’s an interesting mix. Looking forward to seeing the interiors.

Secondly, having a fifth turtle is weird! I’ll have to read some stories, but I’m curious to see if I warm up to it. I was never raising a pitchfork or anything when the reincarnation element was introduced, but I did need a few months to warm up to it. That could be the case here.

And honestly, whenever I think of the turtles being reincarnated, I geek out a bit. It’s fkn cool!
The Mirage origin will always be my ideal version of the TMNT, but that doesn’t matter. The reincarnation is such a fresh dynamic. I like it more as time goes on.

One last thing: I think the reincarnation origin is the smartest way to reintroduce TMNT on the big-screen, because it’s actually easier to sell that to a casual audience, as well as being something fresh for old fans. I’d just say, go light on the details of their previous life and keep things ambiguous.

Mutant Ninja Anole 11-22-2019 07:12 AM

Same energy http://rlv.zcache.co.uk/mans_life_se..._8byvr_512.jpg

MikeandRaph87 11-22-2019 07:27 AM

So The Mutanimals break up, Old Hob goes back to being a villain and he has mole enforcers inspired by the early role play game?

Chien Khan as the villian in her mini-series? Also, this will be the trial by fire for the character in terms of will she catch on and be accepted by fandom as she is now.

ChosenOne 11-22-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1826533)
So The Mutanimals break up, Old Hob goes back to being a villain and he has mole enforcers inspired by the early role play game?

Chien Khan as the villian in her mini-series? Also, this will be the trial by fire for the character in terms of will she catch on and be accepted by fandom as she is now.

Those are ferrets. Or martens, hard to say, but they're definitely some sort of mustelid.

Chien Khan?! Holy ****! Where?! :o

CyberCubed 11-22-2019 09:30 AM

Those look like mutant gerbils to me on the cover, lol of Old Hob has to get some little tiny mutants if nobody wants to help him

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 11-22-2019 09:40 AM

I know I've been pretty skeptical about Jennika as a character, but I'm really excited for her mini-series. I think it'll make me care about her as a character.

And I'm really excited for a fifth female Turtle in the stories going forward, even if I don't like how she came about or that she used to be human.

Cautiously optimistic, I'm sayin'.

Shargor 11-22-2019 09:48 AM

Other covers.

TMNT ONGOING #103

TMNT JENNIKA #1 (OF 3)

TMNT URBAN LEGENDS #22

ChosenOne 11-22-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1826543)
Those look like mutant gerbils to me on the cover, lol of Old Hob has to get some little tiny mutants if nobody wants to help him

It's possible you may have been swindled by a pet shop owner at some point in your life. :D:lol:

MikeandRaph87 11-22-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1826537)
Those are ferrets. Or martens, hard to say, but they're definitely some sort of mustelid.

Chien Khan?! Holy ****! Where?! :o

I am just guessing who could be a new threat based on past characters.

frank_one 11-22-2019 11:32 AM

Sophie's cover for #103 is... wow!
Hey, what's up with those feet? Jennika has three toes?

hypered1 11-22-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank_one (Post 1826564)
Sophie's cover for #103 is... wow!
Hey, what's up with those feet? Jennika has three toes?

Hmm, I'm not sure.. She had three toes in some of her concept art, but in issues 95, 97 and 98 she's drawn with the regular two toes. I'd say that cover is based on the concept design and could possibly be tweaked before it goes to print. Then again the 2012 series gave them all three toes

LUIS 11-22-2019 10:21 PM

I really hate Brahm Revel art, I'll still check out the mini, but I don't know why or how he gets to draw more issues, let alone a whole mini..

funatic 11-23-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1826543)

or are they Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters? :trazz:

Utrommaniac 11-23-2019 03:18 PM

Gonna agree that they look like some kind of weasels like minks to me. Minks and a martin maybe.

Igglet 11-23-2019 03:29 PM

Wait a minute. Is it just me or is Leo wielding Splinter's old staff in that #103 panel???

MikeandRaph87 11-23-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igglet (Post 1826682)
Wait a minute. Is it just me or is Leo wielding Splinter's old staff in that #103 panel???

Quite observant and probably correct. Also, what tag is that on the weasel creature's ear that is biting Jennika's mask.

ChosenOne 11-23-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igglet (Post 1826682)

You mean the cover up top by Campbell? Even in a different color it still looks like a ninjato blade to me, I'd chalk it up to a coloring error.

CyberCubed 11-23-2019 05:22 PM

I like that we seem to be going into some smaller time stories, the TMNT need a break after all the big events back to back. I wouldn't mind a bunch of self-contained issues for awhile with a few recurring plots in them.

Damo 11-25-2019 02:27 AM

Really hope the three toes cover gets fixed. It just looks weird.

And man, I am getting wonderful Night of the Lepus energy from the 103 cover!