The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Teenaage Mutant Ninja Turtles Unleashed Trading Card Game (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58825)

Krutch 09-26-2017 01:57 AM

Teenaage Mutant Ninja Turtles Unleashed Trading Card Game
 
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxM...YMSzx/$_58.JPG
Did anyone ever play this? Was it any good?

oldmanwinters 09-26-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krutch (Post 1717894)
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxM...YMSzx/$_58.JPG
Did anyone ever play this? Was it any good?

The original card artwork was incredible. It's a set worth tracking down simply for that reason alone. It's too bad specific artists were never credited for their work on each one.

I don't know anything about its relative "game" quality because I'm not into card games.

The-Shredder 09-26-2017 08:22 PM

It's funny that you're bringing this up now, because a few days ago I found this cheesy promo that 4Kids made for the TCG. It starts 30 seconds into the video. Think Yu-Gi-Oh! meets TMNT and Shredder is Seto Kaiba. Mikey even says "It's time to duel!"


Ninturtle 09-26-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Shredder (Post 1718087)
It's funny that you're bringing this up now, because a few days ago I found this cheesy promo that 4Kids made for the TCG. It starts 30 seconds into the video. Think Yu-Gi-Oh! meets TMNT and Shredder is Seto Kaiba. Mikey even says "It's time to duel!"


That's pretty cool, I love how it's not even subtle with it's advertisements.

DestronMirage22 09-26-2017 10:49 PM

I always liked the cards, like oldmanwinters said the art was the major selling point.
Believe it or not, a dollar store a bit aways from here actually still has some of these. Albeit repackaged as 4-card packs for a dollar. I picked some up last time I went and got some good ones. Maybe I should go again...

Krutch 09-27-2017 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1717922)
The original card artwork was incredible. It's a set worth tracking down simply for that reason alone.I don't know anything about its relative "game" quality because I'm not into card games.

Yeah I remember when it came out a lot of people on this forum were gushing over the artwork but never heard anything about the actual game itself.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninturtle (Post 1718088)
That's pretty cool, I love how it's not even subtle with it's advertisements.

Imagine this was the opening 5 minutes of an actual episode? People would lose their sh*t :lol:

oldmanwinters 09-27-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Shredder (Post 1718087)
It's funny that you're bringing this up now, because a few days ago I found this cheesy promo that 4Kids made for the TCG. It starts 30 seconds into the video. Think Yu-Gi-Oh! meets TMNT and Shredder is Seto Kaiba. Mikey even says "It's time to duel!"


I knew that was a part of some of the 4Kids dvd promos (aka "special features" lol), but I wasn't able to find it online. Thanks for the heads up!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.