The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Canadian Toy Sightings (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49052)

TheCanadiandrome 12-16-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snooz (Post 1393583)
I do recall that Classic Bebop & Rocksteady showed up for the first time in Canada around this time last year. Fingers crossed that the Classic Movie Turtles will be on Canadian shelves soon. I stopped at the Walmart near my house today, it is a small one and they had nothing new. Maybe I'll head to the bigger one tomorrow to take a look.

Where you from? And yeah I hope the Movie Turtles make it to Canada

snooz 12-17-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1393679)
Where you from? And yeah I hope the Movie Turtles make it to Canada

Living in Halifax now. I had been in Edmonton for the past 10 years

TheCanadiandrome 12-17-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snooz (Post 1393820)
Living in Halifax now. I had been in Edmonton for the past 10 years

sweetness! both places i'd love to go to one day. have been to Edmonton but that's like 20 years ago and have never been as far East as Halifax

cloud 12-17-2014 04:38 PM

Isn't the movie Turtles a TRU exclusive in the States? I wonder if it's the same case for Canada then we are truly screwed.

ianke_2002 12-18-2014 02:16 AM

if there is anyone that lives around southern ontario and will eventually want to trade blind bag tmnt toys (minimates/kidrobot vinyls, etc) it would be great to know!

TheCanadiandrome 12-18-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 1393982)
Isn't the movie Turtles a TRU exclusive in the States? I wonder if it's the same case for Canada then we are truly screwed.

maybe, who knows. there's been sightings of the Classics figures at Walmarts, so maybe they won't be TrU exclusives up here

snooz 12-19-2014 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome (Post 1393919)
sweetness! both places i'd love to go to one day. have been to Edmonton but that's like 20 years ago and have never been as far East as Halifax

I wouldn't say Edmonton is a destination.. If you're in the west and it is easily accessible, sure. Edmonton is a city that has no identity. It is loaded with big-box stores and chain restaurants. It has cool spots but there aren't many. Halifax, however, is beautiful and full of culture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 1393982)

The first two waves of classics have been in Walmart and Target, so I can't imagine this would be any different. Likely only a TRU exclusive line in the US

Also, did check a bigger Walmart and found the new wave. Tigerclaw, LARP turtles, comic turtles etc were all there.

nellyp 12-19-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snooz (Post 1394816)

Also, did check a bigger Walmart and found the new wave. Tigerclaw, LARP turtles, comic turtles etc were all there.

thats great. what did you pick up?

TheCanadiandrome 12-19-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snooz (Post 1394816)
I wouldn't say Edmonton is a destination.. If you're in the west and it is easily accessible, sure. Edmonton is a city that has no identity. It is loaded with big-box stores and chain restaurants. It has cool spots but there aren't many. Halifax, however, is beautiful and full of culture.

lol well u convinced me :lol:

snooz 12-20-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nellyp (Post 1395358)
thats great. what did you pick up?

I didn't get anything actually. The only TMNT figures on my list right now are the movie classics and The Loyal Subjects vinyls. I already have the set of LARP turtles, picked them up while driving through the US a few months ago. I enjoy the nick show but don't collect the line, just really liked those LARP turtles. Also don't think I need the comic turtles.. I have the NECA set, that's good enough for me.

lilymonster 01-14-2015 08:29 AM

Our local comic shop has the 1990 movie turtle toys, but it's the only place I have seen them. So excited that the LARP turtles finally arrived just before christmas here.

TheCanadiandrome 01-15-2015 05:07 PM

that's cool! i'm hopin when the next time i'm in Regina that Comic Readers has em!

I hope we get the T-Machines here

nellyp 01-24-2015 04:25 PM

Our local Walmart finally restocked their shelves. More comic book turtles and the rest of the new Canada wave. Disappointed that there is no bebop and rocksteady though.

This is also the first time seeing dojo splinter on the pegs here in Canada. It was such a rare sight I felt I needed to snap a photo. Like an albino tiger in the wild, so I snapped a pic of him next to an actual tiger in the wild :P

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8hm2zg0z.jpg

TheCanadiandrome 01-24-2015 09:44 PM

yeah bloody rediculous how B&R keep aluding us

Shedder 02-25-2015 08:43 AM

Canadian Update. Walmart now has in the new "mutations turtles" wave (all 4 turtles that convert to a baby turtle) and the "swapperz" first wave. Saw the entire first wave swapperz on the pegs. These were spotted at a walmart in Burlington Ontario. Still no B+R and very little in the actual action figures on the pegs

By swapperz I mean the ones that you can switch out the limbs and bodies to create different looking mixture mutants

TheCanadiandrome 02-25-2015 03:58 PM

yeah i'd love some B+R and the new vehicles. dats about all im interested in atm. also, i'm still miffed we never saw wave two of the ooze cannisters! had to get em off ebay and other sources

nellyp 02-25-2015 05:38 PM

my local walmart restocked their basic figures monday and it was all stuff that came out in august. i am gonna have to check later in the week to see if they got the new mutations stuff. Really hoping Bebop and Rocksteady make it out before mid march cause our son's 6th birthday is April 2nd so i need enough time to get them online if they dont get them here.

silvertone 02-26-2015 09:41 AM

The Movie Classics haven't made it to Canada yet have they?

I haven't seen much new stuff here in Calgary. Kind of a drag...

Shedder 02-26-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvertone (Post 1425350)
The Movie Classics haven't made it to Canada yet have they?

I haven't seen much new stuff here in Calgary. Kind of a drag...

I havent seen them or heard anything about them here yet which is getting kind of rediculous

TheCanadiandrome 02-26-2015 04:28 PM

yes it is! we're constantly getting shafted! it's retarded