The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Kickstarter: TMNT Action Figure Encyclopedia (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58465)

Nortock Diab 06-18-2018 06:57 AM

A few pictures from the most recent update:

https://i12.servimg.com/u/f12/19/48/76/20/1ere10.jpg https://i12.servimg.com/u/f12/19/48/76/20/4eme10.jpg https://i12.servimg.com/u/f12/19/48/76/20/int10.jpg

NAG!!! 06-18-2018 03:56 PM

:teek: upload more picture please!!!!!!

eastlos217 06-18-2018 04:42 PM

i wish they showed carded variants too. idk how i feel about the loose pictures =/

Cyrian 06-20-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastlos217 (Post 1765498)
i wish they showed carded variants too. idk how i feel about the loose pictures =/

And it doesn't look like any accessories either. That was one of the more useful parts of some of the Transformers figure encyclopedias out there. =/

I Crave Pizza No More 06-20-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrian (Post 1765766)
And it doesn't look like any accessories either. That was one of the more useful parts of some of the Transformers figure encyclopedias out there. =/

That's a good point, and a missed opportunity.

mikey see 06-20-2018 11:08 AM

Is that the full extent of the listing for each figure? If so, that's pretty darn bare-bones. The photos aren't great either.

Maybe someone can convince Mark Bellomo to tackle a TMNT book.

TheCanadiandrome 06-20-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nortock Diab (Post 1765433)

dayum! me like :o

DonnieLaForge 06-21-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrian (Post 1765766)

Supposedly there was going to be a section full of packaging. If it's exhaustive, which who knows if it will be (or even if that section made the final cut), the card backs will show accessories. Although often times the actual accessory differed from what was pictured.

Panther10 07-24-2018 12:22 AM

Never thought I'd be on the verge of owning this years SDCC TMNT exclusive before this encyclopedia arrived when it was first announced. And yet, here we are.....

RaphaelinSTL 07-24-2018 03:25 PM

Yeah, this is getting god damn ridiculous.

I'm sure we won't get these till winter at the earliest.

wpugh2424 07-25-2018 09:03 PM

I'm still looking for one of these
Hoping there will be some left over

cloud 07-26-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpugh2424 (Post 1771228)

Me too. Missed out on the early chances.

Sabacooza 07-26-2018 04:00 PM

Front and back covers look cool but the interior pages look boring. There's too much negative space and it looks incomplete. It's still cool that this is being done though.

Danakin 07-26-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpugh2424 (Post 1771228)

If I ever get mine I'll most likely be turning around and selling it. This project got progressively worse with each update, not even counting the never ending delays. It's visually uninteresting and empty in design and, most likely, actual content. The vintage line looks to be represented by 1" thumbnail images of each toy. I mean really, dude?

eastlos217 07-27-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danakin (Post 1771423)
If I ever get mine I'll most likely be turning around and selling it. This project got progressively worse with each update, not even counting the never ending delays. It's visually uninteresting and empty in design and, most likely, actual content. The vintage line looks to be represented by 1" thumbnail images of each toy. I mean really, dude?

yea i agree. it sucks that its only one thumbnail image. it would be nice to see the cardback, and variations. especially for the price and long wait.

Danakin 07-28-2018 06:24 PM

Personally, I feel that the vintage line should have been the focus of a book like this. Sure, the newer stuff is neat to have in it (and sure is easier to find photos of, which seems to have been his priority) but I could have done without in exchange for an exhaustive, all inclusive look at the vintage toy line.

DonnieLaForge 08-06-2018 11:56 AM

Check every nook and cranny of your e-mail inboxes, folks. An update went out on an unofficial channel, via MailChimp, NOT from KickStarter, about this book. August 4th, subject: TMNT BOOK KICKSTARTER.

First of all it sounds like Nickelodeon's involvement was more of a "what the heck do you think you're doing, we need to discuss laws" situation than a "wow what a cool book lets throw our support behind it" situation as it was sort of made to sound originally.

The most important update is that now these are apparently being redirected on the water to a Miami port, and as such, the new "arrival date" is late November. I suspect by arrival he does not mean arrival to our homes, but arrival to Miami.

Also important: there is a link to a web form for backers to submit their address for shipping. I presume we all need to find the e-mail and follow the link and do this or we will not receive anything.

The author will be shipping them out one by one manually with the help of some friends and will use this information to link up what he has from the KS DB with the delivery info. Having known people who have run KickStarters it is correct that the sellers need to collect this information, and it is true that sometimes they use a 3rd party backerkit to do so, but this does not look like backerkit. Some people in the comments section of the KS are complaining that this looks shady. I think I understand why.. trying to keep the final part of this more under the radar per settling with Nick to avoid losing the books entirely would be my guess. But I believe it to be legit and will fill it out. But I won't link it here so that you will have to find your own e-mail and make your own decision and not have me to blame.

Anyway, what a ride, and now we are asked to wait 3-4 additional months.

I noticed the e-mail opens up with a picture of the 2019 calendar that is to be included with the book. The very first photo shows a giant typo in the month name "FEBURARY"... d'oh. I hope that is not a sign of typos galore in the book (spoiler alert, it probably is)...

I still think this will be pretty awesome, if we get it. I can even see my photo in the little THANK YOU page pic in the e-mail. Apparently the author had early access to Rise and other figures so there are some new things that made the cut.

Lordmylar06 08-06-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge (Post 1772906)
Check every nook and cranny of your e-mail inboxes, folks. An update went out on an unofficial channel, via MailChimp, NOT from KickStarter, about this book. August 4th, subject: TMNT BOOK KICKSTARTER.

I've received no such email.

I Crave Pizza No More 08-06-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 (Post 1772943)
I've received no such email.

I'll check again, but I didn't see it, either.

TheMasterTurtle 08-06-2018 05:33 PM

I saw it this morning and it was stuck in my spam. Be sure to check there