The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TMNT: Rescue Palooza (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51012)

Jester 05-05-2015 03:54 PM

Man...this is gettin' good.

*wonders what the odds of Punk Frogs are. Heck, someone should try and make an Adjective Adjective Punk Frogs game.

Nelson 05-05-2015 10:23 PM

"Adjective Adjective Punk Frogs" sounds good to me!

Also The Punk Frogs are 100% in this game. So far I only have the idle sprite of one of them, though.

oldmanwinters 05-05-2015 10:26 PM

Well, Microsoft has been showing the Battletoads some love of recent days, so I expect the Punk Frogs are ripe for a TMNT spin-off!

:lol:

Jester 05-05-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson (Post 1454581)
"Adjective Adjective Punk Frogs" sounds good to me!

Also The Punk Frogs are 100% in this game. So far I only have the idle sprite of one of them, though.

Would they be that hard to do? The pallet and weapons swaps that they are. :P

Nelson 05-05-2015 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1454584)
Well, Microsoft has been showing the Battletoads some love of recent days, so I expect the Punk Frogs are ripe for a TMNT spin-off!

:lol:

I wasn't aware of that!

And Jester yeah I would make one base character and just change the weapons and colors, except for whatshisname with the bow and arrow.

Jester 05-05-2015 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson (Post 1454593)
I wasn't aware of that!

And Jester yeah I would make one base character and just change the weapons and colors, except for whatshisname with the bow and arrow.

Gahh.....you know I cain't tell them apart. :P

Nelson 05-05-2015 11:00 PM

No one can, not even Shredder.

This is the WIP sprite I mentioned before:
http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/a...kanimation.jpg

Xav 05-06-2015 12:12 AM

Are you gonna give Genghis his polka dots on his shirt?

Cryomancer 05-06-2015 12:20 AM

I was thinking the other day that Battletoads sprites would be a good place to start for punk frogs maybe. Although the posture is probably all wrong.

The Shovel Knight crossover thing with the Battletoads actually has a bunch of new sprites and stuff, they put a surprising amount of effort into it.

Nelson 05-11-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xav (Post 1454609)
Are you gonna give Genghis his polka dots on his shirt?

I tried adding the dots before but it looked too busy so I took them out. Also it's easier to recolor the rest of the frogs if their shirts are plain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomancer (Post 1454611)
I was thinking the other day that Battletoads sprites would be a good place to start for punk frogs maybe. Although the posture is probably all wrong.

The Shovel Knight crossover thing with the Battletoads actually has a bunch of new sprites and stuff, they put a surprising amount of effort into it.

I also tried using Battletoads sprites but it looked very off and settled on making new sprites.

Alright guys, would you like to help me out? I need sprites for Mechaturtle and that weird cyclops robot from the level 3 of TMNT1 for the nes. I was going to rip them myself but that would mean beating level 3 of the game... that would take quite a bit of time that I would rather use on working on the game. Let me know.

oldmanwinters 05-11-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson (Post 1457507)

Alright guys, would you like to help me out? I need sprites for Mechaturtle and that weird cyclops robot from the level 3 of TMNT1 for the nes. I was going to rip them myself but that would mean beating level 3 of the game... that would take quite a bit of time that I would rather use on working on the game. Let me know.

Well, instead of trying to rip them myself, it might be easiest for me to send you a save state that picks up right where the cyclops enemy & Mechaturtle make their appearances. Would that work?

Nelson 05-11-2015 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1457526)
Well, instead of trying to rip them myself, it might be easiest for me to send you a save state that picks up right where the cyclops enemy & Mechaturtle make their appearances. Would that work?

That would be perfect. Thanks man!

Oh and while we're on the subject... I wouldn't say no to a savestate for the Giant Mouser as well :D

DarkFell 05-11-2015 09:20 PM

I don't know if this question has been asked, so I'm gonna ask anyway. Will all of the OT villains also be playable characters? So far I've only seen Groundchuck as a playable (?) villain.

Nelson 05-11-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkFell (Post 1457543)
I don't know if this question has been asked, so I'm gonna ask anyway. Will all of the OT villains also be playable characters? So far I've only seen Groundchuck as a playable (?) villain.

Well, not ALL of the villains from the OT are present. But you'll be able to play as the bosses of the game after you defeat them.

oldmanwinters 05-11-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson (Post 1457539)
That would be perfect. Thanks man!

Oh and while we're on the subject... I wouldn't say no to a savestate for the Giant Mouser as well :D

Alright, I used Nestopia for these. Hopefully, you can still access them. If I have opportunity, I'll try to get you a giant Mouser one too. I'm not crazy about my PC controller for side-scrolling games, so precise steps and jumps can be tricky, and there are many in Level 4.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9sr...0save%20states

[Edit, the upload is going a little slow, so I apologize if the link isn't ready.]

DarkFell 05-11-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson (Post 1457548)
Well, not ALL of the villains from the OT are present. But you'll be able to play as the bosses of the game after you defeat them.

NICE.:kgrin:

Nelson 05-11-2015 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1457549)
Alright, I used Nestopia for these. Hopefully, you can still access them. If I have opportunity, I'll try to get you a giant Mouser one too. I'm not crazy about my PC controller for side-scrolling games, so precise steps and jumps can be tricky, and there are many in Level 4.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9sr...0save%20states

[Edit, the upload is going a little slow, so I apologize if the link isn't ready.]

Wow that was crazy fast! Thank you, my friend.

No rush on the giant mouser, I won't be working with it for a few weeks (maybe months)

oldmanwinters 05-12-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson (Post 1457592)
Wow that was crazy fast! Thank you, my friend.

No rush on the giant mouser, I won't be working with it for a few weeks (maybe months)

I am pretty good at that game. Did you notice I got you to the Level 3 boss with all Turtles stocked with secondary weapons and at almost full health? :tcool:

Nelson 05-12-2015 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1457676)
I am pretty good at that game. Did you notice I got you to the Level 3 boss with all Turtles stocked with secondary weapons and at almost full health? :tcool:

Yes I did, yes I did. I was like ARE YOU KIDDING ME *throws shoe at your face, in a friendly way*

Now... I could use MORE help! Give me all of the helps. I'm thinking of ripping the Fugitoid sprites from TMNT3 Mutant Somethingsomething from the DS. He may also appear in the second game for the GBA but I'm not sure. I know that it appears in the third game as a wussy that you have to protect. What a loser. Anyway if anyone wants to send a savestate my way with the Fugitoid level I will appreciate it. Thanks guys.

EDIT: He's in level 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6bDQYALKk0

oldmanwinters 05-12-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson (Post 1457794)
Now... I could use MORE help! Give me all of the helps. I'm thinking of ripping the Fugitoid sprites from TMNT3 Mutant Somethingsomething from the DS. He may also appear in the second game for the GBA but I'm not sure. I know that it appears in the third game as a wussy that you have to protect. What a loser. Anyway if anyone wants to send a savestate my way with the Fugitoid level I will appreciate it. Thanks guys.

EDIT: He's in level 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6bDQYALKk0

The Nintendo DS version of Mutant Nightmare is one TMNT game I've actually never played, though I would certainly like to. I rather enjoyed the console version, although it certainly could be frustrating at times.

When you mentioned the Fugitoid sprites in TMNT3, I originally thought you might have meant the NES Manhattan Project where Fugitoid-like robots attack you in the Technodrome stage.

Check the 00:36 mark: