View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 09:11 PM   #34
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I am disappointed in this thread. I thought someone was going to post the obvious answer which is found in msmarvelduckie's signature! "Where science ends, magic begins" Spiral, UnCanny X-Men#491.

Ah thank you for that! I have always felt they are two sides of the same coin. The boundries between the two can often appear immense until one realizes that just a few centuries ago many of our modern conveniences would have been thought of as "magick". Who is to day that things we currently still consider as being in the realm of the supernatural won't eventually become scientific fact as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Ah, but who's to say that going back in time wouldn't allow all those games to play out differently? Sure, some match-ups were so uneven that they'd happened the same but in some cases it all basically comes down to flipping a coin, and it's anyone's guess whether it'll be heads or tails anytime its thrown into the air.

So yeah, I would be worried about altering the timeline if I went into the past, especially in unintended ways. Like that one Halloween episode of The Simpsons.

I think that simply going back in time and predicting a game's outcome as proof of being from the future would have little chance of somehow affecting said game's outcome unless one were to attempt to influence it directly. I was talking primarily about revealing a game's outcome before it is over rather than being at said game and causing some kind of interference.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is online now   Reply With Quote