The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Netflix Luke Cage series (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53190)

ToTheNines 08-29-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1710387)
Yeah, it kind of looks like the behind the scenes pictures of Bucky with the green dots on his fake arm.

Caught ya slipping. Forgot the all caps.

Andrew NDB 08-29-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1710390)
Caught ya slipping. Forgot the all caps.

But I'm usually so good about that...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-29-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1710388)
Spoiler:
Defenders ends with Colleen telling her that Rand will take care of her. So it might not be Stark, but Rand.

Yeah... I never got the impression that Rand did tech, though. But hey, if they want to go that route, I won't complain.

Andrew NDB 08-29-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1710395)
Yeah... I never got the impression that Rand did tech, though. But hey, if they want to go that route, I won't complain.

I would complain. There's literally in-story bits in the Marvel movies where Stark is talking about using his tech to help people with prosthetics and such... why go the Rand route when there's already an in-universe thing? Plus that's what it is in the comics.

Autbot_Benz 05-07-2018 03:35 PM


CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 05-07-2018 03:45 PM

I try to remember how much I liked Cottonmouth and Mariah... but all I see when I close my eyes is that awful, William Shatner-esque Diamondback in his green Hammer pants. :trazz:

Andrew NDB 05-07-2018 05:13 PM

So they're doing the "Luke Cage loses his powers" thing all over again? And after ending the last season with Diamondback getting Luke Cage's powers... let's just introduce some other new guy with (something close to) Luke Cage's powers?

PApagreg 05-07-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1758746)
So they're doing the "Luke Cage loses his powers" thing all over again? And after ending the last season with Diamondback getting Luke Cage's powers... let's just introduce some other new guy with (something close to) Luke Cage's powers?

1.He didn't/doesn't lose his powers in the last and current season, in the former he had to get the Judas bullet out him and in this one we have a man who can hurt Luke

2. What else are they supposed to do, have an antagonist who can't hurt Luke in anyway.

OT, if there is one thing I don't like about the trailer is that Bushmaster's kick looked too floaty and extra when he kicked Luke.

Andrew NDB 06-25-2018 12:49 PM

Saw the first two episodes of season 2. Is it just me... or is this season starting out mind-numbingly boringly?

Autbot_Benz 06-25-2018 03:10 PM

I am half way though this and I love it. Bushmaster is such an awesome Villain.

MsMarvelDuckie 06-25-2018 05:07 PM

Am I the only one who realizes that Danny Rand has nearly as big a hand in tech business as Stark? Tony doesn't have that market cornered in the MU, by any means. There is Rand, Wakanda, Moon Knight(who builds all his own tech, much like Batman), AIM, and many others. Rand is also more philanthropic, in that he has his own foundation for charitable causes. Sorry, but this is all stuff that cones up in the comics, even if the shows haven't explicitly stated it or shown it.

NinjaPug 06-25-2018 07:01 PM

First few episodes are very boring. These episodes are way too long too.

The acting in this is not great. The guy playing Shades is terrible.

Luke Cage's fight scenes are still bad. The actor looks so stiff in those scenes.

Autbot_Benz 06-26-2018 12:50 AM

Luke Cage Season 2 did Iron Fist better than the whole first Season of Iron Fist

Andrew NDB 06-26-2018 02:40 AM

Guy playing Shades isn't bad at all... he's just... awkwardly playing the opposite of a cougar. So far. Season 1 he was awesome, sort of the harbinger of some coming threat. Now he's sort of... this odd thing.

Guy playing Shades also seems like he is the splitting image of a young Coulson. Like, the exact same actor. With the same mannerisms. It bugged me so long in season 1 before I figured it out.

Autbot_Benz 06-27-2018 01:53 AM

ya I just finished it. Really good and the ending I didn't see. Theo Rossi once again gives a great performance just like when he played Juice in SOA.

loved newcomer Gabrielle Dennis who played Tilda she is gorgeous a great actress and a good singer too.

Cure 06-30-2018 05:40 PM

Yo, the argument between Luke Cage and nurse bitch is atroooooooocious. The dialogue is way bad.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-09-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1766826)
Guy playing Shades isn't bad at all... he's just... awkwardly playing the opposite of a cougar. So far. Season 1 he was awesome, sort of the harbinger of some coming threat. Now he's sort of... this odd thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1766728)
Saw the first two episodes of season 2. Is it just me... or is this season starting out mind-numbingly boringly?

Man, this is... this is not good. I finally started it, and the first two episodes are incredibly slow.

And this weird Shades/Mariah romance is just bizarre. Mariah and Shades both seem... tired. Stilted. Flat. All of the menace and badassery is gone.

This makes Diamondback seem less terrible. Not GOOD, but not the worst part of Luke Cage. Not sure I'm gonna make it.

Tell me it gets better?

Autbot_Benz 07-09-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1768598)
Man, this is... this is not good. I finally started it, and the first two episodes are incredibly slow.

And this weird Shades/Mariah romance is just bizarre. Mariah and Shades both seem... tired. Stilted. Flat. All of the menace and badassery is gone.

This makes Diamondback seem less terrible. Not GOOD, but not the worst part of Luke Cage. Not sure I'm gonna make it.

Tell me it gets better?

Bushmaster is a great Villain and Episode 10 makes Iron Fist likeable

Andrew NDB 07-10-2018 02:02 AM

I've gotten a bit further after a bit of a break and I'm totally sold on Bushmaster. And those old black guys in that shop clowning Luke Cage. The rest.... ehhhhh... it works when it works, when it doesn't... it's a lot of people talking about uninteresting stuff.

Candy Kappa 07-10-2018 03:53 AM

I really enjoyed this season, loved Bushmaster and Danny was likeable like, whaaat.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.