The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FW 87 TMNT complete series dvd in turtle van box. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38904)

Jephael 11-14-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1021936)
How many times does it need to be explained that this Turtle Van boxset is NOT aimed at the people who bought the single releases!

Are some of you stupid enough to believe that everyone bought all the individual DVDs that started back in 2004? Do you realize how long ago that was?

Geez, what crawled up your fanny? I thought these complete series sets were for us hardcore geeks who can't get enough of the show. Also, what if this complete series boxset has some brand new special features like Warner Bros. did with Smallville's complete series boxset?

CyberCubed 11-14-2012 02:41 PM

It's not aimed at hardcore fans, its aimed at casual fans. Hardcore fans picked up the single DVD releases.

Luke795 11-14-2012 03:58 PM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Complete Classic Collection DVD Party Wagon Box Set Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2jaQ_otZpc

Jester 11-14-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke795 (Post 1021984)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Complete Classic Collection DVD Party Wagon Box Set Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2jaQ_otZpc

I don't know why I watch when I spy the SeanxLong logo....he grates on me so much.

Storm Eagle 11-14-2012 04:15 PM

So all the booklet does is tell you what episodes are on what discs. That's fine, but I was hoping it might have much more than that. Like say, episode descriptions, and maybe even premiere date information. It's still helpful though, because the backs of the sets for seasons 4, 5, and the complete set of season 7 don't tell you what episodes are on the sets. So I might still trade in my individual sets for the complete series set.

DF619 11-14-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 1021986)
I don't know why I watch when I spy the SeanxLong logo....he grates on me so much.

I hate his intros. They're just too awkward and not very funny.

alliance 11-14-2012 06:17 PM

do u guys like the blucollection guy, the guy with the accent?

can u guys name some other accounts that review bluray boxes or even dvd sets please, like trilogies or anything i know i can type whatever i want but sometimes i watch just for the reviewer lmao

zodiac brave 11-14-2012 08:00 PM

if you already have the seasons, then you don't HAVE TO buy the box set. if you're complaining about how "preposterous" it is to "pay money for something you already own", then that seems like a personal prob you gotta deal with yourself.

how you gonna be mad that theres another option for fans to own the series? i already have a couple volumes individually, but it'll be cheaper to get the van set than it would be me for me to complete my collection by buying the individual dvd releases. yeah, i'll be doubled up on a few seasons, but thats my choice. the indiv dvd sets are still pretty easy to find...

they've already said theres no significant extras other than the van shaped box. and if you feel you have to buy it just for that, then again, thats you wanting to be a completist. can't blame anyone else. :ohwell:

i just think its awesome we're getting something like this, that a lot of other franchises dont.

TheCanadiandrome 11-14-2012 10:43 PM

I'm just buying it cause its cool

Jester 11-14-2012 11:01 PM

I'm NOT buying it because I have 9 of the 10 seasons already and prefer that to the gimmicky van packaging.

That and I'm broke.

TheCanadiandrome 11-14-2012 11:25 PM

Lol that'll do it

CyberCubed 11-15-2012 12:01 AM

I would have bought this if the two Season 5 episodes were put back in their proper order...

Luzmagica 11-15-2012 01:16 AM

Just asking....About DVD 10 season´s collection .... are there available subtitles?? other languagues?? Just asking! :tgrin:

Jephael 11-15-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1022144)
I would have bought this if the two Season 5 episodes were put back in their proper order...

Actually "Once Upon a Time Machine" is a season 4 episode.

alliance 11-15-2012 09:48 AM

i havent read the entire thread so please excuse me, but does the Original Season seperate Sellings contain more special features than this new Van?

TheCanadiandrome 11-15-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alliance (Post 1022221)
i havent read the entire thread so please excuse me, but does the Original Season seperate Sellings contain more special features than this new Van?

^ i don't believe so, as some of the Season sets had no extras at all

well i just got mine today, and it's too cool for words! sorry but despite the naysayers this is awesome! brings the geek out of me hardcore!

oldmanwinters 11-15-2012 04:06 PM

Regarding the packaging of the discs:
Quote:

The only thing that really is different here is the inclusion of an ill-conceived van which mimics the one in the show and holds the DVDs… badly. Each DVD is given its own space in the van, but there is nothing to firmly keep them in their individual spaces and any amount of jostling moves them. I imagine at least a few people will be exchanging the set upon opening it at home and finding discs badly scratched due to movement in shipping. There is also a great booklet that names every episode and says which disc it is on, except that—due to incredibly poor planning—the booklet doesn't actually fit anywhere in the van. It would not have been hard to cheat the van's shape or the insert that holds the discs and give the booklet a place, but that hasn't been done.
http://blogcritics.org/video/article...inja-turtles9/

Jester 11-15-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luzmagica (Post 1022166)
Just asking....About DVD 10 season´s collection .... are there available subtitles?? other languagues?? Just asking! :tgrin:

There are English Closed Captions, but that's it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alliance (Post 1022221)

Nope. This "collection" is the exact same discs as the individual releases, with new disc labels all placed in a plastic van.

CyberCubed 11-15-2012 04:33 PM

I figured the Turtle Van case would scratch the discs. Imagine if every disc works but one of the middle ones...then what do you do? You have to return the entire series.

Meanwhile if you bought the individual releases you can simply return that single DVD.

TheSkeletonMan939 11-15-2012 06:19 PM

So... do they even bother to give the disks any sort of protection? A cheap plastic slip or something?