The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ghostbuster turtles (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58358)

Autbot_Benz 07-20-2017 01:06 PM

Ghostbuster turtles
 
http://i.imgur.com/nOJ2G3c.jpg

Coro 07-20-2017 01:07 PM

PUKE



more text cause it made me

Oculus Orbus 07-20-2017 01:10 PM

Playmates will never cease to amaze me (this is not a compliment).

Andrew NDB 07-20-2017 01:13 PM

I would have sh** the bed as a kid if this was a thing back then. In a good way.

I don't know that kids today will care much. "Why are the Ninja Turtles dressed up like those unfunny ladies in that Ghostobliterators movie?"

snake 07-20-2017 01:14 PM

Those are f*cking scary.

Autbot_Benz 07-20-2017 01:16 PM

I think Raph should have been Venkman not Mikey

EddieNES 07-20-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1699867)
I would have sh** the bed as a kid if this was a thing back then. In a good way.

I don't know that kids today will care much. "Why are the Ninja Turtles dressed up like those unfunny ladies in that Ghostobliterators movie?"

This is what I was thinking. I would have loved these, but kids today? Probably not as much. I'm thinking today would more likely be the turtles dressed as Marvel characters over GB.

Raph Ironman
Leo Cap America
Don Hulk
Mikey Thor.

C'mon, it's easy Playmates lol.

plastroncafe 07-20-2017 01:51 PM

The alignments are all wrong.
Clearly the folks at Playmates didn't read the IDW Crossover event.

Dane E5R 07-20-2017 01:57 PM

To heck with you guys, I am all over this. I'll take 10 sets of 10, please.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-20-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieNES (Post 1699874)
This is what I was thinking. I would have loved these, but kids today? Probably not as much. I'm thinking today would more likely be the turtles dressed as Marvel characters over GB.

Raph Ironman
Leo Cap America
Don Hulk
Mikey Thor.

C'mon, it's easy Playmates lol.

Dude, you got your Raph and Don toys switched. :trazz:

Andrew NDB 07-20-2017 01:58 PM

Why they gotta fill the "angry Turtle" role with the black guy?

plastroncafe 07-20-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy (Post 1699890)
Dude, you got your Raph and Don toys switched. :trazz:

I can't see Raph as Ironman, and I have a hard time seeing Raph as not-hulked Banner.

My vote: Hawkeye.
He's good at what he does, but a tirefire of a person when it comes to anything else.

RaphaelinSTL 07-20-2017 02:07 PM

These are so hilariously goofy...

Powder 07-20-2017 02:26 PM

I... don't know how to feel about these.

If Playmates were smart, they'd be doing these wacky variants in the style of the original toyline. C'mon guys. Revive it. You're clearly marketing these to 30 year olds in the first place.

Someone once made a Ghostbusters custom using Pro Pilot Don as the base & it was perfect. They should've just gone in that direction.

http://www.tmnttoys.com/91figures/army/5151.jpg

Lil Karai 07-20-2017 02:27 PM

Surrender the license NOW.

Vegita-San 07-20-2017 02:29 PM

https://scontent.fewr1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...1a&oe=59C516C0

JonesyKitty 07-20-2017 02:53 PM

At first these were really disturbing to me. I agree with Powder that they should've gone retro with them. BUT on the positive side, my 4 year old will love these. He recently snagged all my Real GB figures and since I'm missing Ray he uses Leo. Despite my lack of support for modern Playmates, I'll definitely be getting them for him.

Candy Kappa 07-20-2017 03:05 PM

They look super creepy... Why the freaky facemorph, normal Turtles in GB suits would be so much better.

Optimus Primer 07-20-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1699956)
They look super creepy... Why the freaky facemorph, normal Turtles in GB suits would be so much better.

Agreed. These are ugly.

If this is Playmates's only new reveal from SDCC..... :tgrumble:

909 Turtle Fan 07-20-2017 03:32 PM

These look ugly AF, Raph looks like my fat drunk ass Tío Manuel


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.