The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Should the next film be another chapter in the Original trilogy or a new reboot? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58532)

FredWolfLeonardo 08-10-2017 07:16 PM

Should the next film be another chapter in the Original trilogy or a new reboot?
 
I was recently having this thought, that I would not want the next tmnt film to be an origin story since it has been done many times in the past and gets repetitive after a while in my opinion.

Instead, I think that the next film should be a full CG animated continuation of the original trilogy and tmnt 2007, showing older turtles in a new situation rather than the old "we tell April where we came from then beat Shredder" story.

What are your thoughts? Do you think the Original movie turtles being in the next movie will work, or does the next film need to start completely fresh?

ToTheNines 08-10-2017 07:20 PM

Reboot.

I would really like an animated feature or comic book with some Steve Barron involvement that is a true sequel to the 1990 movie and totally ignores SotO.

The Deadman 08-10-2017 07:35 PM

The only way I'd be alright with another movie in the original trilogy is if they brought back the suits and the voice actors.

Shark_Blade 08-10-2017 07:54 PM

Reboot.

I don't see the turtle suits coming back, it's ancient technology. In TMNT 1, in some scenes like when Mikey raised his head screaming "I love being a turtle!", I can see the suit's crumpled line opening under his neck and that took me out of believing the character is real. :/ Nope, that simply will not do. No more.

CGI is the way to go: most creatures are cgi nowadays: Hulk, Avatar, Beast (from Beauty & the Beast), Caesar (War for Planet of the Apes), Smeagol (Lord of the Ring), etc.

Andrew NDB 08-10-2017 08:25 PM

There's really not enough "good" in the first four movies that it's worth getting back into now. And no one is going to invest in such a movie. "30 years later, the sequel." That's only been tried once with comic book movies, with Superman Returns, and that was a flop.

mrmaczaps 08-10-2017 10:49 PM

They can make a new movie using suits and use cgi as touchups... that would be the way to go... this full on cgi crap has to stop. Did movie makers not learn from the Star Wars Prequels?!? Lol

CyberCubed 08-10-2017 10:50 PM

Fun Fact: Robbie Rist plays Mondo Gecko in the Nick cartoon and can still do his original movie Michelangelo voice perfectly....and the last time he played Mike was in Movie III which came out in 1993....20+ years ago.

Man, how do VA's still have the same voice after 20 years?

sdp 08-10-2017 10:58 PM

A sequel to OOTS.

Fight me.

mrmaczaps 08-10-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1706554)
A sequel to OOTS.

Fight me.

Easy solution.

Bay Turtles decide to go find Shredder, pre opening credits... Donnie has off screen created a vortex device... Opens it, they jump in and land at the feet of the Mirage Turtles first seen in greyscale... open credits... new scene, four dead Bay Turtles burning in NY Harbor... commence R rate Turtles movie. :lol:

DestronMirage22 08-11-2017 01:44 AM

Reboot.
We need a good retelling of the original origin story.
And as much as I like the original films, I think too much time has passed to try to continue with them.

neatoman 08-11-2017 06:10 AM

Probably best just to reboot this whole thing again.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 08-11-2017 08:52 AM

Utroms
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1706518)
Reboot.

I would really like an animated feature or comic book with some Steve Barron involvement that is a true sequel to the 1990 movie and totally ignores SotO.

Great, so we could have a real "Secret of the Ooze", with Utroms as first planned.

The Deadman 08-11-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1706551)
Fun Fact: Robbie Rist plays Mondo Gecko in the Nick cartoon and can still do his original movie Michelangelo voice perfectly....and the last time he played Mike was in Movie III which came out in 1993....20+ years ago.

Man, how do VA's still have the same voice after 20 years?

The last time he actually voiced the character was in a Casey Jones fan film



Shows up towards the end.

eskater 08-11-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1706540)
There's really not enough "good" in the first four movies that it's worth getting back into now. And no one is going to invest in such a movie. "30 years later, the sequel." That's only been tried once with comic book movies, with Superman Returns, and that was a flop.

As much as a continuation sounds enticing and I'm not a huge fan of reboots, I have to agree with Andrew on this one. 2007 TMNT tried doing a sort of "hiatus" for the turtles and although I loved their personalities in this one it really didn't feel quite right, and Superman Returns was a pretty bad flop. I'd go for a reboot for sure.

eskater 08-11-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaczaps (Post 1706558)
Easy solution.

Bay Turtles decide to go find Shredder, pre opening credits... Donnie has off screen created a vortex device... Opens it, they jump in and land at the feet of the Mirage Turtles first seen in greyscale... open credits... new scene, four dead Bay Turtles burning in NY Harbor... commence R rate Turtles movie. :lol:

Did ask for it lol :tlol:

Krutch 08-11-2017 09:33 AM

Reboot.

I agree about not wanting to see another origin movie but there's a few issues with skipping it entirely when a new reboot comes along...

For starters, there's so many different origins that exist between Mirage, IDW, Fred Wolf, Nick, 2k4, each with their own unique spin on things, that you'd need to clarify the origins when introducing a new iteration.

Why not just skip the origin entirely?

You need to establish their relationship with Shredder, and that always comes back to the origin. So unfortunately, I believe it's an origin you can't really skip out on when rebooting.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-11-2017 09:48 AM

A proper origin doesn't take an entire movie to cover.

Have a 5-10 minute flashback narrated by Splinter to April or even to the Turtles, same as pretty much every iteration before.

It's not hard to do it right. Except for Hollywood, apparently.

eskater 08-11-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krutch (Post 1706612)
Reboot.

I agree about not wanting to see another origin movie but there's a few issues with skipping it entirely when a new reboot comes along...

For starters, there's so many different origins that exist between Mirage, IDW, Fred Wolf, Nick, 2k4, each with their own unique spin on things, that you'd need to clarify the origins when introducing a new iteration.

Why not just skip the origin entirely?

You need to establish their relationship with Shredder, and that always comes back to the origin. So unfortunately, I believe it's an origin you can't really skip out on when rebooting.

I wouldn't want to skip out the origin entirely, especially with the Shredder. Although I think there is merit in not spending too much time in the origin.

GoldMutant 08-11-2017 10:10 AM

Why the shell would there be another movie in the original trilogy? A book or comic, maybe, but a movie? The trilogy I feel were products of their time and the magic from the 90s cannot be replicated.

As others have said, a reboot is what'll be needed, but currently, it shouldn't be done. If Out of the Shadows did poor at the box office due to the first film and other better movies at the time of its release, it's best for the films to lay low for a few years. Then, reboot it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 08-11-2017 10:34 AM

Nobody's continuing the Tim Burton Batman movies. Batman needed a Christopher Nolan to "Dark Knight" the franchise after the abysmal Joel Schumacher filmes.

Hopefully, TMNT can follow the same trend...

Burton/Bannon...
enjoyable but ultimately dated

Schumacher/Bay...
a lot of disrespect to the franchise, wacky, stupid, toys

Nolan/???... a fresh new interpretation that brings the franchise back to prominence and success


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.