The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Offical WWE TMNT Toy discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56123)

turtlefanforever 08-07-2016 05:20 PM

Offical WWE TMNT Toy discussion

Revelead at SDCC although no pictures were allowed there are 4 WWE/TMNT Figures on the way.
Leo/Cena
Don/Undertaker
Mikey/Savage
Raph/Sting

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2016/07/21...les-interview/

Quote:

Playmates Toys will be offering new 6″ Turtles that are a mash up between Turtles and WWE. While no photography was allowed, we were the first to see these in person even before WWE. These are quite an interesting take on both franchises and we feel that it brings them together nicely.

The figures will include:

Mikey as Randy Savage
Leo as John Cena
Raph as Sting
Donnie as The Undertaker

These figure will have slightly less articulation than the other 6″ figure offerings. They will also come with some WWE accessories like a garbage can, steel chair that does not fold, and various other accessories.

They will also be available at Wal-Mart first in November 2016, then everywhere else in Spring 2017

since this kind of took over the usagi thread i figured i'd make one for it specifically.

Discuss all news/notes/opinions below.

thundermaster612 08-07-2016 05:33 PM

Well... no offense but you could've asked them to move it to the 2016 toys discussion. I don't think their important enough to have their own thread considering their only making the turtles and its just a small branding of a wave. Also I think I may have seen the Leo one in a YT vid showing off Playmates SDCC. But it may not be it. I'll try to find it later.

Coola Yagami 08-07-2016 05:44 PM

No, I disagree. This did kinda warrant it's own thread if only because the main 2016 toy thread has so many pages you'd never even know about it unless someone PM-ed you about it. I'm surprised they went with Macho Man. He seems to be the only classic of the line up since Undertaker still wrestles like once a year or so.

turtlefanforever 08-07-2016 06:08 PM

yeah

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1611362)
No, I disagree. This did kinda warrant it's own thread if only because the main 2016 toy thread has so many pages you'd never even know about it unless someone PM-ed you about it. I'm surprised they went with Macho Man. He seems to be the only classic of the line up since Undertaker still wrestles like once a year or so.

i can def see Mikey as Savage but Raph as sting is kind of a head scratcher. But Donnie and Undertaker are nothing alike but i approve of that cause Undertakers my favorite wrestler haha.

Character wise i'd go Raph as Lesnar or Stone cold but wouldn't translate to a toy well, so i understand the Sting choice.

The Deadman 08-07-2016 07:09 PM

The Raph/Sting connection I think goes with the whole vigilante angle etc although hed probably be better off as Randy Orton.

snake 08-07-2016 07:16 PM

I kinda wish they used Hogan. Yeah, yeah, I know, but he would've been a shoe-in for this series

wpugh2424 08-07-2016 07:22 PM

Why not include more Tmnt/WWE hybrid characters
Like shredder as the taker and so on ...
Just a thought

EddieNES 08-07-2016 08:32 PM

I kinda wish they never mixed wwe and turtles. It's lame if you ask me. Sure I grew up on stone cold and dx, but I don't like the idea. Especially with Playmates doing it.

But I'll still get Donnie.

OrokuYoshiFilms 08-07-2016 08:48 PM

Ok wrestling AND TMNT fans.....I love it.
I for one was extremely excited but that was because I assumed they were the basic nick assortment with wrestler paint apps. I've always been biased to 5 inch figures. Maybe because the first figures I ever had were TMNT but I just love that scale and the first Nick turtles are my absolute favorite turtles.

...anyway as a lover of both franchises a Splinter in a Ric Flair robe would just be so....just....damn.

...the Owen Hart thing was harsh.

TheMasterTurtle 08-08-2016 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1611392)
I kinda wish they used Hogan. Yeah, yeah, I know, but he would've been a shoe-in for this series

I think this whole idea is stupid but I agree with you. Pretty funny after all these years of Macho being a black sheep of WWF/E he's chosen over hogan probably due to all his legal stuff last year.

I appreciate what they were trying to do here but they should've just done STUMP variants

Donnie 08-08-2016 06:28 AM

Haha, I never would have thought I'd see something like this. It's a crazy idea but I like it. I grew up watching Savage and Hogan, and as a young kid I loved DX and the Brood and the Hardy Boyz. I still watch WWE for laughs when I catch it on. I'll get Michelangelo, because Savage was always my favorite classic wrestler.

The Deadman 08-08-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpugh2424 (Post 1611395)
Why not include more Tmnt/WWE hybrid characters
Like shredder as the taker and so on ...
Just a thought

That woulda been badass.

BlueKatana 08-08-2016 11:19 AM

Need a Kevin Nash as Shredder. :D

TheCanadiandrome 08-08-2016 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueKatana (Post 1611610)
Need a Kevin Nash as Shredder. :D

rofl yes haha

nimajneb 08-16-2016 08:01 AM

I got excited because i thought this was a thread for using WWE accessories as diorama kit.
Nevermind, as you were

turtlefanforever 10-15-2016 07:40 PM

bump

https://mobile.twitter.com/wwfclassi...201665/photo/1

Pictured here. Easy pass for.me.

Jester 10-15-2016 07:55 PM

There are NOT the Wrestling TMNT I wanted...

TheCanadiandrome 10-18-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 1632993)
There are NOT the Wrestling TMNT I wanted...

but i'll still have them any way

wpugh2424 10-21-2016 12:00 PM

WWE youtube channel has a vid of Zack Ryder opening Leo as John Cena. Apparently, he will be doing the other 3 videos as well.

nellyp 10-22-2016 07:08 PM

The Raphael/Sting video went up today.

Also on pixel Dans YouTube channel he mentioned that he saw the TMNT/WWE figures behind closed doors at SDCC and was under NDA not to talk about them till the reveal but there were more shown than just these 4.